Full Stable J5 rom for core prime (g360f) v.3

Search This thread
Dec 28, 2016
Sofia
Hello.I made a J5 rom for core prime g360f.You can download it and use it!

Requirements:Core prime G360F,only TWRP (not CWM OR OTHERS) (U NEED DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE DOWNLOADS IN THE POST)
Step 0. Extract Odin,Restart your phone and tap Volume down,home button,power button for 3 sec. Install the TWRP. After installation wait 5 mins. in your touchwiz and then:Step0.2.
Step 0.2. Restart your phone and tap Volume up,home button,power button for 3 sec. . (to be in TWRP)
Step 1. Wipe data with the recovery on your phone.
Step.2. Flash the .zip without md5 verification
Step 3. Tap ''Home'' and go to ''Advanced'' and tap ''Fix Permissions''
Step 4. Go to ''Reboot'' and tap ''System''
Step 5. You have J5

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!Ew0VzSIC!rJD23kQ5bVboBNYI3_rA2uU60PdNYhs9duI-F_5tfiM

Attachments

• Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,052

viietkoz

Nov 4, 2016
Hello,

i really don't understand your step.

i already download TWRP files,ODIN files and J5 ROM files.

Step 1 : i launch Odin and press volume down + home + power, but where i put TWRP files in ODIN ?
Step 2 : Wipe data and cache in recovery mode in TWRP ?
Step 3 : In TWRP , where i flash the ".zip without md5 verification" ? no need to extract the .zip files ?

I thanks you in advance,

May 23, 2014
Watford
Download the latest Odin http://samsungodin.com and the latest TWRP for the core prime lte 4g (SM-G360F) https://dl.twrp.me/coreprimelte/
Open up Odin and use the AP tab and select the tar file that you downloaded ending in .coreprimelte.img.tar (at this time of wirting twrp-3.1.0-0-coreprimelte.img.tar)
Shutdown the phone and then wait 2 seconds to completely switch off, Then do "Volume Down + home button + power button for 3 sec until you see a samsung thing hit contiume and you should see a Download?
Connect your phones USB lead to PC/Laptop and let WIndows find the Drivers (this is what i did on WIndows 7 SP1 x64) or download the samsung usb drivers
Once all Windows have found the Drivers, Now on Odin hit Start and wait untill the phone restarts onto the home screen (TouchWiz) now wait a good 5 minutes

Congratulations at this moment you should now have TWRP custom recovery installed on your device! :good:

However i have tryed to flash the ROM but im stuck where you said "Fix permissions" however is not in Advanced?
So i just did System > Reboot but get error and had to download and install the stock firmware back via Odin https://samsung-firmware.org/model/SM-G360F

Last edited:

viietkoz

Nov 4, 2016
Download the latest Odin http://samsungodin.com and the latest TWRP for the core prime lte 4g (SM-G360F) https://dl.twrp.me/coreprimelte/
Open up Odin and use the AP tab and select the tar file that you downloaded ending in .coreprimelte.img.tar (at this time of wirting twrp-3.1.0-0-coreprimelte.img.tar)
Shutdown the phone and then wait 2 seconds to completely switch off, Then do "Volume Down + home button + power button for 3 sec until you see a samsung thing hit contiume and you should see a Download?
Connect your phones USB lead to PC/Laptop and let WIndows find the Drivers (this is what i did on WIndows 7 SP1 x64) or download the samsung usb drivers
Once all Windows have found the Drivers, Now on Odin hit Start and wait untill the phone restarts onto the home screen (TouchWiz) now wait a good 5 minutes

Congratulations at this moment you should now have TWRP custom recovery installed on your device! :good:

However i have tryed to flash the ROM but im stuck where you said "Fix permissions" however is not in Advanced?
So i just did System > Reboot but get error and had to download and install the stock firmware back via Odin https://samsung-firmware.org/model/SM-G360F

You have tried to Flash ROM J5 to Core Prime G360F ?

Alien69

Dec 16, 2008
the installation of this ROM did not work and it triggered my Knox security !
I had to reinstall the Stock ROM

softlion

Dec 21, 2016
Paris
g360h is not the same than g360f, so it won't work

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

What is the J5 ROM ?
What Android version it uses ?
Ty !

Refax

Jul 11, 2015
pls i cant download stock rom for sm-g360f, can someone upload it to google drive ? because the samsung site provides only 100kb/s of download speed so this would take 3hours to download the file, help ;( please help

Last edited:

GNASSIA

Oct 6, 2018
@XxOpticHaxSamsungXx Please add some screenshots if the ROM is working because lots of users are complaining that the ROM isn't booting up. Plus Take this ROM to ROM development and discussion section.

Hello,
I have a Samsung SM G360F with last no brand italian firmware. I tried to flash my phone with J5 ROM and i reboot it, but my phone is freezed on Samsung logo during powering on and it showes "ODIN MODE", "PRODUCT NAME: sm-G360f", "CURRENT BINARY: Custom", "SYSTEM STATUS: Custom", "REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF, "KNOX WARRENTY VOID: 0x1 (4)","QUALCOM SECURITY BOOT: Enable (CS8)", "AP SWREV: S1, T1, H1, R1, A1, P1" "SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE".
Why? How i can solve this problem? What can i do?

Thanks in advance.
G

PS: Is it need root my phone before i flash with ROM J5?

Last edited:

SupulEdirisinghe

Apr 3, 2015
Kurunegala
OnePlus 6
Hello,
I have a Samsung SM G360F with last no brand italian firmware. I tried to flash my phone with J5 ROM and i reboot it, but my phone is freezed on Samsung logo during powering on and it showes "ODIN MODE", "PRODUCT NAME: sm-G360f", "CURRENT BINARY: Custom", "SYSTEM STATUS: Custom", "REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF, "KNOX WARRENTY VOID: 0x1 (4)","QUALCOM SECURITY BOOT: Enable (CS8)", "AP SWREV: S1, T1, H1, R1, A1, P1" "SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE".

Thanks in advance.
G

Which ROM did you flashed via odin? STOCK rom?
If you flashed this ROM then it's your bad day. Because this looks like a fake. Many people did complained about that..

Download the latest firmware for your region and flash it via odin 3.09 (Because I face some confusions with 3.11+ versions like not flashing properly with older devices)..
And no you don't need your phone rooted for flashing the firmware..

Hit thanks if helped. :p

PS: Please describe the steps you took to flash the firmware

Last edited:
Reactions: GNASSIA

GNASSIA

Oct 6, 2018
If you flashed this ROM then it's your bad day. Because this looks like a fake. Many people did complained about that..

Download the latest firmware for your region and flash it via odin 3.09 (Because I face some confusions with 3.11+ versions like not flashing properly with older devices)..

I have done everything that he wrote in this post step by step using also attached files

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-core-prime/themes/stable-j5-rom-core-prime-g360f-3-t3575457

What do you mean by "Download the latest firmware for your region"?
Right now I had to restore the latest original Samsung firmware version for my italian G360F. I got it from the Sammobile site and used Odin 3.13.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    stop making j5 rom ... try to make Lineage OS for SM-G360F. thats what we all need .
    Hello,

Thanks in advance.
    G

Hey dude! I have the same exact issue and I also got my phone bricked, would you mind sending me a link to someplace where I can download the stock rom? I couldn't find anything online. Thank you.
    Samfw, and search the model number, than download and flash the stock rom by odin (search "Patched odin 3.13.1" on xda and download patched odin 3.14.1), but after the android loading screen you need to go to the recovery and wipe data