[ROM] T989-NexusMod - [4-27-12] - Release 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

samdroid959

Nov 4, 2011
City of Angels
Did indeed no issues yet here.

Great functionality, haven't run into any of the basic issues yet. Super pleased with this ROM. Quadranting in the range of 3700.

Question: Anyone able to set up multiple unlocks on the Swipe lockscreen? I feel like maybe it is hiding somewhere, or like there has to be an apk out there that can be pushed into the system. Thoughts? Love to be able to swipe straight into SMS and web browser.

why not use go locker?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

rawsx

Mar 4, 2011
Working alright so far. Just updated the toggle and battery mod. Only gripe is hanging when rebooting and powering off can't be fixed for me. Have tried flashing several times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Sighx

Jul 12, 2010
Very nice to have the toggles working. I wish you kept the old data icon though haha all good thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
I used KID on ICS n it worked fine with me just make sure your on it already before you flash a ICS rom dont flash while your on the ICS youll get no connection

Found that was to be the case..thanks :)

I did get it to work eventually with KID radio doing everything manually ie since this rom flashes radio by default...Everything was working great and I thought finally I have my first good ICS rom but then found out GPS performance was horrible :(
It couldn't get lock most of the times when normally i get quickly. Sometimes it did a get a lock, but after that relock times were very high (i.e. get a lock, turn of the gps app and then try to get it again after 1 min (warm locks) its normally < 5sec)..
So back to jugs 5.0 for me, glad I took a backup

Sighx

Jul 12, 2010
My data speed is terrible. With the radio that's provided. That's cause I'm on the telus network lol. Can't flash the radio ....at most of the time...I cant even get connections...
My signal bar never reaches more than 2 bars. Most of the time at 0 bars. Is there a possibility to be able to flash the telus modem? ???

Last edited:

deadbeatcocoa

Feb 16, 2012
Montréal
My data speed is terrible. With the radio that's provided. That's cause I'm on the telus network lol. Can't flash the radio ....at most of the time...I cant even get connections...
My signal bar never reaches more than 2 bars. Most of the time at 0 bars. Is there a possibility to be able to flash the telus modem? ???

I'm on Telus too.. and I haven't got no reception issues. Wipe cache and dalvik cache maybe.

goldfingerfif

Jan 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
Found that was to be the case..thanks :)

I did get it to work eventually with KID radio doing everything manually ie since this rom flashes radio by default...Everything was working great and I thought finally I have my first good ICS rom but then found out GPS performance was horrible :(
It couldn't get lock most of the times when normally i get quickly. Sometimes it did a get a lock, but after that relock times were very high (i.e. get a lock, turn of the gps app and then try to get it again after 1 min (warm locks) its normally < 5sec)..
So back to jugs 5.0 for me, glad I took a backup

I have a gps fix that will be part of the next update. Hopefully it will be as crazy fast for everyone as me.

My data speed is terrible. With the radio that's provided. That's cause I'm on the telus network lol. Can't flash the radio

Next version you will be able to choose your radio or one not at all.

Reactions: granduke

s10shane

Jul 30, 2010
Victorville, Ca
Does anyone have echo issues with calls? Every ics build I tried gives me an echo issue when talking to people but I've never flashed any radios. I always use the stock one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Sighx

Jul 12, 2010
I'm on Telus too.. and I haven't got no reception issues. Wipe cache and dalvik cache maybe.

I've wiped many any times. Its nothing to do with that. I'm not really sure what's going on by good to know I'll be able to flash telus radio! I was always able to get 10-15 mbps for telus radios

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
I have a gps fix that will be part of the next update. Hopefully it will be as crazy fast for everyone as me.

Next version you will be able to choose your radio or one not at all.

Thanks for your hard work :)

The GPS fix is it the AGPS patch from the forum (basically tweaked gps.conf) or something else ?

I had noticed GPS on Jugs ROM somehow works the best, I'm not sure of the reason, coz I use the same gps.conf between all gingerbread(m&s tuesday and tdj digital warfare) and ICS roms but gps locks are always the fastest in this ROM with better accuracy

Iconic24

Mar 3, 2012
Does anyone have echo issues with calls? Every ics build I tried gives me an echo issue when talking to people but I've never flashed any radios. I always use the stock one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
I get echo problems with all the ICS roms too, this rom is the best one so far since echo isn't as prevalent but it is still there. At least its improving I guess

goldfingerfif

Jan 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
hey goldfinger hows v3 coming along?

