{x10}[NEWCOMER/NEWBIE/BEGINNER]-FULL PDF GUIDE FOR ROOTING/FLASHING/ULBL/RLBL

Survey: For Newbies, which of the steps was most Difficult for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Hello Newcomers and welcome to XDA, first of all. I created This thread for easing you all especially newbies and get used to XDA as fast as possible and also share my experience too along with it:D

In this thread, i will attach few zipped files containing PDF Tutorial which includes:

[BEGINNER]
*Necessary Knowledge needed to be learnt by Newbies - DONE
*Rooting Guide - DONE
*General Guide for Recovery & Flashing/Instalation of Custom ROM - DONE

[INTERMEDIATE]
*Unlocking Bootloader - DONE
*General Installation of Custom ULBL Kernels and ROMs - DONE

[XPERIENCED]
*Relocking Bootloader And Restore - DONE. Tested :D

HTML:
For experienced relocked users: THANK YOU

Why did i divide into three categories: Beginner, Intermediate, Experienced? Actually, i'm not doing this for fun like in Game Level. It's in order to keep your phone works safe and functioning normally in your daily life. If the person took his/her steps too early, doesn't know what he/she is doing or doesn't know what's going to happen next, mistakes could be easily made and he/she might face consequences of bricking the phone.

In order to tweak/play safe with your phone, the guide PDFs will inform you about necessary knowledge needed to be learnt in certain level step by step. I don't mind you learn quickly, but if you done anything wrong to phone, Sorry alright because i'm not gonna be responsible to your actions to your device. so In your own Risk :D

If you have doubts, feel free PM me or other ROM developers.

For Newbies, About the files, pls be patient alright :D If Can, please recommend other X10 newcomers/juniors who came here recently, for preventing them from bricking their phones]

Specially Thanks to:
DooMLoRD for providing awesome, trusted fixed flashtool
Azuzu for Rooting/Flashing Link And Flashtool
Zdzihu for his Xrecovery
Championswimmer for allowing me continue writing Relocking Guide using AOKP .if not, i couldn't continue post result here
X10Forever for allowing me continue writing Relocking Guide using MoKee OS .if not, i couldn't continue post result here
alzbac for allowing me to used DonutHD Locked Bootloaded ROM as reference to install Custom ROMs

Without their help, i can't write these :D Also thank you for all of you, for reading this too :) Very Much Appreciated.:D

Last edited:
Necessary Tools For Rooting/Flashing X10 [Trusted]

Necessary Computer Application Tools to be accompanied with PDF guides.

1)- FlashTool_0.2.9.1-GBready_root_xRec Flashtool Click Here and Extract into a folder for easing your job alright(thanks them too :D)
Source of thread video tutorial and tools:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196421
-[Optional](My Customised/Added Flashtool): Coming Soon. Will Be Uploaded In Mediafire or somewhere :D

2)-X10 USB Cable for Computer and Phone

3)-Sony PCC Companion (May be needed for updating to Version 2.3.3Official if you haven't updated to 2.3.3yet)

PDF GUIDE COMING SOON...;)Pls Be patient alright :D

Whitefang

Last edited:
Reactions: khoeok and mjonyh
[BEGINNER]

[BEGINNER - COMPLETED]

3 PDF Files available. Each Related To Previous File. I zipped it ;) So just get 7Zip Manager for extracting, and good for future unzipping different formats too. :)

Attachments Down Here :)
[Beginner 1 Of 3] - Necessary Knowledge needed to be learnt by Newbies
- View attachment 1131771
[Beginner 2 Of 3] - Rooting Guide (TRUSTED)
- View attachment 1131979
[Beginner 3 Of 3] - General Guide for Recovery & Flashing/Installation of Custom ROM
- View attachment 1136084

Feel free give comments/suggestions for further improvements:D Much Appreciated

whitefang

Last edited:
[intermediate]

[INTERMEDIATE - COMPLETED]

