[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Reefermattness

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY. READ THE FAQ FIRST FOR QUESTIONS!
F.A.Q.

This in NOT an emulator, nor is it a full ROM! Haret.exe closes down Windows, and boots Linux off of your Storage Card to launch Android. To boot back to WinMo all you need to do is reset your handset!

This thread is more specifically for the Rhodium, as this is the handset that I own, and can troubleshoot and test. So if you have specific questions about a different handset, please find your corresponding thread in post #2, however, this build will support the following devices: Diamond, Raphael, Kovsky, Topaz, Rhodium, & Blackstone by using the corresponding startup.txt found in any of the .rar files.

This package does work for both GSM and CDMA, however, the CDMA troubleshooting thread is at the following link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115443

NOT WORKING IN THIS BUILD:

• BT
  • Camera
  • Headphones
  • Speakerphone (no mic)
  • Battery Meter (about 75% fixed now)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Log:​

• NEW January 23 NEW FRX04 Android 2.2.1 build added to downloads page!
  • 11/22 FRX03 build added to downloads page! Go HERE for the full change log!!
  • 11/01 FRX02 build added to downloads page! Check out the updates for a more detailed change log!
  • 10/04 Kernel updates! In call mic fix and battery updates!! The new meter should be MUCH closer to actual battery now!! Either use update on the Start Application or head over to the project tracking web page!
  • 9/28 Sovereignty's Startup Utility V1.1 goes live! Fixed BLAZN Gmail app, re-added 3d Gallery. Fixed Reference not having Google Talk.
  • 9/26[/B][/COLOR] NEW KERNEL FIXES NOW WITH WORKING HARDWARE 3D!!!
  • 9/16 System build, FRX01 Final. The product of testing through RC1 and RC2. Lots of fixes, too many to list. Come here for full updates.
  • 8/30 Package with a few updates. This one fixes the garbage noise of the speaker being "on" even when no sounds are being played. Also updated the rootfs file for a few fixes. (Add new gralloc for WVGA devices).
  • 8/26 THE BIG ONE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...... SOUND IS WORKING!!! (New Zimage/Modules kernel fixes for sound!)
  • 8/18 Froyo system images added! New rootfs updates = MUCH MORE SPEED!! Lots of BLAZN theme fixes added, Full change log is HERE: http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/updates

CHANGELOG HISTORY CAN BE FOUND HERE!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:​
Read this before you start!

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU TO COME HERE AND TELL US WHICH OF YOUR FEATURES IS THE MOST WANTED. WE ALL WANT THIS OS COMPLETELY WORKING. PLEASE, BE PATIENT LIKE THE REST OF US.

If you think you need to post a question in this thread: READ THROUGH POST#2, AND USE THE SEARCH TOOL FIRST!!!! Most questions have already been answered in this thread. I don't mind answering GOOD questions, but I really hate people asking the same questions over and over, ESPECIALLY when the answer is only a few pages before your post. DONT BE LAZY, THIS FORUM IS FOR DEVELOPMENT, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.​
Download Section: Project Android Rebuild

Appreciate my work?
ScreenShots

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 39,016
  • ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 34,886
  • Auto-Update.jpg
    Auto-Update.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 29,988
  • ScreenShot5.jpg
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 37,515
  • ScreenShot6.jpg
    ScreenShot6.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 38,857
Last edited:

Reefermattness

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Other Devices:

This package will work on other MSM devices however, you may have some stability and functionality issues. If you are having issues with another device, other than the RHODIUM, check the dedicated forum. Most users on this specific thread only own a Rhodium, so we cannot test/troubleshoot other handsets!!

Dedicated thread For GSM Diamond/Raphael users using xdandroid
Dedicated thread For CDMA Diamond users using xdandroid
Dedicated thread For Raphael800 users using xdandroid
Dedicated thread For Blackstone users using xdandroid
Dedicated thread For Topaz users using xdandroid

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tips, Tricks, & Fixes

Read the newly updated FAQ Here:

http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/faq

Project Tracking

Stay up to date with all of the freshest releases here:

http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/project-tracking

Thanks!