Not too bad slight problem here and there with the toggle. I want to make my own instead of using the ICS Sky one. I want it to keep the toggle icons and signal bars. Also was working on some GPS and signal tweaks with the radio and RIL. Don't want to mention anymore because if stuff don't work and have to take it out for now don't want to kill peoples dreams.

goldfingerfif

Jan 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for your hard work :)

The GPS fix is it the AGPS patch from the forum (basically tweaked gps.conf) or something else ?

I had noticed GPS on Jugs ROM somehow works the best, I'm not sure of the reason, coz I use the same gps.conf between all gingerbread(m&s tuesday and tdj digital warfare) and ICS roms but gps locks are always the fastest in this ROM with better accuracy

It's 2 things but yes the gps.conf is one of the 2.

ronin4740

Oct 22, 2007
This ROM was a nice taste of ICS for me but I'm going to have to wait for one with a fixed bluetooth stack. This version wont stay connected to my car after the first reboot. Hopefully next leak or next version will have a fix for this.

reverted back to Eugene's CM7 kang for now.

ghettoc401

Apr 24, 2008
First off, thank you for this ROM goldfinger, its amazing! I've been using it all day and its been smooth as butter. I haven't noticed any issues yet.

My only problem is that I can't get shutdown / reboot to work correctly. As suggested in the OP, I've tried to wipe cache/dalvik cache after I let the phone sit for 5 minutes on the first boot. I've been using the ROM for a good 12+ hours and throughout the day I've tried rebooting and wiping both the cache / dalvik cache and it still doesnt work. Any suggestions ?

EDIT:

I see other people are having issues with bluetooth. I can confirm that the sixaxis app works so you can play with your dualshock 3

Last edited:

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
This ROM was a nice taste of ICS for me but I'm going to have to wait for one with a fixed bluetooth stack. This version wont stay connected to my car after the first reboot. Hopefully next leak or next version will have a fix for this.

reverted back to Eugene's CM7 kang for now.

Bluetooth works fine for me I a2dp stream and take calls over it daily and frequently throughout the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THANKS EVERYONE

This is a Skyrocket Port

Original Thread:
    M0D1441

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1605105

What did I do to this ROM?
    Check the changelog at the bottom of this post

Features:
    Introduction to ROM -M0D1441

// NexusMod ICS Zero //
    [UCLD2/4.0.3]

#
    # Modified to work on the T989 by goldfingerfif
    #

Features

-AT&T UCLD2 (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3)
    -No CIQ
    -Debloated
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Legit battery life
    -Crazy Fast
    -Minimal Touchwiz apps
    -Awesome build.prop tweaks
    -Stock Samsung ICS Lock Screen
    -Custom Samsung Messaging from UnNamed ROM (Thank you gtg465x)
    -CM9 like custom AOSP Status Bar
    -CM9 Emoticons
    -CM9 Ringtones
    -CM9 Alarms/Motifications
    -CM9 ICS Keyboard
    -CM9 ICS Status Bar icons
    -CM9 Menu popups
    -CM9 ICS icons
    -AOSP Framework
    -AOSP Desk Clock/Alarm Clock/Analog Clock
    -CM9 Boot Animation
    -Kernal: romracer's Unsecure ICS Kernel (thank you romracer)
    -CM9 Trebuchet Launcher
    -Transparent AOSP ICS Lock Screen
    -No AT&T logo in Status Bar
    -No AM/PM in Status Bar Clock
    -ICS Blue Status Bar Clock

Known Issues:
    -14 Toggle Mod

Let me know if you find anything else

Screenshots:
    More updated ones coming soon!

TODO:
    WiFi Calling
    Fix Messaging Icon in Launcher
    Theme

Added Programs:
    Chrome

For people who use AllShare
    Download (Mirror) (Flash in CWM)

Download:
    Release 3.8 (Mirror)
    THIS IS A FULL ROM NOT AN UPDATE
    MD5: a568579191fda591ab6612c90a8e6e1e
    Follow me on twitter for latest updates!

Update 3.8 (Mirror)
    Just Flash on Top of Release 3, NO NEED TO WIPE ANYTHING
    This incorporates updates 3.1-3.8
    MD5: 7c655e9d8208b836e552faf41529b62c
    Follow me on twitter for latest updates!