Intermediate Definition: Full-Fledged LB Custom ROMs User, have wide knowledge about rooting, flashing, unlocking bootloader, Custom Kernels and Custom ROMs

[Intermediate 1 Of 2] - Unlocking Bootloader Guide
- View attachment 1131845
[Intermediate 2 Of 2] - General Installation Guide of Custom ULBL Kernels and ROMs
- View attachment 1142417

Tools For Identifying SIMLOCK Certificate/Unlocking Bootloader X10:
- S1TOOL.7z (Identifying Tool For SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE: SEMC/SETOOL2/NONE)(extract its content in specific folder)
Source of thread link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1259617

- QSD8250.7z (Unlocking Bootloader Tool) (extract its content in specific folder)
Source of thread link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1253277

UPDATED: EXTRA HELP TIPS:
- If Ya wish to get Stock 3.0.1.G.0.75 Firmwares without re-Updating via PCC but via flashtool, visit this X10 Stock Firmware Collection thread by Senior THeLogiC (thanks him too ;)) Many Region's Versions are available :) Enjoy Flashing :D

Last edited:
[Xperienced]

[XPERIENCED - COMPLETED]

Xperienced Definition: Have Wide knowledge of Unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Custom UB Kernels, and Custom ROMs.
But another distinctive characteristics among users [Not Me alright, i'm just lucky ;)] that is able to Analyse Cause of Problem of rebooting and restoring locked bootloaders' ROM safe and sound. Execute Absolute Restoring methods for Relocking + Restoring Locked Bootloaders ROM. In other words, he/she may unlock /relock bootloader/restoring as he/she wants. :D

Lol Okay, okay..Here's it

There will be only 1 File for now..Excluded One. Those who have already unlocked their ROMs, pls read this carefully. Relocking bootloaders Steps may vary due to flashing which ROMs. Relocking is simple, but restoring original data won't be easy, may brick your phone. [Serious Mode]I survived twice :D

1)Relocking Bootloader And Restore - DONE. Successfully Tested On few ROMs. . Different ROMs might lead to different pathway for relocking :p

[Xperienced 1 of 1] - Relocking Bootloader And Restore
- View attachment 1206116
- [NEEDED] 3.0.1.G.0.75 KERNEL + BASEBAND
- [NEEDED] Senior champ's KCernel V3 thread and download link

EXTRA: COMMON Q&A has been added in Final Section. ENJOY EVERYONE :D Good Luck And Enjoy Flashing

Last edited:

IDreadman

Mar 15, 2012
Flashing Kernels

Hi. Thanks again for work, i have a question. If i flash any custom kernel how do i get back to stock kernel? I'm on Donut HD 2.2.7 no updates on stock kernel now.

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Hi. Thanks again for work, i have a question. If i flash any custom kernel how do i get back to stock kernel? I'm on Donut HD 2.2.7 no updates on stock kernel now.

If you search for 'x10 stock kernel' you should find a stock kernel with xrecovery. I found it a month ago, just don't remember where. :(

-Jaramie

from my X10S on DooMKernel 6 @ 1113mhz

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
This is so helpful I am definatley lloking forward to relocking bootloader guide:) as I'm waiting to unlock and a bit more stable ics but now we have camera:D anyways thabks whitefanf:)

sent from my x10 using xda premium

Reactions: whitefang3456
Long waited??!! It"s finally here :) the final piece - xperienced

Hello again everyone especially those who are looking forward for the last piece of PDF tutorial Guide - Relocking Bootloader And Restore :D It's finally done. Thank you for all your supports and motivation for helping us completing it.

