Firmware ATRIX HD MB886 AT&T ICS 4.0.4 "New Update 09/13"

Search This thread

t1nk_2

Nov 2, 2012
Sometown
Tried using the system.img.ext4 from this .zip to get stock apps back after going crazy with TB. System flash failed and now have a borked ICS.:eek:

Can manage to get recovery despite having flashed it (and other partitions) several times via fastboot on Linux. Also seem to still have SafeStrap, but no other ROMs to boot to (isn't everything dependent on stock system anyway?). Getting to the menu with "BP tools" and booting that option is also good for charging.

The strangest thing is that with SS file browser, /system is still intact with all the files I had before.

Manually flashing .img files were all "successful" except for system.img.ext4 and NON-HLOS.bin

Can someone help make sense of systemflash.txt attachment?
Phone display outputs:
Code:
Mismatched PIV partition name for system
Invalid PIV image: system
From phone screen:
Code:
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.97(*) (sha-92b847a, 2012-08-10 17:06:28)
Good thing I kept my old MotoBravo w/CM10!

Attachments

• systemflash.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 198

t1nk_2

Nov 2, 2012
Sometown
I fixed it...mostly:).

Had a SS backup of /system that "restored" yet failed, as it erased SS.

So went back to flash mode and manually flashed img/bin/mbn files in Linux. RSDlite 5.6/5.7 from Windows were of no help, and choked on the xml file. System, modem, and cdrom flashes all failed to write. I suspect it's the hashes that fail, but I'm not sure where the original values come from. From the xml file, getvar works on the command-line, but doesn't seem to serve any purpose towards the other commands. Not sure what oem fb_mode_set is for, but it worked.

Since system failed to write, I'm left with a mostly working ICS minus the system apps I uninstalled and root permissions removed. Better than a brick though....

For those who don't know the button combos: 1.) Power+down for flashing, 2.) power+up for stock bootmenu, and 3.) if stuck at flash mode: hit power, then hold up+down to get the extra boot menu with Stock and BP Tools options for charging/SS access

Last edited:

Aingaran

Mar 8, 2013
Frankfurt
aingaran.dev
i have downloaded this firmware, i tried to flash it to my AHD using RSD lite... but it failed saying that downgrade security error. is there any way to override this? i badly wanted to check that "quick view" option in ics which i missed after OTA update. is it possible to get that quick view atleast?
thanks in advance

devilsking

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
i have downloaded this firmware, i tried to flash it to my AHD using RSD lite... but it failed saying that downgrade security error. is there any way to override this? i badly wanted to check that "quick view" option in ics which i missed after OTA update. is it possible to get that quick view atleast?
thanks in advance

TRy Myth Tools. Hope it helps.

aagcnet

Feb 28, 2010
I have the USA version of the AT&T MB 886, the one totaly blocked by entitlement stuff, i was in ver 4.1.1 and downgraded with the files here because i read in other threads that MR1 was fine even if it was a mexican version of the MB886, it does work i know but my Signal bars sometimes go to 1 then go back to full, the wireless strengh seem weaker now as it cant get signal from far, its this supposed to happen or some how i screwed my phone out? i used MYTH tools 1.2

palix18

Nov 5, 2013
thanks in advance

Try unlock bootloader

Enviado desde mi Atrix HD mediante Tapatalk

Jce9182

Feb 2, 2012
Philly pa
I just got a replacement AHD today(refurb), and its running 4.0.4. What do u guys think, upgrade to JB or leave it alone. When i bought my AHD new it was loaded with JB, so i never ran ICS on this phone.

Top Liked Posts