Wallpaper from ROM
    ADD-ON:
    SkyICS 14 Toggle & Battery Mod
    http://d-h.st/doS (Mirror)
    Adds 14 toggle and % BatteryMod
    Flash after flashing the ROM. If you already have the rom installed be sure to wipe cache and dalvik after flashing.
    (Thanks to SKY ICS by seanzscreams)

RADIOS - Flash these on top of any ICS Rom. RIL already taken out.
    TMobile
    VK1 (Mirror) MD5: cf82735e133808469a2e00f3ee6be99f
    KID (Mirror) MD5: 109ed31363a0318106dd92c7ccc2feba
    LB7 (Mirror) MD5: 53c12bf513d0c580bd7edbf87ac6f790

Telus
    KJ3 (Mirror) MD5: 8b5bf69c60b53be6ae3a79a260a76748

Instructions:
    Step 1. Enter CWM Touch v5.8.1.3

Step 2. Wipe data/factory reset
    Step 2b. Wipe dalvik & Format system

Step 3. Flash ROM

Step 4. Reboot and let sit for 5-10mins for it to settle then reboot into CWM and Flash Update 3.8

Step 5. Select reboot in CWM and wait 5mins after boot has completed (DON'T TOUCH IT OR EVEN LOOK AT THE PHONE)

Step 6. Reboot and wait for media scan to complete then run fix permissions in rom manager

Step 7. Have fun

Changelog
    Update v3.8 4-27-12
    build.prop tweaks
    -Possible Echo Fix

Update v3.6 4-26-12
    init.d Scrips
    -zip align on boot
    -set permission on boot
    -Memory and sd card speed tweaks
    -Possible battery life increase tweak
    -ext4 tweaks
    -Loopy smoothness script

Update v3.3 4-25-12
    Inverted AOSP APPS - thanks he_stheone64
    -Calendar
    -Gallery
    -Gmail
    -Google+
    -Youtube
    Included patched services.jar - thanks zeppelinrox
    (Prep system for future update)

Update V3.2 4-25-12
    build.prop fix :mad:
    Fixed default ringtone to play through

Update V3.1 4-24-12
    Updated Busy Box - thanks wraithdu
    Fixed ROM Manager - FIX PERMISSIONS NOW WORKS!

Release v3 4-23-12
    Modem Flash No Longer Included
    Triple wipe with Darkside superwipe by TDJ
    Changed Ringtone
    Changed Notification tone
    Hosts file for less ADs
    GPS tweaks
    Updated RIL
    Battery Life Improvements
    build.prop tweaks
    Battery % Mod
    Removed default ATT wifi Access Point
    More ATT Crap removed
    Updated Contacts APK to remove ATT - thanks jim93
    Changed SW Configuration Settings
    Swype Fixed - Thanks JBThemes & SamDroid959
    Included Google Chrome
    Removed Quicksettings
    Fixed Shutdown and Reboot - Please let me know as mine is working

Release v2 4-20-12
    Increased Stability
    Added a fix permissions script to execute at end of install
    Removed 1% battery mod for now due to problems
    installer-script tweaks

Release v1 4-18-12
    Flashes Darksides Superwipe by TDJ (Triple!) Before Rom
    Includes yaldak's rotation fix
    Build.prop tweaks (including correctly showing up as T989)
    APN Fix! No longer need to manually type it in after flashing :D
    Working shutdown and restart

Thanks to:
    M0D1441 - Awesome ROM Base!!
    TDJ
    yaldak
    Master&Slave
    jim93
    SamDroid959
    JBThemes
    seanzscreams
    he_stheone64
    wraithdu
    zeppelinrox
    Just want to say, not to be deuche

I don't want to see too many aspects from my ROM (for example a PNG from my ROM, or too many .apk's from my ROM, I have ways of tracing pretty much everything to me and not just with the date modified) because its my work and it took dedication being a high school student with a social life and a lady friend not to mention stress and assignments. Plus only about 10 of y'all T989 users hit my thanks so i'm not on y'all's good side.

I'm still pissed i wasn't contacted for permission to port this ROM before hand, so me and a few users over at the i727 forums are ready to report....

Sent from my i9250 using xda premium
    HA!!! I knew this leak would bleed over to the T989 forum!!! VIVA NEXUSMOD! ;)

Be sure to come credit the original dev :D
    Will be checking TMobile ICS Leak out. New Version will be based off that if all checks out good.
    THANK YOU EVERYONE USING THIS ROM AND ENJOYING IT!

THANKS ANYONE WHO HAS PROVIDED FEEDBACK

THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING

It keeps me motivated to see people helping each other and to see positive comments as well as constructive criticism.

I couldn't do it without everyone because it would have let me know I sucked and should never touch roms if nobody used it. :p