Modified in Post #5 and changed title "Experienced" into "Xperienced"

Enjoy reading and make sure follow instruction and precaution properly alright ;) everyone

HAve a nice day. And Seeyou again. I hoped that you all can recommend this thread to all fresh X10 newbies in futures. Cheers and many thanks :D

Whitefang

mr_coOl89

Mar 20, 2012
HELPP!!

hey all,, im newbies here and this is my frst post.. im not sure wat is wrong but seemly i followed all the instruction given in (unlock bootloader).. but the qsd8250_semc suddenly close by it self without show any result after i press any key.. later that, i do a cnfirmation at s1tool and it seems like it is not successfull unlocked.. because its still R4A024.. pls guys.. help me.. i've facing this hole day.. feel tired already..:crying:

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
hey all,, im newbies here and this is my frst post.. im not sure wat is wrong but seemly i followed all the instruction given in (unlock bootloader).. but the qsd8250_semc suddenly close by it self without show any result after i press any key.. later that, i do a cnfirmation at s1tool and it seems like it is not successfull unlocked.. because its still R4A024.. pls guys.. help me.. i've facing this hole day.. feel tired already..:crying:

Try reinatalling your drivers:/

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

xARCHONx

Aug 13, 2012
Cape Town
Relocking Bootloader oopsee

Mr, Whitefang, I made a little.. mistake, if you could call it that.. I had a buggy rom and wanted to reflash it, and without properly checking what rom i selected, I accidently selected the "X10_V1_BLRelock.ftf" in the menu, connected my phone, then realized I had just relocked the Bootloader..

The phone still starts up normally with custom Kernel and all, but I cant re-unlock it..

What on earth do I do?

EDIT:
Soo, I flashed it with the Kernel + baseband ftf file. and it started up normally.. I believe I might be able to unlock the BL again.. Im lucky I survived it...

Great guide.. Helped me unlock the BL in the first place...

Last edited:

Rubenos

Aug 10, 2010
Great guides, something I was looking for for a while now.

First problem (I'm a newbie), I was at Beginner 2 of 3 and at step 7, but the boot logo is stuck. But I did exactly what you told me to do. And I had the exact specs you defined. What should I do? I can't find a stock rom ftf because they're all down :(

Edit: Fixed it :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Newcomers and welcome to XDA, first of all. I created This thread for easing you all especially newbies and get used to XDA as fast as possible and also share my experience too along with it:D

In this thread, i will attach few zipped files containing PDF Tutorial which includes:

[BEGINNER]
    *Necessary Knowledge needed to be learnt by Newbies - DONE
    *Rooting Guide - DONE
    *General Guide for Recovery & Flashing/Instalation of Custom ROM - DONE

[INTERMEDIATE]
    *Unlocking Bootloader - DONE
    *General Installation of Custom ULBL Kernels and ROMs - DONE

[XPERIENCED]
    *Relocking Bootloader And Restore - DONE. Tested :D

HTML:
    For experienced relocked users: THANK YOU

Why did i divide into three categories: Beginner, Intermediate, Experienced? Actually, i'm not doing this for fun like in Game Level. It's in order to keep your phone works safe and functioning normally in your daily life. If the person took his/her steps too early, doesn't know what he/she is doing or doesn't know what's going to happen next, mistakes could be easily made and he/she might face consequences of bricking the phone.

In order to tweak/play safe with your phone, the guide PDFs will inform you about necessary knowledge needed to be learnt in certain level step by step. I don't mind you learn quickly, but if you done anything wrong to phone, Sorry alright because i'm not gonna be responsible to your actions to your device. so In your own Risk :D

If you have doubts, feel free PM me or other ROM developers.

For Newbies, About the files, pls be patient alright :D If Can, please recommend other X10 newcomers/juniors who came here recently, for preventing them from bricking their phones]

Specially Thanks to:
    DooMLoRD for providing awesome, trusted fixed flashtool
    Azuzu for Rooting/Flashing Link And Flashtool
    Zdzihu for his Xrecovery
    Championswimmer for allowing me continue writing Relocking Guide using AOKP .if not, i couldn't continue post result here
    X10Forever for allowing me continue writing Relocking Guide using MoKee OS .if not, i couldn't continue post result here
    alzbac for allowing me to used DonutHD Locked Bootloaded ROM as reference to install Custom ROMs

