[ROM]-[Updated 3/28] Chogardjr3D Blue V2.2 Deodex w/ option to Odex

Search This thread

chogardjr

Sep 29, 2010
This will be my new home for anything Chogardjr Rom related to the Evo3D.

Now for the fun stuff...​

Some items in the images have changed in v2.2 such as the market and the shortcuts for lockscreen (I think that is all)
Chogardjr3D_v2.0.jpg

V2.2-
You will need to do a full wipe for this one.
This includes everything from V2.0-2.1
-included Beats
-included Slide to Clear Notifications (Thanks Gruesome for making me look at it again)
-included the Amaze Cam
-THIS VERSION COMES FULLY DEODEXED WITH THE ON PHONE OPTION TO ODEX (Huge thanks to TommyT for giving something I was planning to make myself :D)
-Themes for other roms might work with this as I am not sure. Make a nandroid and find out.
-Once you have this rom the way you want follow the instructions in post #2 to odex the system - pending investigation
-Blue Beats with Chogardjr Original Rosie MOD found in post #3

V2.1-
-LeeDroid Tweaks included
-A little speed boost to bring it up to speed with some of the others
-Might be able to flash over v2.0 although I only fresh flash and recommend it
-Hotspot working

-V2.0
Based off the 2.17.651.5 RUU
-7in1 reboot menu
-Unlocked hotspot
-GPS icon removed
-ADB icon removed
-Track skip with volume while screen is off
-Signature check disabled
-5x5 trans app drawer
-Trans inverted statusbar dropdown
-Removed carrier label, quicksettings header and recent apps from dropdown
-Extra quicksettings with volume type toggle
-Inverted gtalk with video - (thanks fernando)
-Bubble and text removed from lockscreen shortcuts - (again fernando)
-Inverted phone dialer
-Inverted connect to PC menu
-Inverted trans Mms - (fernando is the man)
-Batterybar mod with pvyparts market app - (thanks pvyparts)
-Updated Gapps
-Updated VVM
-Mirror app unblocked
-Adaway included
-Clocksync included
-Titanium included
-Browser extended settings unlocked
-Camera HDR, panorama, shutter sound toggle, scenes selector in menu, 2MP front cam unlocked, video 3gp or mp4, and stereo audio recording unlocked(may not be true stereo, have no idea)
-Availiable depaginated app drawer flashable zip
-Very dark and blue all over (see screenshots)
-CRT is not working and may have to be creatively rewritten to work in this new ruu

Ok my head officially hurts now. I never started a thread because writing these things always gives me a headache.

Have fun and let me know if there is an issue with anything that I provide. I don't typically take requests but your free to post them and maybe me or someone else will be kind enough to give it a shot. But please don't ask for ETA's if you did ask for something.

Where is my signature you say? I got rid of that a long time ago so I may never have one.

I am not going to do the "I'm not responcible" thing. If its not working its something you did wrong and you should ask for advice in the thread.

Future updates can be found here themikmik

Last edited:

chogardjr

Sep 29, 2010
Once you have themed or modified the rom the way you want here is what you do if you choose to use it as an odex rom...

There is no way to undo this so make sure you are set up the way you want with themes and such and make sure they work!!!

1)MAKE A BACKUP

2)I have included the busybox installer so open it and update to the latest version (1.19.4)

3)I have also included the terminal emulator so open that and give it superuser permissions by typing su then enter and the $ will change to #

4)Now type cd system/bin/ and press enter

5)Now type dexo and press enter
a)if you get an mount error then you need to use something like Root Explorer (this is all I use) and just mount the system as R/W
b)if it starts doing its thing you will go into FC hell...just leave it alone and let it work. You will know it is done when you get to the sh-3.2#

6)You now will need to hold the power, vol+ and vol- all at the same time till it hard reboots. When it is boots up you are now odexed, enjoy!

Last edited:

chogardjr

Sep 29, 2010
Thanks guys. This is my first official release since my car accident in August. Felt it was time to come out.

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Reactions: dfskevinohyeah

Rob_ec

Apr 23, 2010
Gaia
Does it include the latest kernal.? Or is it a o.c.?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Jabawockee

Oct 3, 2011
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
YESSS! Finally a ROM based off the latest RUU that doesn't look STOCK! Stock sucks!!! Much props to you chogardjr. Screenshots looks mean! Blue my favorite color.

Now lets get my flash on.....

felacio

Apr 16, 2007
Fayetteville
www.idle-handz.com
I totally don't want to sound ungrateful for another ROM being released because it's great. And you're a well known guy. but....

...the 2MP front cam and HDR thing. It's been known that neither of those work for the Evo 3D for a while now. Just saying.

Correction: it SHOULD be known that the 2MP, HDR, 1250 ISO don't actually work at all.

Last edited:

chogardjr

Sep 29, 2010
You may be right about all but the 2mp front cam. I definitely see a difference when I switch it from 1mp. And who really cares anyway. I like to rub it in my jealous Apple loving co-workers faces, lol :p

I totally don't want to sound ungrateful for another ROM being released because it's great. And you're a well known guy. but....

...the 2MP front cam and HDR thing. It's been known that neither of those work for the Evo 3D for a while now. Just saying.

Correction: it SHOULD be known that the 2MP, HDR, 1250 ISO don't actually work at all.

