Received full rom ota update to 2.3.4 . GRI54, KB3 can use this to upgrade to 2.3.4

Search This thread

Bandis710

Mar 26, 2008
This morning I received a message that that was an update to my phone.. To my surprise it wasn't the update of 12 MB but a full rom update of 94+ MB .. Even stranger, after I said that it was okay to update I got somekind of error status 7 error and something about my build.prop ...

Maybe it was because I had edited my stock rom's build.prop to gri40 instead of gri54 to see some apps in the market ..But even after I changed it back to gri54 I still could not use the update .. I am on stock gri54 kb3 radio ..rooted offcourse..

The name off the update file is :

da8206299fe6.signed-soju-ota-121341.da820629.zip it is 94.7 mb .. I uploaded it to multiupload, so somebody can make sense of what it is ?

link: http://www.multiupload.com/KEQIP9SXMF

Edit:
Since most people reported succes, I changed the topic tittle . After I had installed a cleen 2.3.3 stock rom, the update also worked for me .. Seems I got lucky when I received a full rom ota ..

Last edited:

guussss

Dec 10, 2008
It worked for me! I was on stock GRI54 i9023 + KB3 and stock recovery, not rooted

I just applied manually your zip file and I'm now on GRJ22, I9023XXKD1

Thx for posting the file!

eGozelle

Feb 21, 2011
Cologne
hmm.. worked for me too.. GRI54 I9023 KB3.. now on GRJ22 and KD1..

ty for posting!

edit: worked with clockworkmod recovery!

Last edited:

samcolas

Sep 15, 2009
Paris
Worked for me too.
Was i0923 GRI54 kb3, with stock recovery
Does an update without data loss :)

Thanks !

Last edited:

desmidus

Apr 24, 2011
Worked for me too, thanks. No data loss and if you flash SU after flashing the update, keeps root without any issues (so far).

lcheek

May 3, 2011
Edmonton
www.beatmatched.org
This worked for me.

I've got the I9020t (WIND version). Build number and baseband were GRI54 and I9020XXKB3, now are GRJ22 and I9020XXKD1.

No issues to report right now, but I've only just finished updating and any latent issues might not be apparent yet.

Bandis710

Mar 26, 2008
If I remember correctly the bootloader version was I9023XXKA1 ? after the flash I have indeed I9020XXKA3 .. But I do not see the poblem ? Everything is working okay ? I still have the bootloader from stock 2.3.3 on my harddisk, so if anybody wants it I can post it here but maybe the I9023 bootloader will give more problems ?

knudsen81

Sep 22, 2006
Aabenraa
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If I remember correctly the bootloader version was I9023XXKA1 ? after the flash I have indeed I9020XXKA3 .. But I do not see the poblem ? Everything is working okay ? I still have the bootloader from stock 2.3.3 on my harddisk, so if anybody wants it I can post it here but maybe the I9023 bootloader will give more problems ?
i hope you will upload it but how to flash it????

Bandis710

Mar 26, 2008
I am not sure I should post it .. I think the bootloader for 9020 and 9023 are the same as is the radio ... If you go to bootloader menu you see baseband is 9020 xxkd1 , if you boot up phone and go to settings you will see it says : baseband is 9023 xxkd1 ..De bootloader I have is a bootloader.img file so you should be able to flash it with fastboot .. But !! since it is an older bootloader it may not work on your current rom .. I do not want to be hold responsible for semi bricked devices ..

knudsen81

Sep 22, 2006
Aabenraa
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am not sure I should post it .. I think the bootloader for 9020 and 9023 are the same as is the radio ... If you go to bootloader menu you see baseband is 9020 xxkd1 , if you boot up phone and go to settings you will see it says : baseband is 9023 xxkd1 ..De bootloader I have is a bootloader.img file so you should be able to flash it with fastboot .. But !! since it is an older bootloader it may not work on your current rom .. I do not want to be hold responsible for semi bricked devices ..
the rom i have now on my nexus is 2.3.3, i have flashed it with odin

edit. i have unzip the bootloader.tar file and got the bootloader.img from I9023_EUR_GRI54_XXKB3 firmware and in cmd i have done that here >

C:\Program Files (x86)\Andro
sending 'bootloader' (1536 K
OKAY [ 0.308s]
writing 'bootloader'...
OKAY [ 0.334s]
finished. total time: 0.643s

but it still says i9020

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This morning I received a message that that was an update to my phone.. To my surprise it wasn't the update of 12 MB but a full rom update of 94+ MB .. Even stranger, after I said that it was okay to update I got somekind of error status 7 error and something about my build.prop ...

Maybe it was because I had edited my stock rom's build.prop to gri40 instead of gri54 to see some apps in the market ..But even after I changed it back to gri54 I still could not use the update .. I am on stock gri54 kb3 radio ..rooted offcourse..

The name off the update file is :

da8206299fe6.signed-soju-ota-121341.da820629.zip it is 94.7 mb .. I uploaded it to multiupload, so somebody can make sense of what it is ?

link: http://www.multiupload.com/KEQIP9SXMF

Edit:
    Since most people reported succes, I changed the topic tittle . After I had installed a cleen 2.3.3 stock rom, the update also worked for me .. Seems I got lucky when I received a full rom ota ..
    just tried it and you are right no custom recovery after reboot .. However this is the same behavior the I9020 had .. So i guess the same procedure will work .. Flash the custom recovery using fastboot , when it is done flashing, choose recovery you will see you will boot into the custom recovery ..Now you can install the su package .. then reboot and follow instructions for 9020:

t's normal to lose the recovery after the reboot, the steps to flash the CW recovery needs to be repeated every time you want to access the CW recovery.
    This is due the build in protection in 2.3
    As some one pointed it out on another topic, the good thing about this is that you'll never lose the stock recovery of 2.3, thus minimizing the chance of a bricked phone.

If you want to the CW recovery to remain permanently, you'll need to rename /etc/install-recovery.sh to something thing else

After you have done that , see if you still have custom recovery if it is not there just flash custom recovery again and you will see it will stay this time ..

Haven;t tested it yet but i am almost sure it will work