Dammit Apple Galaxy Nexus Injunction Granted

Search This thread

john_tillman

May 22, 2012
no they would loose millions in revenue
Not millions. Bilions may be. 5 - 6% of their annual revenue comes from Apple. So, yeah, it is a big deal for them to keep Apple as a customer. There was a recent incident when a rumor floated in the S. Korean stock market that Apple is dropping Samsung from supplying memory for next gen devices and the stock tumbled 6% within hours. So, as Joe Biden puts it "It is a BFD".

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Even more reasons to hate apple... And now they're basically saying that the Google search engine was their idea... A patent for "being able to search multiple sources through a single interface (Apple's Siri)"
Really?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
It certainly wasn't google's idea. Those who are old enough have used other crappy search engines that existed before google. And, google isn't a saint of a search engine either. They paid Yahoo $2.2 billion (in stocks) when they IPO'd to settle the claim they stole adwords IP from Idealabs (later acquired by Overture which itself was acquired by Yahoo which then had 4% stake in Google). Nobody pays $2.2 billion to settle a lawsuit just because they have money. Where there is a smoke, there is a fire.

Last edited:

calum96

Nov 21, 2010
I also read somewhere that Steve jobs stole the hardware and software designs off another small company and marketed it as there own because it wasn't patented or marketed very well, can't remember where it was exactly see if anyone can find this... maybe if this was brought to light it would change a lot of peoples minds

Sent from my GT-I9000 running remICS-UX using XDA premium

john_tillman

May 22, 2012
I also read somewhere that Steve jobs stole the hardware and software designs off another small company and marketed it as there own because it wasn't patented or marketed very well, can't remember where it was exactly see if anyone can find this... maybe if this was brought to light it would change a lot of peoples minds

Never start a rumor that can't be googled.

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
I also read somewhere that Steve jobs stole the hardware and software designs off another small company and marketed it as there own because it wasn't patented or marketed very well,

that is apples back bone... the lisa, mac os ....can anyone say PARC

apple have been offered a licience on android handsets and have refused. which goes to show it not reveue driven..... must have another agenda (i wonder what that is)

Reactions: c5satellite2

john_tillman

May 22, 2012
Agreed on paper its not that big of a difference, but when you're holding a 2 in one hand and a 3 in the other, the difference feels substantial. Battery life I suppose is decent when you compare it to other tablets, but again side by side with the 2 it's just not as good. Every review on the net comments about battery life not being as good. Now if I never owned an iPad 2 I would probably think the 3 is great but there are times I wish I never sold my iPad 2. Pound for pound I still think it's the best tablet available.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
I briefly tried iPad 3 before settling for low priced iPad 2. I found no difference physically - may be because I work out too much ;) ...In all seriousness, it wasn't a big difference. I think those who like to read may find iPad 3 a better alternative. The screen looks just gorgeous and reading on it is absolutely easy on eyes. Having said that, not into gaming - so, never tried anything except stupid angry birds. I call it stupid because I absolutely adore that game.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

that is apples back bone... the lisa, mac os ....can anyone say PARC

apple have been offered a licience on android handsets and have refused. which goes to show it not reveue driven..... must have another agenda (i wonder what that is)
This is one rumor that never dies in Android forums. Apple paid a million dollars to just take a look at Xerox PARC inventions and replicate whatever they could. Yes, it was not technology transfer or whatever. But, it was not stolen. They paid Xerox to let them see their inventions with full intent of commercialization. It is similar to paying a royalty to an inventor but instead of % of sales - an upfront lump sum.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

I hope Tim Cook trips on an extension cord and breaks his nose while revealing the next iPhone. Isn't it bad enough they are limiting their own customers? Now they're stepping on our toes more and more since Steve died. Cook is an ass.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
That is exactly why he uses 'MagSafe' connector for his Macs. :))

xdaid

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2009
It certainly wasn't google's idea. Those who are old enough have used other crappy search engines that existed before google. And, google isn't a saint of a search engine either. They paid Yahoo $2.2 billion (in stocks) when they IPO'd to settle the claim they stole adwords IP from Idealabs (later acquired by Overture which itself was acquired by Yahoo which then had 4% stake in Google). Nobody pays $2.2 billion to settle a lawsuit just because they have money. Where there is a smoke, there is a fire.

Oh, so how could it be an apple's idea then?
So basically you agree with us, apple does not deserve that siri patent at all.

Even the other alleged violations look like pretty ridiculous, here is an example:

http://www.androidcentral.com/apple-granted-patent-slide-unlock-even-though-it-existed-2-years-they-invented-it

john_tillman

May 22, 2012
Oh, so how could it be an apple's idea then?
So basically you agree with us, apple does not deserve that siri patent at all.