First off, there is an insanely huge list of guys who are responsible for making this possible. Compared to what they do I am just a monkey punching a keyboard. THANKS DEVS

Thanks to phhusson, dzo, zenulator, Chamonix, Stinebd, Makkonen, MrPippy, cr2, Markinus, WisTilt2, Babijoee and anyone else forgotten!

Thanks to scepterr for the free speedy file hosting!!! Need hosting for an XDA project? Ask him!

Donations to XDAndroid team: http://xdandroid.com/w/donate.php
XDAndroid Twitter: http://twitter.com/xdandroid
XDAndroid Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/XDAndroid/394317262428

Thanks to those who have already helped, and to those who will. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

kojotandoh

Mar 26, 2006
This is much better. AT least noobs like me can clearly follow this thread. Android on my Tilt 2 tonite. Thanx pioneers!!!!!!

AdamWill

Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.happyassassin.net
Just a quick note that the 'rhod210' keymap (which is default in this build) should be pretty OK for almost all Rhodiums, unless you have an AZERTY layout or an odd European one with lots of accented letters mapped to Fn key combos. You can use Fn+Y to get the 'pipe' symbol | (may seem useless to many of you, but for those of us who poke around at consoles a lot it's invaluable :>). You can use Fn+W to get the UK pound currency symbol and Fn+E to get the Euro currency symbol - these keys are labelled on some Rhodiums so I figured I'd just implement it for all Rhodiums, as it may come in handy sometime.

if you have an odd keyboard layout but just want to use this build, the keys should behave like the layout pictured here:

http://mynokiablog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/keyboard-2.jpg

so just press the keys as if they looked like that.

Kenichi

Jan 17, 2010
One day one day.... we shall have wifi :) I hope. Thank you for all your hardwork.

AdamWill

Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.happyassassin.net
I'm trying to do something about wifi ATM with the kernel guys, but it's not simple. The problem is the Rhodium uses a completely different chip than most other phones, for wifi / Bluetooth (it uses a Broadcom BCM4325). No-one's got anything at all out of that chip yet.

D

Deleted member 1154637

Good show.. Thanks for making XDANDROID accessible to everyone.

BTW, Wifi not working at this time creates a good "shutdown/reboot" opportunity for now. The Shutdown option in Android does not seem to be working yet and so was interested in a way to shutdown/reset the phone without a "soft reset" poke after removing the back cover.

Found this by accident:
>>
Settings->Wireless & Network Settings->Wifi (Click to Enable Wifi) and boom in a few seconds, the phone is off like a light.. Hit the power button on top and we have a full reboot..
>>

Edit: The Wifi crash is fixed in the 02/03/10 build mentioned at the top of this thread. So need to open the back cover to reboot.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

intothevoid

Apr 26, 2006
NY
coolstuff.itvw.net
Man this is really nice. I can't wait to get a Nexus One but this will do for the TP2 for now. Almost there for everything to work. Can't wait for the release with sleep mode fixed and BT working.

Xandegar

May 14, 2007
Burpengary
Bootup problems

Not sure what/why, but my touch screen doesn't seem to be working as I can't get past the boot screen (touch the android) as the screen location doesn't seem to match up. Any ideas??

[EDIT] My bad, misseed the touch screen calibration... :p

Last edited:

sd73ta

Oct 17, 2007
Connecticut
I'm trying to do something about wifi ATM with the kernel guys, but it's not simple. The problem is the Rhodium uses a completely different chip than most other phones, for wifi / Bluetooth (it uses a Broadcom BCM4325). No-one's got anything at all out of that chip yet.

Isnt that the same chip as the nexus and the iphone?

