Android 4.2 Camera

Search This thread

umarsl

Feb 13, 2011
My gyro is perfectly fine and Photosphere is working great for me.

I am using the Stock rooted odex Sense 4+ JB ROM - the first one. v2 breaks the gyro. Haven't gotten a chance to test v2.1.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Jonathan_A

Dec 26, 2012
Newbish here...

So I've flashed this thing, and the sphere thingy doesn't work right... Probably gyroscope problem, the little blue dot doesn't move right and stuff. I did the build.prop edit and nothing... Suggestions?

And by sphere thingy I mean sphere camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simba501

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland
I flashed this over and ever since, I can load the application but the camera it self never shows anything. (The screen is just black) Anything I can do or should I just scrap it and delete this new camera?

I did try a few other camera apps from the play store and they did not work either.

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
I flashed this over and ever since, I can load the application but the camera it self never shows anything. (The screen is just black) Anything I can do or should I just scrap it and delete this new camera?

I did try a few other camera apps from the play store and they did not work either.

Clear application data on the camera, boot to recovery, and wipe cache and dalvik.

Sent from my HTC One X

kingkongkev

Jan 5, 2013
geleen
Almost

I must say that the quality isn't that much better. As a matter of fact it's worse than the Sense one. And it can't beat it after installing the HTCCamera Mod.
Starting to record and making pictures during recording is amazingly fast though. :good:

I've got the PhotoSphere to work almost perfectly. I used the Android 4.2 Camera&Keyboard combo zip and did not change anything.
I'm on the Renovate 13.2.0 with Android 4.1.1 and Sense 4.5 and kernel 1.39.

The biggest issue I am having is with my battery.
When I take Sphere pictures my battery drops from 44 to 29 within a few minutes. Is this because of the Sphere function or could this be a bug in the app n combination with the rom? :confused:

I'm going to install OrDroid tonight because of the better battery life it has over the Renovate. But I'm gonna miss the Renovate theme. :(

Oh and the sound is really really quit. Like the mic is covered with a towel. The camera app from Sense has no problem whatsoever.

Last edited:

operanal

May 13, 2009
NJ
The biggest issue I am having is with my battery.
When I take Sphere pictures my battery drops from 44 to 29 within a few minutes. Is this because of the Sphere function or could this be a bug in the app n combination with the rom? :confused:

I haven't check battery life, but the back of the phone gets super hot after I open the 4.2 camera app (running stock kernel, and no overclock). Has anyone experienced that?

segad

Dec 9, 2010
Hannover
When I use Photosphere make the pictures he is Rendering after that he closed Gallery any idea? I downloaded a pic they works but when I makes self it's crashes.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One XL mit Tapatalk 2

Bowmanspeer

Jul 18, 2011
Oregon
thought I would try it on my One S running JellyBam. After taking the first shot of a sphere it started spinning and wouldn't stop till I changed cameras. It will be nice to see this working at some point.

sizemore2000

Jun 12, 2012
Tahlequah
This works great on my ACR ics Rom. Thanks for sharing. My son was rubbing it in my face that his S3 had it. And now he's quiet again! Lol!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: happilyaccosted

jesusitox12

Jul 7, 2012
Hermosillo
Help?

So i flashed it yesterday and everything was ok and fine for the first time ever the photoshpere was working i was so amazed and when i was taking a pic today the camera Force closed on me and re opened it and it was working fine but now i cant view photosphere pictures it has the photosphere option but cant view it but yet i can take PS photos i tried wiping the cache/dalvik

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
So i flashed it yesterday and everything was ok and fine for the first time ever the photoshpere was working i was so amazed and when i was taking a pic today the camera Force closed on me and re opened it and it was working fine but now i cant view photosphere pictures it has the photosphere option but cant view it but yet i can take PS photos i tried wiping the cache/dalvik

That's a really long sentence.

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Anyone tried this on any other sense Rom aside from viper? I want to try it on cleanrom JB, any chance of running into major trouble?

'busa

Sep 19, 2012
I installed this on the sense based iida rom (inforom) and the camera works fine, but even when my volume is all the way down, the camera shutter sound is heard at full volume every time. Is there a way to turn it off? Can I just delete it? Where would it be?

EDIT: Got it. Just renamed camera_click.ogg under /system/media/audio/ui/ and rebooted. Worked just fine.

Last edited:

botty67

Dec 19, 2012
Hi, I have SlimBean with Fusion and the camera is horrible, half the camera view is taken up with the button,

I flashed this thinking it would fix everything but I havent got half the results others are getting. I have 2 camera icons, it hasnt overwriten the old camera.

The camera just gives a fuzzy purple display, then completely green and then back to purple in a loop. No picture comes through.

I flashed the lasest flash file. Please help me :(

My phone is the arc s 8mp.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Hi, I have SlimBean with Fusion and the camera is horrible, half the camera view is taken up with the button,

I flashed this thinking it would fix everything but I havent got half the results others are getting. I have 2 camera icons, it hasnt overwriten the old camera.

The camera just gives a fuzzy purple display, then completely green and then back to purple in a loop. No picture comes through.

I flashed the lasest flash file. Please help me :(

My phone is the arc s 8mp.

This zip is for the HTC One XL, I'm not even sure what the arc s 8mp is, but I know you probably shouldn't have flashed this camera mod on it. You should probably reflash SlimBean.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to chongo for finding the cam and making the zip.

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1227

This cam is really bad ass, it really makes me want to stick to aosp now.

That's a really long sentence.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that in this thread. It's in the bug report. There are definitely two different gyroscopes in this phone. It's not really a bad or even uncommon thing. Supply shortages sometimes require them to source parts from multiple places. It just means that when the evita CM device tree was built, it was built based off the other gyroscope and they likely didn't even know there was another. I haven't looked I to it to see of there is source available for the non-working gyro, but it may just need to be added to our code. Worst case, we should be good whenever HTC officially releases JB. I'd like to take a closer look if I can find some time to do so.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
    The thread for the 4.2 gapps stuff says that there may be two different gyroscopes in the One XL. Mine also doesn't work and when I use the Phone Tester app it doesn't find the gyroscope. HTC is REALLY starting to piss me off with this hit or miss sh*t. I love this phone for the most part but quality control issues suck big time and now this. Every customer should "generally" have the same experience. Not "it works for some but not others". Either you manufacture your device with the same working parts from the same company or don't put that part in at all. I didn't pay for this phone to have it made half assed.
    I can't get the link to respond from my phone. Can someone throw up a dropbox link or something? Thanks.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

http://db.tt/cwftfa97

out rooted jelly bean HOX