[ROM][Factory Image][4.2.2] Mantaray -::- Odex, Deodex, Rooted -::- teshxx (02/14/13)

Search This thread

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
I've been flashing custom ROMs for about a year and never really have understood the practical differences between odexed and deodexed rom's. Can you expand on the difference as it pertains to these 2 versions? I am running the stock OTA 4.2.2, unlocked and rooted.

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Reactions: JohnnyQ1964

thevaristy

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for your hard work! Everything seems good except the button to close all apps in recent is not there.

zoomy942

Jun 5, 2007
Any reason a USB drive via otg shouldn't work? I'm having a spot of trouble

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Or maybe I just don't know how to access it?

JarGnex

May 14, 2012
Any reason a USB drive via otg shouldn't work? I'm having a spot of trouble

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Or maybe I just don't know how to access it?

Get stick mount

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

xdapooh

Jan 11, 2007
GPSD Problems After Update?

Hi, thanks for supplying this package for us. I did find one strange anomaly, even more strange in that no-one else has said anything, or I missed it being written up somewhere.

After applying your update, Odex or Deodex, the GPS daemon wouldn't start. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I found that /system/vendor/bin/gpsd wasn't executable (mode 644) - I fixed this with chmod /system/vendor/bin/gpsd 755 but I'm wondering if something else is out of whack.

Here's what I found in the log in case anyone else has this:

Code:
D/libgps  (  396): SendGpsExtensionMessage: Waiting for IPC connection...
I/ActivityManager(  396): Displayed com.chartcross.gpstest/.GPSTest: +508ms
D/libgps  (  396): SendGpsExtensionMessage: Waiting for IPC connection - timeout
E/libgps  (  396): LIBGPS: Cannot communicate (write) with a GPSD
E/libgps  (  396): IPC Communication Error, /tmp/11916869/customers/samsung/Mantaandroid/../../../proprietary/deliverables/android/gps_interface/../gps_interface/gpsi_client/GpsiClient.cpp:456 SendGpsExtensionMessage
D/libgps  (  396): gps_set_position_mode: Waiting for IPC connection...
D/libgps  (  396): gps_set_position_mode: Waiting for IPC connection - timeout
E/libgps  (  396): LIBGPS: Cannot communicate (write) with a GPSD
E/libgps  (  396): IPC Communication Error, /tmp/11916869/customers/samsung/Mantaandroid/../../../proprietary/deliverables/android/gps_interface/../gps_interface/gpsi_client/GpsiClient.cpp:917 gps_set_position_mode
E/GpsLocationProvider(  396): set_position_mode failed in startNavigating()

xdapooh

Jan 11, 2007
I have the same GPS issue xdapooh, can you expand on how you fixed it?

Dizo, I did reply to your PM but this is probably a better place in case someone else has the same problem:

Basically, you need to make sure that the gpsd binary is owned by root and has the execute bit set.

switch on USB debugging on the device, connect to your pc via USB cable

on the PC, and it depends a little on what ROM you're using and how busybox is installed, but I think this should work for most:

Code:
adb shell
su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/vendor/bin
busybox chmod 755 gpsd
busybox mount -o remount /system
reboot

Finally, use "ls -l" or a some form of root explorer and make sure that gpsd has execute permission and is owned by root,shell

Reactions: DizoAZ

DizoAZ

May 21, 2011
Dizo, I did reply to your PM but this is probably a better place in case someone else has the same problem:

Basically, you need to make sure that the gpsd binary is owned by root and has the execute bit set.

switch on USB debugging on the device, connect to your pc via USB cable

on the PC, and it depends a little on what ROM you're using and how busybox is installed, but I think this should work for most:

Code:
adb shell
su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/vendor/bin
busybox chmod 755 gpsd
busybox mount -o remount /system
reboot

Finally, use "ls -l" or a some form of root explorer and make sure that gpsd has execute permission and is owned by root,shell

Great! Thank you for the reply. I so much wanted to use this Factory ROM as a fallback, noticed CleanROM works fine with GPS so have been using it. I'll give this a shot hopefully today or tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the PM, I thought it didn't go through, but it did. Appreciate the info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONLY FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE NEXUS 10

This is a 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Stock Rom made from Factory Image (Mantaray) released by Google on 02/14/13.

Both Deodexed and Odexed versions are available. Both of them are rooted with unsecured boot with init.d support and includes busybox.

Wipe cache/dalvik. Flash via CWM or TWRP. Your data will be preserved.

Deodexed: Link 1

Odexed: Link 1

Please don't forget to hit Thanks and give proper credit when/if you decide to use this as a base.

Cheers!
    -:: Bootloader ::-

Bootloader: Link 1 "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-manta-mantalj12.img"

Please flash this via fastboot (without the quotes).
    Post #1 updated!
    Just installed it. Works great.

Anyone have a flash able stock kernel?