AVG says I have MALWARE !!...Damn Please Help!

Search This thread

jordon702

Sep 10, 2010
I just ran a scan with AVG and it says my superuser file is malware. Can some of you guys please tell me the most thorough way to wipe EVERYTHING. Also, should I wipe my drop box I dont know if it could have gotten in there too. This sucks!

Any additional help is appreciated.Thanks

ssojyeti2

Jan 27, 2011
Miami
Don't use AVG. When I used to have it, it would always tell me that there was something wrong with all OS my root apps. Just uninstall AVG. You should be fine.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

cavemaneca

Jul 8, 2010
also, another option. just check the permission before you download ANYTHING, even if you know it should be good.

For example, don't download tazer/flashlight/games that ask to be able to send text messages, or "services that could cost you money".

mstrk242

Apr 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
AVG, and most antivirus scanners, use heuristics engines for their searches. They look at file behavior. Anything that gets root access on an android device they will consider malware. It's not, just a false positive.

On a side note, as others have said, get rid of avg. TERRIBLE antivirus scanner, especially on windows. (They've gone steadily downhill since version 8.) Hogs memory, cpu time, and to be honest it doesn't seem to stop very much. The android version is different from the windows version, granted, but as a whole it's still as crappy.

bhowanidin

Apr 21, 2011
Wesley Chapel
Who the hell needs a virus app? You should know what your downloading. All your getting is a false sense of security.

Reading this post title made me lmfao!

Sent from my Juggernaut SGSII or Galaxy Tab 10.1 now "In Paris"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts