[FONT] Roboto - Android 4.0 ICS System Font

Search This thread

RVDigital

Feb 17, 2010
heymanniceblog.com
Fresh off the newly released Android 4.0 SDK, here's the Roboto System Font. The Font was created from the ground up by the Android team, specifically for Android 4.0.

I was excited to get this onto my phone as I am kind of a Font geek and I wanted to share with the rest of my fellow XDA Members.

NOTE: This is not flashable. I used Font Changer to get it onto my current phone.

View attachment Android-ICS-4-Roboto.zip

snap20111018_213432.jpg

snap20111018_213447.jpg

snap20111018_213534.jpg

snap20111018_213612.jpg

Last edited:

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
where do fonts go btw? somewhere in framework or what?

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

nvm found it /system/fonts but how do i install? srry never worked with fonts before

RVDigital

Feb 17, 2010
heymanniceblog.com
Reactions: dkdude36

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
I added this as an optional flashable item via Warm Updater tonight but for the folks who are not using my ROM, I'd like to share this flashable zip that will work on any ROM.

You can download it here

Flash like any other file.

Cheers :)

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone know if this font would work on a tablet or would it be to small?

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fresh off the newly released Android 4.0 SDK, here's the Roboto System Font. The Font was created from the ground up by the Android team, specifically for Android 4.0.

I was excited to get this onto my phone as I am kind of a Font geek and I wanted to share with the rest of my fellow XDA Members.

NOTE: This is not flashable. I used Font Changer to get it onto my current phone.

View attachment Android-ICS-4-Roboto.zip

snap20111018_213432.jpg

snap20111018_213447.jpg

snap20111018_213534.jpg

snap20111018_213612.jpg
    I added this as an optional flashable item via Warm Updater tonight but for the folks who are not using my ROM, I'd like to share this flashable zip that will work on any ROM.

You can download it here

Flash like any other file.

Cheers :)
    I'm using this font and really liking it ('though I've never being a 'font guy' before, I don't pay much attention to them).

However, I don't know if I have to do something besides using Font Changer, because it's quite difficult to tell apart unread mails from the others both in Gmail and in Email app.

Any suggestion?

I manually changed the font, but I used to use fontchanger. Map the font in this manner using fontchanger:

DroidSans --> Roboto-Regular or Roboto-Condensed
    DroidSans-Bold --> Roboto-Bold or Roboto-CondensedBold

After reboot, you'll see that unread emails are in bold type.

By the way, I love the condensed ones! I'm also picky about font and prefer condensed fonts. I've been using Arial Narrow font so far, but from now on Roboto-Condensed all the way! Thanks for sharing.
    where do fonts go btw? somewhere in framework or what?

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

nvm found it /system/fonts but how do i install? srry never worked with fonts before

Use Font Changer, easiest way to install fonts and revert back if needed.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.martino2k6.fontchangerlite
    Screen shots please...

Via My HTC Evo 3D On The Now Network From Sprint.

Becuase you said the magic word, right this way! TO THE OP WE GOOOOOOO!