Reactions: piscesjoey

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010
You ****in rock man awesome Rom can't wait to give this Rom a run. Thanks a lot its great to see we still have good developers for our EVO 3d

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Reactions: chogardjr

chogardjr

Sep 29, 2010
Whachu takin bout?! :D

Thanks man. But there are still a lot of good developers out there for our wonderful Evo3D.

You ****in rock man awesome Rom can't wait to give this Rom a run. Thanks a lot its great to see we still have good developers for our EVO 3d

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be my new home for anything Chogardjr Rom related to the Evo3D.

Now for the fun stuff...​

Some items in the images have changed in v2.2 such as the market and the shortcuts for lockscreen (I think that is all)
    Chogardjr3D_v2.0.jpg

V2.2-
    You will need to do a full wipe for this one.
    This includes everything from V2.0-2.1
    -included Beats
    -included Slide to Clear Notifications (Thanks Gruesome for making me look at it again)
    -included the Amaze Cam
    -THIS VERSION COMES FULLY DEODEXED WITH THE ON PHONE OPTION TO ODEX (Huge thanks to TommyT for giving something I was planning to make myself :D)
    -Themes for other roms might work with this as I am not sure. Make a nandroid and find out.
    -Once you have this rom the way you want follow the instructions in post #2 to odex the system - pending investigation
    -Blue Beats with Chogardjr Original Rosie MOD found in post #3

V2.1-
    -LeeDroid Tweaks included
    -A little speed boost to bring it up to speed with some of the others
    -Might be able to flash over v2.0 although I only fresh flash and recommend it
    -Hotspot working

-V2.0
    Based off the 2.17.651.5 RUU
    -7in1 reboot menu
    -Unlocked hotspot
    -GPS icon removed
    -ADB icon removed
    -Track skip with volume while screen is off
    -Signature check disabled
    -5x5 trans app drawer
    -Trans inverted statusbar dropdown
    -Removed carrier label, quicksettings header and recent apps from dropdown
    -Extra quicksettings with volume type toggle
    -Inverted gtalk with video - (thanks fernando)
    -Bubble and text removed from lockscreen shortcuts - (again fernando)
    -Inverted phone dialer
    -Inverted connect to PC menu
    -Inverted trans Mms - (fernando is the man)
    -Batterybar mod with pvyparts market app - (thanks pvyparts)
    -Updated Gapps
    -Updated VVM
    -Mirror app unblocked
    -Adaway included
    -Clocksync included
    -Titanium included
    -Browser extended settings unlocked
    -Camera HDR, panorama, shutter sound toggle, scenes selector in menu, 2MP front cam unlocked, video 3gp or mp4, and stereo audio recording unlocked(may not be true stereo, have no idea)
    -Availiable depaginated app drawer flashable zip
    -Very dark and blue all over (see screenshots)
    -CRT is not working and may have to be creatively rewritten to work in this new ruu

Ok my head officially hurts now. I never started a thread because writing these things always gives me a headache.

Have fun and let me know if there is an issue with anything that I provide. I don't typically take requests but your free to post them and maybe me or someone else will be kind enough to give it a shot. But please don't ask for ETA's if you did ask for something.

Where is my signature you say? I got rid of that a long time ago so I may never have one.

I am not going to do the "I'm not responcible" thing. If its not working its something you did wrong and you should ask for advice in the thread.

Future updates can be found here themikmik
    Once you have themed or modified the rom the way you want here is what you do if you choose to use it as an odex rom...

There is no way to undo this so make sure you are set up the way you want with themes and such and make sure they work!!!

1)MAKE A BACKUP

2)I have included the busybox installer so open it and update to the latest version (1.19.4)

3)I have also included the terminal emulator so open that and give it superuser permissions by typing su then enter and the $ will change to #

4)Now type cd system/bin/ and press enter

5)Now type dexo and press enter
    a)if you get an mount error then you need to use something like Root Explorer (this is all I use) and just mount the system as R/W
    b)if it starts doing its thing you will go into FC hell...just leave it alone and let it work. You will know it is done when you get to the sh-3.2#

6)You now will need to hold the power, vol+ and vol- all at the same time till it hard reboots. When it is boots up you are now odexed, enjoy!
    I also have a update to speed the ui up. Quadrant scores I was getting before was about 2500-2600 but after this I was getting 2900-3000. I know others were tweaking the crap out of stuff to get the same speed but it was all too much for me. I am adding three lines in a file to make this happen.

I'll be posting a full rom to have roam only option this speed tweak and Lee tweaks built in. I'll include the hotspot in there also. You should be able to flash over what you have but I'll always recommend a full wipe. But you'll have the choice.

From my MikG and AnthraX Infected SuperCharged Evo4G!!!
    Chogardjr3D for Evo3D http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22012132]Chogardjr3D v2.0
    V2.2 is up. Make sure you read, read and read.
    Mods

Blue Beats Lockscreen and chogardjr original rosie, from the froyo days

And thanks to dropzeroc's easy to follow post....

Blue Beats with disabled spinning animation on long swipe

Blue Beats with disabled spinning long swipe & has wallpaper scrolling

477bd787-dc6f-8170.jpg

477bd787-87e9-3958.jpg

477bd787-8720-f55c.jpg