DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

Search This thread

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
More than a month since last update, even on github the project looks frozen. Are you guys having problems in real life? :(

Reactions: Bebaduh

spicyalan

Mar 17, 2011
More than a month since last update, even on github the project looks frozen. Are you guys having problems in real life? :(

I'm also afraid it is stalled. I was waiting until the next version, as there were still some open issues.

But i can't wait any longer.... :p
Does anyone can tell me what the current state is? I'm using the 7.2 gingerbread rom, which works fine. Biggest usage, next to browsing, is skype and flash movies. Will those work?

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
I'm also afraid it is stalled. I was waiting until the next version, as there were still some open issues.

But i can't wait any longer.... :p
Does anyone can tell me what the current state is? I'm using the 7.2 gingerbread rom, which works fine. Biggest usage, next to browsing, is skype and flash movies. Will those work?

They do work.

Both alpha 3 and alpha 4 are working good, but I prefer alpha 3 since WiFi works better in this version. The are still some issues with some 3D games and probably some high usage of RAM memory, but they're sure worth a try.

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
Still some bugs in 3D games but for the rest it seems usable . Some SOD occured while using games.
But... is the developer still working on this project ?

It's some time I do not here about DerArtem ...:(....

I hope it is just because this is just an hobby also for him and only free time is spent for this... life is life... :)

Anyhow a big thank you to DerArtem for the great jog he is doing for our folio 100 !!! :)

miazza

EnergyUK

Dec 28, 2011
Lincoln
Does seem to have gone very quiet, my hope is that they're deciding on how to approach the new kernels or doing tests or something... Really hope this project isn't dead... So much progress in such a short time... :)

LeonP5

Apr 19, 2011
fastboot erase linux
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

boot into recovery and format all parttions
than flash the new rom

i hope it work's

Thanks I'll try it soon!

I'm glad to say that sod doesn't come with 356 MHz of min frequency, and any governor indeed :)

m32

Jul 10, 2007
Szczecin
fastboot erase linux
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

boot into recovery and format all parttions
than flash the new rom

i hope it work's

I have also trouble installing this rom - nomally wipe and was working, but not in this case. So I'v erased all partitions and tada :) it's working like a harm

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
I have an other hawei but I must put the usb devices in my folio before I boot my tablet. I do nothing else too let it work. I must also not put in my pincode on my folio but on my pc he alsked my pincode I have nothing special done with my hawei device.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

I've plugged the Internet key into the tablet before turning it on, but I can't yet figure out how to connect it to Internet.

matthewharmon102

Dec 18, 2009
London
www.mattharmon.co.uk
I'm having issues where apps I've installed stop working after a period of time. So far te only thing that works is to reflash the tablet and re install everything. I have tried uninstalling andbreinstalling via android market but the same issues still occurs. No changes made to settings either. Virtually all apps affected except angry birds. Some refuse to start (I get the force close box when I open them) some start but she the force close box, and some start and run for a little while, but then crash and return to the home screen. Apps affeted
Dolphin browser HD
Draw something free
Music
Browser
Settings
Astro file manager
Polycom realpresence

I don't have that many apps installed (maybe 10)

mauri90

Jun 19, 2011
Bari
guys, I understand that you want to relax and want to have a break, but it's been almost two months, at least if we released a beta more stable, I have many problems with this rom, I wrapped the touchscreen works is the only bug I want it fixed.
guys please one last effort and you'll be rewarded for what they are worth.

Reactions: roglio

psyionx

Nov 30, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Hi, i just flash ICS to my friends toshiba for quite some time now. he claims that he cant use his portable HDD. before this it works on Gingerbread roms. Anyway to fix this?

nopy

Dec 12, 2008
Paris
guys, I understand that you want to relax and want to have a break, but it's been almost two months, at least if we released a beta more stable, I have many problems with this rom, I wrapped the touchscreen works is the only bug I want it fixed.
guys please one last effort and you'll be rewarded for what they are worth.

We are doing this in our spare time, so sometime we can spend a lot of time on it , and sometime we have higher priorities. In the little time we have spend on it , we have made no progress, so nothing to publish at the moment, just be patient.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I just got a folio100 back for €50, I installed this rom now and it works just perfect.

Gallery has been running for 1 week now with no problems. It was a perfect selection for photo lcd, compared to others way above €200 for 10" lcd's.

ReiverBlade

Oct 15, 2011
Ovronnaz
50euros now im jealous xD still nopy DerArtem great work! I Will ne ver say it enough! Thanks and patiently waiting for update! Keep the good job guys!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

soneet

Oct 12, 2008
I didn't even know Folio had bluetooth :p

I like how the last 3 posts are by 3 legends. Welcome back to the world of Folio, dexter ;)

Thanks for the hard work guys. You do this for free, so you won't see me complain about speed. I'm happy whenever you spend time on it. Looking forward to the latest build, I haven't switched to alpha 4 yet due to wifi issues.

spicyalan

Mar 17, 2011
I couldn't wait any longer... so i upgraded from 2.3 to 4.0 alpha 4

On de default dp (120), i got weird stuff, and the fonts looks bad (font too small for resolution). On 140 i lost a lot of apps in the play store. On 160, fonts looks best. It is also the only mode where chrome can work and the apps are perfectly stable.

Weird enough, I don't have the wifi issue....

Top Liked Posts