[Xposed] MinMinGuard v2.0.2

Search This thread

mbeltoft

Aug 15, 2010
It breaks feedly if you block it.

I would like to see a way to block ads on websites like adblock+ browser plug-in does it. Not just by host names but also by filters

ZSKOR

Nov 11, 2012
"remove the empty field" feature is not working on xda app

Sent from my LG-F320S using xda app-developers app

dr.lube

Jan 18, 2013
Bolzano
The ad when you are closing link2sd still be there.. Anyway, congratulations! This is a very useful app :)

Inviato dal mio LG-P999 utilizzando Tapatalk

AndroGuru

Aug 17, 2013
Lucknow
Works but there are a few apps where removing the space doesn't work. And for guys asking abt is it better then adaway I would recommend using both of them together.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

youtube, and when im using the website that has ads. :p;)

Why don't you use YouTube adaway mod by wanam. It works.

yanleites

Dec 15, 2012
Jerusalem
I think the app has a small problem, when I load android-zone.org, I see a white screen - looks like the site cannot be loaded, the same 4pda.ru and 4pda.info sites.
Facebook site works fine...

Nexus 4 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock

Thank You

Last edited:

CruxHumanus

Apr 22, 2013
OnePlus 11
Awesome!

I've always wished for something like this to exist!

Edit:
Phone rebooted and began producing sounds on unlock, which I have disabled in settings. Don't know if this is directly stemming from the module, but it was the last thing I installed in a while. Didn't remove the ad block in sofascore, either. And this, too. Uninstalled for the meanwhile.

Last edited:

milojoseph

Sep 18, 2012
Brooklyn
Works but there are a few apps where removing the space doesn't work. And for guys asking abt is it better then adaway I would recommend using both of them together.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Why don't you use YouTube adaway mod by wanam. It works.
I dont have a galaxy product. Only nexus

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
@FatMinMin, is it possible to block the Play Store ratings solicitations that some apps constantly throw at users to join Google+ to rate the app? I used to like to rate apps, but I'm never going to sign up for Google+ for privacy reasons. So these ratings nags are basically neverending promotions for Google+ that you can't stop even if you've paid for the app. I frequently have to dismiss the dialogs they throw at me. I wonder if it's possible to enhance your app to block ratings nags, too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    • USE MINMINGUARD AT YOUR OWN RISK
    • MinMinGuard is for experimental purposes only, and comes with no warranty or guarantee.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard are responsible for their own actions.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard agree not to use for illegal actions.
    • This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.

Featured on the XDA portal: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/selectively-block-ads-on-certain-apps-with-xposed-module/
    Featured on the Pocketable: http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/minminguard-xposed-framework-module-patches-ad-holes.html
    Featured on XDA TV:

qhmJx2w.png

Introduction:
    Hi everyone,

Here I am going to share with you my newly developed Xposed module, MinMinGuard. It can completely remove both the ads inside apps and the empty space caused by those ads. Conventional ads removing apps are only able to block the ad content, but the space taken by the ad will still remain unused (black). MinMinGuard successfully removes that black space, which extends the app window and makes your user-experience better.

You can find more information here.

Chat Room:
    You are welcome to join the MinMinGuard Gitter Room for live discussion and supports.

Source Code:
    https://github.com/chiehmin/MinMinGuard
    Under GPL v3.0 license

Download link:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/tw.fatminmin.xposed.minminguard

FAQ:
    Q: Why there is still ads in a few apps?
    A: Some apps use differnt Ad Networks' SDK (Mostly some local ads providers ex: Vpon in Taiwan) that is not currently supported by MinMinGuard. If you encounter this situation, you can open a new issue on Github to let me know and I will try to fix it. The issue should contains at least "appname", "download link" and "which page in the app show the ads". If you don't know how to use Github, you can alternatively fill in this form and I will create the issue for you.

Q: Why ads in websites is still showing?
    A: MinMinGuard currently only blocks the "in-app" ads. Blocking ads in websites may be the future work.

Q: Can I use MinMinGuard along with Adaway?(or any other adblocker)
    A: Yes, they should work perfectly with each other.

Donation:
    If you want to support me, you can donate via Paypal and I will really appreciate you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MinMinGuard, App for the Android General

Contributors
    FatMinMin

Version Information

Created 2014-01-17
    Last Updated 2018-06-24
    The thread is reopened. If you have problems using MinMinGuard, leave your problems here. Please give me the name of the apps along with download links that don't work with MinMinGuard(It would be great if you also post the all the ad networks the apps use).

ps: It's so great to have Xposed working for Lollipop :)
    Hi all,

Due to my daily job and career focus, I can hardly find time to maintain MinMinGuard in recent years. However, it is luckily that MinMinGuard finally has an enthusiastic and brilliant developer @MSkjel who is willing to take over its future development.

Thank you all for the support for MinMinGuard in this years and cheers for @MSkjel .
    MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 works with Virtual Xposed

Hi, I just uploaded MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 with features as follow:

- works with Virtual Xposed (by removing resource hook)
    - compile against sdk27
    - fix some bug which may cause app crashed

NOTE: this is a alpha version, so I put it in the experimental channel. configuration bugs are expected
    v2.0.1 is released with multiple bugs fixed. Changes are as follow:

- Fix crashing when saving the settings
    - Fix unstable UI when switching between the tabs
    - Fix xposed no enabled message not shown problem
    - Only hook into apps when enabled