Even the other alleged violations look like pretty ridiculous, here is an example:

http://www.androidcentral.com/apple-granted-patent-slide-unlock-even-though-it-existed-2-years-they-invented-it
Yeah, and no one knows whose idea it was. But, that is the pity in our patent system. It is just like land grab in wild west in 18th century. Whoever laid the claim first, the patent becomes their. No wonder patent trolling is a $20 billion industry.

calum96

Nov 21, 2010
I briefly tried iPad 3 before settling for low priced iPad 2. I found no difference physically - may be because I work out too much ;) ...In all seriousness, it wasn't a big difference. I think those who like to read may find iPad 3 a better alternative. The screen looks just gorgeous and reading on it is absolutely easy on eyes. Having said that, not into gaming - so, never tried anything except stupid angry birds. I call it stupid because I absolutely adore that game.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

This is one rumor that never dies in Android forums. Apple paid a million dollars to just take a look at Xerox PARC inventions and replicate whatever they could. Yes, it was not technology transfer or whatever. But, it was not stolen. They paid Xerox to let them see their inventions with full intent of commercialization. It is similar to paying a royalty to an inventor but instead of % of sales - an upfront lump sum.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Yes PARC I think that was it :) do you know of a link where we could read more about this? A reliable one?

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com

I'm afraid you're wrong. He did not pay Xerox, Xerox paid him the million for shares in his company.

http://m.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/05/16/110516fa_fact_gladwell

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editions/CAownKXmAQ/bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk 2

xdaid

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2009
Nothing was stolen from Xerox but all was copied from PARC.

Even if apple paid (or get paid) for the tour in the Xerox research labs in fact they shamelessly copied ALL that they saw and this was actually not intended to be.

Pretty curious how a company whose fortune is based off a copy now try to sue any other company for ideas that their selves (apple) copied from others (about the latest lawsuit, no original ideas in those four patents).

Next scenario will be apple suing each other for using wonderful innovations, taken from android, that iOS6 brought to us...

I'm NOT an apple hater but definitely i don't like how they behave nowadays.

Last edited:

xaccers

Jul 21, 2009
Milling around Milton Keynes
Yeah I can believe that too. Look at the iPad 3, no way in hell would Steve Jobs have let that thing go to market the way it is. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but it's thick, it's heavy, battery life sucks, and the GPU isn't powerful enough to push all the pixels on its retina display without choking. I think that right there is proof that Apple is struggling. Although, the retina MacBook is damn sexy. Ugh, I want one.

Tell me about it, work have forced iPad 3's on all of is and it is crap.
Slow, heavy, pointless.
The AppStore sucks compared with google play.
Apps are huge and as someone used to android they are bloody expensive. Tried a free RDP client, screen is so innacurate it is unusable while on my Sensation I have no trouble navigating around a remote machine.
Safari is slower than IE5 and Dolphin, while faster crashes far too often.
The damn thing crashes apps more often than my wife's HD2 running a custom rom.
I really cannot see why anyone would actually buy such a heap of junk.

mcvigo

Oct 16, 2011
Is this effective noe? Ordered one like 2 days ago. Should i be fine?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
What are the longterm implications? Will this affect Jelly Bean update for GNex and other phones in the near future? Will JB include the voice search? Will prices of GNex go down or up?

What about these ridic patients Apple was able to get for the most basic stuff?

Last edited:

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Longterm this is going to get worse before it gets better. If the courts would just grow a pair and actually do their jobs, all this could be settled. If apple would pay the fees that they were ordered to pay to other patent holders, maybe others would try to make a deal with them before it having to go to court. Apple refuses to play fair, so nobody wants to deal with them. Would you?

The courts have their heads in their asses and obviously won't do their job, so be prepared for this to go the distance.

Call the us atty general and make complaints about apple abusing the patent/court system to exert their will, while refusing to abide to any decisions that go against them. They can't have it both ways!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Google apple frand. They just want everyone to bend over for them. They are ordered to pay licensing, they refuse. Then they demand others to cave to frand so they can use someone else's patent for pennies. But they won't pay in the end. When others want apple to do the same, apple says no way. Unreal. If you do business with them you are a fool.

PS: Just because foxconn owns their slaves, doesn't mean it's ok! Shameful and pathetic company. Poster child for what has gone wrong in America. Killing, enslavement, and theft is ok as long as it is profitable! Sad state of affairs.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

GianniDPC

Mar 26, 2012
I have nothing to say but F*ck Apple leave us (Android Phones) Alone :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'll never ever buy an Apple product I never did and I wil never do !

Slap-Yourself :)

Mar 18, 2012
God I hope so. Its time for Google to put a stop to this BS. I understand what apple is doing going after the OEM's in hopes to deter them from using Android. But its just getting out of hand now. The Gnex is in no way similar to an iPhone. They're just going after the most threatening device to them just like they already tried with the GS3. Its pathetic really. Apple did not invent EVERYTHING.

