Amaze Micro HDMI compatible cable?

Search This thread

jculotta

Jun 15, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Hey guys.

Long time G1/G2 user here...just cashed in on the Valentines Deal from T-Mobile and picked up the Amaze.

The associate @ the store here in Wilmington informed me that the Amaze has video out via micro HDMI...and same battery charger as the G2...?

My G2 charger seemed to work in the car, but after opening the one that came with the phone when i got home, I saw it looked a little different.

This was after I was all excited to hook up the phone to my Vizio LCD tv via a micro hdmi cable from newegg, but it didn't seem to want to fit properly. Is there a special cable I need or adapter require to hook up to a TV?

Thanks

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
As stated, you need an mhl adapter for hdmi output.
As for the charger, it's a proprietary port on the phone, but it will also work with a traditional microusb cable.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

Reactions: jculotta
Jan 8, 2012
Anyone have any first-hand experience using a proper MHL adapter for the Amaze? I'm very interested in buying one but have seen mixed reviews from this one: http://www.amazon.com/iKross-Jetstre.../dp/B005JZX5LC

I've seen other results on Google but no one really comments on having tested it with their Amaze. I've read reports of people using the HTC MHL adapter on their Evo 3D, saying the video looked pixelated. Has anyone found or used an adapter that worked well?

Reactions: mznatnat

Phenomenon

Nov 28, 2007
I have used an MHL adapter

The one I have is from Tmobile. It works, but I just don't see the practicality of it. I used to have the G2X that required that micro HDMI to HDMI. That just required one cable. This time with the MHL adapter you need to not only have to have the MHL adapter, but you also need a normal HDMI cable and a MicroUSB plug to power the device. Without either you wont get any picture. It works like normal and honestly I don't see any difference between the picture of the Amaze with their MHL adapter and the picture of the G2X with their microHDMI. It works great, but the only set back now is the amount of cables needed for this feature now.

Reactions: WikusVanDeMerwe
Jan 8, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the adapter. Could you comment on the picture quality? Does a 1080p movie look 1080p on the TV?

ChromeJob

Dec 20, 2011
Durham, NC
Based on threads here and elsewhere, I found the HTC AC-M500 12-pin adapter (the correct one according to HTC), featuring their proprietary ExtMicro USB plug. I'd tried a generic 5-pin MHL-HDMI adapter from Overstock.com, and sometimes it would work, sometimes not. (I later determined that this was probably the fault of the Dell 24" monitor I have at work.)

There are 7 extra pins in the connector that I frankly don't know if they do anything; in prior threads someone identified them as supporting composite video (yes you read that correctly), stereo audio and a MIC. But the plug fits great, and on a Samsung 27" LED HDTV, the video looks as crisp as you'd expect. Is it worth $30+? Depends upon how often you want to use it. I hope to do presentations and playback with it.

If you want some detailed pics, look to my images posted to WikiCommons.

My user page on WikiMedia (click "user contributions")

(I've also got pics in the Amazon product page's gallery.)

Phenomenon

Nov 28, 2007
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the adapter. Could you comment on the picture quality? Does a 1080p movie look 1080p on the TV?

I'm not sure if it's the player of the Amaze that makes it less appealing or if I just encoded it wrong or if it's the limitations of the picture transfer itself, but it doesn't look "perfect" so to speak. Sometimes there's even a little audio delay that for some reason is more visible on the TV than it is on the phone. It still looks good and I imagine that if the right settings for video encoding come out it will look great, but don't expect BluRay quality from the phone.

ChromeJob

Dec 20, 2011
Durham, NC
I found that my Amaze has trouble playing 1080p without a stutter ... but it does that on the device as well as the external display. I guess those of us who want to do this regularly need to upgrade to the Edge/Endeavor this summer. :mad:

frostyroot

Mar 13, 2011
The MHL cable I had for my Sensation 4G works for the Amaze, I tried it out last night it worked with no problem.

Alo81

Feb 14, 2011
Important question, when using a typical 5 pin MHL adapter, does the phone transmit audio over HDMI as well?

Along with that, if not, does the 12 pin adapter transmit audio? Thanks guys.

ChromeJob

Dec 20, 2011
Durham, NC
Check Wikipedia for references on MHL ... my reading was that it was just mobile high-definition link ... that is, a way of getting hi-def video and audio OUT of the device, not networking IN some peripherals.

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
The one I have is from Tmobile. It works, but I just don't see the practicality of it. I used to have the G2X that required that micro HDMI to HDMI. That just required one cable. This time with the MHL adapter you need to not only have to have the MHL adapter, but you also need a normal HDMI cable and a MicroUSB plug to power the device. Without either you wont get any picture. It works like normal and honestly I don't see any difference between the picture of the Amaze with their MHL adapter and the picture of the G2X with their microHDMI. It works great, but the only set back now is the amount of cables needed for this feature now.

I agree. The HDMI connection on my G2x was a lot more simpler. One cord. I am considering being a guinea pig when I get my pay check in a week....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a mhl adaptor

Sent by accident from my Amaze using Tapatalk :)
    As stated, you need an mhl adapter for hdmi output.
    As for the charger, it's a proprietary port on the phone, but it will also work with a traditional microusb cable.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
    Anyone have any first-hand experience using a proper MHL adapter for the Amaze? I'm very interested in buying one but have seen mixed reviews from this one: http://www.amazon.com/iKross-Jetstre.../dp/B005JZX5LC

I've seen other results on Google but no one really comments on having tested it with their Amaze. I've read reports of people using the HTC MHL adapter on their Evo 3D, saying the video looked pixelated. Has anyone found or used an adapter that worked well?
    I have used an MHL adapter