Without their help, i can't write these :D Also thank you for all of you, for reading this too :) Very Much Appreciated.:D
    [BEGINNER]

[BEGINNER - COMPLETED]

3 PDF Files available. Each Related To Previous File. I zipped it ;) So just get 7Zip Manager for extracting, and good for future unzipping different formats too. :)

[Beginner 1 Of 3] - Necessary Knowledge needed to be learnt by Newbies
    - View attachment 1131771
    [Beginner 2 Of 3] - Rooting Guide (TRUSTED)
    - View attachment 1131979
    [Beginner 3 Of 3] - General Guide for Recovery & Flashing/Installation of Custom ROM
    - View attachment 1136084

Feel free give comments/suggestions for further improvements:D Much Appreciated

whitefang
    [Xperienced]

[XPERIENCED - COMPLETED]

Xperienced Definition: Have Wide knowledge of Unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Custom UB Kernels, and Custom ROMs.
    But another distinctive characteristics among users [Not Me alright, i'm just lucky ;)] that is able to Analyse Cause of Problem of rebooting and restoring locked bootloaders' ROM safe and sound. Execute Absolute Restoring methods for Relocking + Restoring Locked Bootloaders ROM. In other words, he/she may unlock /relock bootloader/restoring as he/she wants. :D

Lol Okay, okay..Here's it

There will be only 1 File for now..Excluded One. Those who have already unlocked their ROMs, pls read this carefully. Relocking bootloaders Steps may vary due to flashing which ROMs. Relocking is simple, but restoring original data won't be easy, may brick your phone. [Serious Mode]I survived twice :D

1)Relocking Bootloader And Restore - DONE. Successfully Tested On few ROMs. . Different ROMs might lead to different pathway for relocking :p

[Xperienced 1 of 1] - Relocking Bootloader And Restore
    - View attachment 1206116
    - [NEEDED] 3.0.1.G.0.75 KERNEL + BASEBAND
    - [NEEDED] Senior champ's KCernel V3 thread and download link

EXTRA: COMMON Q&A has been added in Final Section. ENJOY EVERYONE :D Good Luck And Enjoy Flashing
    [intermediate]

[INTERMEDIATE - COMPLETED]

Intermediate Definition: Full-Fledged LB Custom ROMs User, have wide knowledge about rooting, flashing, unlocking bootloader, Custom Kernels and Custom ROMs

[Intermediate 1 Of 2] - Unlocking Bootloader Guide
    - View attachment 1131845
    [Intermediate 2 Of 2] - General Installation Guide of Custom ULBL Kernels and ROMs
    - View attachment 1142417

Tools For Identifying SIMLOCK Certificate/Unlocking Bootloader X10:
    - S1TOOL.7z (Identifying Tool For SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE: SEMC/SETOOL2/NONE)(extract its content in specific folder)
    Source of thread link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1259617

- QSD8250.7z (Unlocking Bootloader Tool) (extract its content in specific folder)
    Source of thread link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1253277

UPDATED: EXTRA HELP TIPS:
    - If Ya wish to get Stock 3.0.1.G.0.75 Firmwares without re-Updating via PCC but via flashtool, visit this X10 Stock Firmware Collection thread by Senior THeLogiC (thanks him too ;)) Many Region's Versions are available :) Enjoy Flashing :D
    Necessary Tools For Rooting/Flashing X10 [Trusted]

Necessary Computer Application Tools to be accompanied with PDF guides.

1)- FlashTool_0.2.9.1-GBready_root_xRec Flashtool Click Here and Extract into a folder for easing your job alright(thanks them too :D)
    Source of thread video tutorial and tools:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196421
    -[Optional](My Customised/Added Flashtool): Coming Soon. Will Be Uploaded In Mediafire or somewhere :D

2)-X10 USB Cable for Computer and Phone

3)-Sony PCC Companion (May be needed for updating to Version 2.3.3Official if you haven't updated to 2.3.3yet)

PDF GUIDE COMING SOON...;)Pls Be patient alright :D

Whitefang