Apple really hasn't invented anything. :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does the Galaxy Nexus have to do with the HTC One X?

lol 22 posts and you're already a rent-a-mod. You move quickly.
    What I take offense against is name calling....Droidtards, iSheep, Androids, Sheeps etc etc. How old are you - 15? Everyone has different priorities and their device serves those. If yours is to put a different widget on the screen everyday - that doesn't make you smarter than those who don't. Some people just want to use their smart phone as a phone. They have work, family and life to deal with. Limiting, openness, open source etc are all relative. Most of the common folks are not tech savy enough or care about technology enough to mod their devices. Apple serves them. And, it has been paying off for them handsomely - good for them. Google has different priority - collect all information in the world - thus, free android - so we keep using their OS/search engine. Even they are not dumb enough to open source their cash cow - their search engine/ad serving code (adwords, adsense etc.). Do you start calling those who use google search - gSheep because it is not open? did you know that if you are a site utilizing their google adsense to serve ads - they dont even tell you how much cut do they keep. All you get to know is impressions, clicks and revenue. An advertiser may be paying $50 per 1000 clicks but google may keep $25 and you won't even know that. Hows that for being open?

I agree completely. I had an iPhone 4S for a few months and while I did have some serious gripes with it, I did like it very much. Does that make me an iSheep? No. It just means that I like cool things. I have a friend that has a Kindle Fire and he was giving me tons of crap about my iPad and how Android was so much better because it's not locked down like the iPad is. He even called me an iSheep. I started cracking up. Amazon took Android, and locked it down with the EXACT SAME PLAN as Apple does with their products. So he's arguing that he didn't want an iPad because of the "walled garden" yet bought a Kindle Fire that has the exact same core concept. Unless you root, you are locked into Amazon's app store. People just like to toss out stupid names because it makes them feel better about whatever product they chose to buy. Bottom line is Apple makes awesome products and THAT'S why people buy them, not because they are sheep to Steve Jobs'/Tim Cook's shepherd. I think anyone who uses stupid terms like iSheep is being incredibly childish, and Android fan boys are FAR more rabid and deserving of a title like that than most iPhone users, sorry to say. I don't give a crap what logo is on my toys, if it's cool then damn sure I'm going to buy it.

All that said, I do think it is ridiculous what Apple is doing. Sure they kickstarted the smartphone and tablet revolution, but they certainly didn't invent them. I had a windows XP tablet (with an incredibly powerful crusoe processor lol) long before the iPad came out. They were able to make these devices popular because of their existing popularity and marketing skills. I'm not saying that these devices aren't great because they are. I own a bunch of Apple devices, but nothing that they have done since the release of the original iPhone or iPad has been incredibly innovative, in regards to those devices. Every new iPhone/iPad or version of iOS has just been more of the same with minor spec bumps and very minor features added, and a lot of the features they add have been features of Android since the beginning (*cough* notification center *cough*). Heck, even Siri was a rip of Android's voice control. Sure they anthropomorphized it but Android had a functional voice control system long before Apple did. Now people are claiming that Android is ripping off Siri with the latest version on Jelly Bean. Are they f*cking kidding me? So they steal Android's ideas and that's cool because it's open source and they're allowed to, but they go after everybody who has a feature on their device that even remotely resembles something on theirs. I understand it's business, but enough is seriously enough. Instead of innovating their own product, they are trying to prevent other companies from innovating with theirs. It's a damn joke.
    Apple is going to destroy itself with all this. Human curiosity is going to be their downfall. When one person goes after another person gossip happens. Well same thing with companies. And cuz of human curiosity iOS users will switch over to Android to find out what the big deal is. Apple is almost self destructive. I left apple iOS devices because of their take it or leave it attitude.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Google could just do one simple thing to fix Apple, stop YouTube from working on iOS devices. Apple can come up with its own maps program, email services are a dime a dozen... YouTube on the other hand belongs to Google and apple has no way to replace it. Would be like Facebook cutting off android.

How many Iphone users would ditch apple the second they couldn't watch YouTube on their phones anymore. If apple wants to act like a butt hurt child then I say give them a reason to be butt hurt.

You know how apple could deal with this competition problem, MAKE A PHONE that people want to buy over an android phone! This whole corporate "If you can't beat them, sue them." is just going to slow down tech growth. Apple had the majority smartphone market share for the longest time because they had the best phones. Now Android phones have that market share because they have innovated and given the consumers what they want, and that is choice. You want a cheap ass smartphone, there is a android phone for you. Do you want a powerhouse phone with massive screen? Android has what you are looking for. Are you someone that loves to tweak the crap out of your phone well you go ahead and flash different roms and kernels on your phone, android has you covered.

You want a phone that is powerful but overpriced, has a small screen, locked up and love to have to have a secondary program just to put mp3s on your phone... Well.. Apple is here to bend you over and give it to you good. As a plus we even tell you what apps you are allowed to put on your phone and only those apps, because we know what's best for you.

God bless Apple for protecting us from choice, having more than one option in life is scary and confusing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    d03604a4-1cb9-64e1.jpg

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 using Tapatalk 2