[DISCONTINUED][Root][SM-G955U/U1][SM-G955W][Snapdragon][V6_Bootloader][EDL_Method]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
[Root][SM-G955U/U1][SM-G955W][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

Rooted Nougat Rom​
This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar
BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
Safestrap Method
1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
2. If coming from pie rom you will have to flash Safestrap for nougat zip to keep from bootlooping into safestrap

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
thanks man!

Does this method fix 80% battery issue ?

If you are using root no. There is no fix this is implemented by Samsung in the kernel we need for 7.0 root. If you flash Oreo or pie then it's not present as they use different kernels. It's not a issue. It's a safety feature implemented and I get as much if not more sot than 100% charges.

lesther70

Nov 21, 2008
i have android pie, i cant install this?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

i waiting for you answer

deadedge7

Jan 13, 2018
When we try to copy the file nothing happens
he must not be able to copy the file on the sdcard due to fat32 problem more 4g not work
exfat work 4g and more
the same problem has happened to me

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
When we try to copy the file nothing happens
he must not be able to copy the file on the sdcard due to fat32 problem more 4g not work
exfat work 4g and more
the same problem has happened to me

Im just jumping in here so don’t know if this pertains but you can not copy a file larger than 2.5 gigs while booted too safestrap that is just the limitations of safestrap so if copying system images the phone needs to be booted to the rom or you need to pull out sdcard and manually copy to it then place back in phone

Sent using some kind of device I modified

deadedge7

Jan 13, 2018
Im just jumping in here so don’t know if this pertains but you can not copy a file larger than 2.5 gigs while booted too safestrap that is just the limitations of safestrap so if copying system images the phone needs to be booted to the rom or you need to pull out sdcard and manually copy to it then place back in phone

Sent using some kind of device I modified

ok thank's for reply and support
new safetrap option work perfect backup

italianbomber24

Apr 9, 2018
I'm sorry if this is an annoying question but I've searched and searched and searched... How would I go about having Xposed on non rooted pie for my s8 plus ? Thank you in advance...

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6
I'm sorry if this is an annoying question but I've searched and searched and searched... How would I go about having Xposed on non rooted pie for my s8 plus ? Thank you in advance...
We barely have a stable official Xposed for Oreo.... Let alone Pie.. as far as I know, we have no way of installing any form of Xposed on Pie. At least on this device because of our locked BL etc etc etc... I don't even know if anyone has developed an Xposed that works on Samsung devices for pie, but I do know there is a forked Xposed for Pie floating around but obviously it's not an official update from Rovo himself because like I said, we barely have an official Xposed for Oreo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: italianbomber24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Root][SM-G955U/U1][SM-G955W][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

Rooted Nougat Rom​
    This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
    Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar
    BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
    Safestrap Method
    1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    2. If coming from pie rom you will have to flash Safestrap for nougat zip to keep from bootlooping into safestrap
    @jrkruse awesome work as always my friend! Much respect! You are an asset to the community bro!

Thanks man
    After days of battling the edl brick after zeroing out my bootloader, I finally revived my device and now have working root and everything. The recovery.bat either failed right away or hung for hours. What finally got it to work was holding both volume buttons while connecting to my PC, and keeping them held while I ran the recovery.bat and entering the com port. Maybe it was just a fluke that it finally worked, but either way Thanks man.

Like I have stated the method and files works its just the users end that I cannot control. Computer hardware, cables drivers and stupidity are beyond my control. Im glad you got it. Looks like determination and trying different stuff payed off for you

Sent from some device I modified

Are you asking if it works on SM-G955W or telling us that it works on SM-G955W. Because yes it does work.