Search This thread

GerdH

Jun 19, 2006
Hello,

I own a s200 since last week. My first impression:
improved in many ways in comparison to my old Qtek2020 with WM2003

- better usability with WM5 and the additional buttons
- better power management
- better integration of phone (had problems on my old device with missing calls and missing sound at calls)
- size now so small that I can carry it like a normal cellphone

- speed is OK for my purposes (standard programs plus OziExplorer)
- power drain better than with Qtek2020

Not so good:
- sound at phone calls should be louder
- WiFi works good, but range should be larger (my s200 works up to 10m if there is no wall in between)
- small touch screen more difficult to operate (but I prefer a small device, that I can carry all the time)

I think the s200 will very useful for me (it will be my brain extension ...)

Cheers, Gerd

exxi

Apr 26, 2006
ICH STIMME DIR ZU"!!!
DU FREAK!!!
aber....

Die range vom wireless ist bei mir super

c3l5o

Jun 16, 2006
Lisboa
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Hi, I'm thinking of buyig a S200, nevertheless I'de like to satisfy some doubts? Is it really as bad as its said with movies and apps like tom tom and route 66? I heard it was slow...

I have the possibility to try it for a few days and then exchange it for a S100 (magician) if I'm not happy with it, but the Wi-Fi is the main reason I'm gonna buy it, so I really need to know...

Hoedje

Jan 31, 2006
GerdH said:
Hello,
Not so good:
- sound at phone calls should be louder
Try searching the forums for a registry hack, it can be set louder!
- WiFi works good, but range should be larger (my s200 works up to 10m if there is no wall in between)
Do you use a .G router and do you use maximum power. I use a .G router and I have a connection through walls and everything till about 20 m. My laptop can go further, but still I'm impressed.
- small touch screen more difficult to operate (but I prefer a small device, that I can carry all the time)
You'll get used to it :D

Is it really as bad as its said with movies and apps like tom tom and route 66? I heard it was slow...
No the newest Dopod ROM is fairly fast for everyday uses. For movies I would use some overclocking @240mhz almost everything is as fast as the 416 mhz intel. But for Tomtom that isn't really necessairy, although overclocking will speed up, the starting-up time of the program...

GerdH

Jun 19, 2006
I tried some of the registry hacks regarding the sound level and up to now I don´t found a sufficient setting. But I will invest a little bit more time for playing around.

My WLAN router operates with B/G setting, the s200 with maximum Wifi power. With one wall in between and perhaps 8m distance i got about 20% signal level. But that may be also a problem of my router or the environment.

Are there tools available which show the signal strength of all WLANs around?

Cheers , Gerd[/quote]

shivam

I can overclock to 264 or so ..anything over that blows up (slow down)...Id suggest 264 rather than 240..since I beileve 264 is stable anyhow...however, i use a pretty cool custom rom that may have been configured just for that :)

Sadly I dont agree with screen size being good..its small and as small things go, leaves out lots of functionality..the processor is SLOWER than the HTC Magician according to Microsoft Tech Team..which means...the smaller you go, the diff processor you use (to make it look fast) yet the OS WM5 uses a bit more resources (as expected) and so the new processor is still ****..oh well..size vs. speed.

vatk

Apr 14, 2006
GerdH said:
I tried some of the registry hacks regarding the sound level and up to now I don´t found a sufficient setting. But I will invest a little bit more time for playing around.

My WLAN router operates with B/G setting, the s200 with maximum Wifi power. With one wall in between and perhaps 8m distance i got about 20% signal level. But that may be also a problem of my router or the environment.

Are there tools available which show the signal strength of all WLANs around?

Cheers , Gerd
[/quote]

Hello.
I have a Qtek 9100 and as i have posted in 9100's thread, all HTC new devices and especially 9100 and S200 have crap wifi.
I have tested many many ppc's and ended up that the signal of wifi in S200/9100 is about 50% less than other devices!

temiatwork

Jun 22, 2006
Geneva
S200 - all-in-one

I used to own an AXIM X5 then after 2years X3 with a separate mobile phone, which i carry all the time together.

Yes the S200 is slow but all functionality works fine (wifi,bt,gprs,msoff,,,etc). i cant ask for more for the size of this.

My question is, does anybody here who owns an S200 have tried overclocking it (omapclock), if yes can you please send me the instruction to do this.

thanks in advance.
/gerald

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm really happy with my S200, contrary to some of you, I have great WiFi reception even trhough walls.

I wardrive a lot and I can connect to hotspots from really far away. I can tell because the SSID broadcast sometimes display the company name and I often realize the building is not near at all.

On the movie watching side, I can see full movies with no OC at all. It really depends on how you encode the movie in the first place.

You'll love it!