changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

Search This thread
This is a lovely.. Much easier and better then the other said ones. I just have one issue for which I did try looking around but all in vain. Whenever there in an incoming call, I donot see the full incoming call screen thus I dont see the caller number. I have attached an image for reference. Will wait for some help !! :)

Thanks !!

Btw: I have also added cprog to expection list !!

Attachments

• DSC03548.jpg
    DSC03548.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I noticed that when I do face-down event, changeScreen does turn off the screen as expected but my ActiveSync loses connection to the device.

Basically, you're doing the same thing as the power button does. I was hoping that it would turn off the screen and lock the buttons. PocketShield, Gyrator and gSen seem to use that API call(s) rather than the same one as the power button.

Let me know if any of this is unclear.

Thanks!
JZ

Nah, perfectly clear. I'll fix it up in the next release.

omahajs

Apr 8, 2006
Screen does not turn off....

Yeah, this is on the advanced tab. Does it not work for you?

... I should update the screenshots... I'll get to it soon!

The option to turn off screen when face down and in pocket do not work on my touch pro. I'm using the latest version. Probably a conflict with some other app but I have no idea what it would be.

The rotation feature works perfectly!

JZ SmartMort

Mar 24, 2008
Burbank
The option to turn off screen when face down and in pocket do not work on my touch pro. I'm using the latest version. Probably a conflict with some other app but I have no idea what it would be.

That's strange, worked well on my branded Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) like a charm. Maybe your sensor needs re-calibration...

Either use the Start>Settings>G-Sensor or download some leveler applications for your sensor like Bubble Level, Water Level or SpiritLevel and you could see whether the sensor is way off.

uccoffee

Account currently disabled
Dec 20, 2004
the phone app on incoming call works perfectly this way. face down mute still works. If I am in landscape in outlook and a call comes in the incoming call screen will pop up in portrait. if I face down the phone the phone mutes. (gyrator would not do this and has issues with the incoming call screen on my NA diamond)

to make the incoming call pop up properly in landscape , there's only 1 rotating sw can do it , which it FLIP_IT, because it somehow emulate TOUCHPRO's keyboard out

600GOL, are there any way to make your tilt app work like FLIP_IT which makes manila & incoming call work in landscape mode?

cel15

Dec 8, 2008
Ribeirão Preto
I noticed that when I do face-down event, changeScreen does turn off the screen as expected but my ActiveSync loses connection to the device.

Basically, you're doing the same thing as the power button does. I was hoping that it would turn off the screen and lock the buttons. PocketShield, Gyrator and gSen seem to use that API call(s) rather than the same one as the power button.

Let me know if any of this is unclear.

Thanks!
JZ

When "screen off in pocket" is active, it also stops streaming...found out when i was listening to web radios at the bus, had to desactivate the feature...I believe the "root" of the problem is the same. Just informing, already saw it will be fixed! :eek:

MrRalphMan

Jan 6, 2009
Wickford
I have an Intermittent issue when using v2.5.

Sometimes it will refuse to rotate anything, but just opening up ChangeScreen kicks it back into life.
Note sure if it's the cause, but it normally happen when I leave work and have just sent a text, hit the power button to send it to sleep and then turned it on to use Tomtom.

This is on a Touch HD.

cgisen

Jun 28, 2008
Hello
i'm a fan of this tool
but why rotated the screen when the display is of?

cu
Carsten

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc

That's strange, worked well on my branded Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) like a charm. Maybe your sensor needs re-calibration...

Either use the Start>Settings>G-Sensor or download some leveler applications for your sensor like Bubble Level, Water Level or SpiritLevel and you could see whether the sensor is way off.

Did you have any luck w/ the above. Other people have reported this as well but I havent been able to pinpoint the cause yet...

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
I have an Intermittent issue when using v2.5.

Sometimes it will refuse to rotate anything, but just opening up ChangeScreen kicks it back into life.
Note sure if it's the cause, but it normally happen when I leave work and have just sent a text, hit the power button to send it to sleep and then turned it on to use Tomtom.

This is on a Touch HD.

Yeah, in the next release changeScreen will "restart" itself every so often to try to avoid these issues...

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
to make the incoming call pop up properly in landscape , there's only 1 rotating sw can do it , which it FLIP_IT, because it somehow emulate TOUCHPRO's keyboard out

600GOL, are there any way to make your tilt app work like FLIP_IT which makes manila & incoming call work in landscape mode?

I'll checkout Flip-IT and see if I could figure out what they do to rotate manila correctly.

When "screen off in pocket" is active, it also stops streaming...found out when i was listening to web radios at the bus, had to desactivate the feature...I believe the "root" of the problem is the same. Just informing, already saw it will be fixed! :eek:

This will be fixed in the next release.

omahajs

Apr 8, 2006
No luck at all. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, I don't know if this helps you, but I found a way to run my gps program with changescreen active.

If I enable changescreen, then start my gps program it just stalls on startup (device still works, but the splash screen doesn't come up). If I then immediately simply open changescreen configure app (I don't touch a thing there) my gps program then starts up with the config still open in the background.

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Edit: Ok, I don't know if this helps you, but I found a way to run my gps program with changescreen active.

If I enable changescreen, then start my gps program it just stalls on startup (device still works, but the splash screen doesn't come up). If I then immediately simply open changescreen configure app (I don't touch a thing there) my gps program then starts up with the config still open in the background.

I'm trying to do things differently in the next release so we'll see how it goes...

ruffneck_freestyler

Jan 6, 2009
Hi all!

Great app. Works like a charm! There is just one exception where manila (even if it's checked as exception) turns to landscape mode. When I'm on the phone (cporg),the screen goes off after 30 sec. When the screen goes off manila keeps turning when I slightly tilt my phone. This is really annoying especially because I have vibration on when turning. Has anybody experienced the same problem?
I'm using a Blackstone with the latest official firmware.