AdamWill

Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.happyassassin.net
sd73ta: yup, indeed. In fact we might need a NAND dump from the n1 to fix it. The kernel guys took the driver from the n1 source, but we can't make it work yet.

edit: not quite the same, in fact - well, same as some iPhones, but the n1 has the BCM4329. The 4325 and 4329 use the same driver, though.

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
sd73ta: yup, indeed. In fact we might need a NAND dump from the n1 to fix it. The kernel guys took the driver from the n1 source, but we can't make it work yet.

edit: not quite the same, in fact - well, same as some iPhones, but the n1 has the BCM4329. The 4325 and 4329 use the same driver, though.

have you checked out the dream/nexus one subforums here for a dump or a NAND? i know there are always new dumps and NANDS in the dream forum, if there isnt one, i suggest you get ahold of cyanogen here on XDA. he is the android genius on the dream/mytouch. he might be able to lend a helping hand actually.

majster-pl

Feb 4, 2010
When i try to download rar i get message:

Oops! (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.

Any ideas ?

patzkata

Sep 16, 2009
Sofia
Nice work!

for the Thread, and for the packages which u create ;)
Hope that this thread will become the MAIN for Porting Android in TP2

Regards!

woeds

Aug 13, 2008
Leiden
Does anyone know how development on power management is coming along? The most recent builds seem fine for everyday use as far as functionality goes, but battery drain is immense.

It seems like acceptable battery life is the only thing that's keeping this project from offering basic everyday functionality :) (WiFi, camera and GPS would be nice in the future)

mikkelnl

Dec 19, 2006
It seems like acceptable battery life is the only thing that's keeping this project from offering basic everyday functionality :) (WiFi, camera and GPS would be nice in the future)

Powermanagement + SOUND... I only miss these two, don't care much for Wifi personally ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, we've got a new release for you tonight.

No it's not Gingerbread :(

XDAndroid 2.2.1 Build FRX04 is out now.

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!
    Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
    • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
    • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
    • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
    • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D
    Another release!

This time it's the Froyo branch. We've got build FRX05 available for download now. This is a minor release with a major new feature. :)

The short list of changes from FRX04 to FRX05...

• Camera support - both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.
    There's no OTA update.zip this time. I accidentally got rid of the FRX04 target files, needed to generate the incremental patches.

Thanks for using XDAndroid!
    [12/11] Updated version of FRX03 Package

XDAndroid2.2.1.FRX03.Froyo.121110.zip

Contains:
    • Version 2.2.1 FRX03 system.ext2 (taken from xdandroid.com)
    • Latest RootFS (rootfs-20101115-42b44e2)
    • Updated Kernel to Dec-11 (htc-msm-linux-20101211)

Hi guys. I hope this isn't stepping on any toes with the XDAndroid maintainers but I have put together a rebuild of the FRX03 archive package because it was becoming painful to watch how many people were just installing the old cab version of FRX03 (Froyo 2.2) from Project Android page. :eek:

Even though the setup utility will automatically update the kernel and rootfs, it still doesn't fix the broken system.ext2 that is in that cab (you have to go and get that manually from xdandroid.com). Furthermore I have updated the kernel to the Dec-11 release that (AFAIK) will not be available to the utility until the glemsome autobuild is working again.

I realise that we have just had an unofficial Dec-16 kernel pop up in the 3d driver thread (and I am testing that right now) but since it is only a few hours old I didn't want to put that straight into this package.

Hopefully this will help a few folks getting started with FRX03 :)

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that something I did not change (even though I probably should have) is the default 700MHz overclock that this package already had in its startup.txt (don't blame me, I didn't put it there). If you use the startup utility, make sure you go into "Advanced" settings and consider disabling OC until you have tested without it ;)
    FRX04 packages now. :)

Was going to do it yesterday but my birthday party started very early. LOL

Also manually updated the kernel update tool, you guys should all be seeing a new update for today. :D

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/XDAndroid2.2Froyo.012211.rar

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.012311.cab