[ArkSwitch] HTC Notification-LIKE Theme [UPDATE 07/16/10 BUGFIX]

Search This thread

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
I'm using Energy 3 June ROM and I have the following issue. I got this problem in a slightly older ROM as well. Anyone else got this too?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 42

powinmo

May 5, 2010
I am thinking of changing everything to GIF and maybe this will boost performance... Will need to change the one with transparency though since only PNG can offer transparency. Hopefully the app accepts GIF format images.

You should be able to use GIF images as the app appears to be using the standard paint/imaging API based on a quick look at the current source code.

I had it crash once on me since my last post. It also seems some users that tried the recent Energy ROM (July 1, 2010 versions I think) that had your theme baked in are having sufficient issues NRGZ is pulling it out.

One suggestion I might make is: remove the background image since it is just a solid color, and use the <BackgroundColor> option in the config.xml to map an approximation. This will probably make the most difference in performance and possibly the stability. The default theme goes this route from what I can tell.

EDIT:
I looked at the background.png file and see that it has an alternating gradient and is not a simple solid background. Histogram analysis on the colors show an average of 35 for RGB. As such I played modified the config.xml to remove the image and just use the apps built in color handling. It's too early in my testing to tell if this will help any. But the modified xml appears to generate a similar look and feel.

Changes to the config.xml:
Code:
  <BackgroundColor>35,35,35</BackgroundColor>

<AppInfoBackgroundColor>35,35,35</AppInfoBackgroundColor>

<BackgroundImage></BackgroundImage>

<AppInfoBackgroundImage></AppInfoBackgroundImage>

Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Lol... I told NRGZ specifically... DON'T COOK IT. Guess he didn't read my post.

But I will try to fix this now because I upgraded to 6.5.5 so I am back to arkswitch. Tried applying my theme and it crashed immediately. I am going to try using all solid GIFs with simpler profiles and hopefully that helps.

Also the background is not solid color. Look at the hi res screenshot it is clearly textured. I must keep it to be consistent with the HTC look.

Last edited:

xILukasIx

Dec 14, 2008
Linz
Absolutely Great Mate!!! That was exactly what i was looking for. ArkSwitch optically never really fitted into Sense but now... Im happy :D

EDIT: Hmm damn ArkSwitch constantly Crashes when using your theme. Im running it with RTTs ROM on HD2 (Win 6.5.3 Manila 2013) Any suggestions...?

Error see pics

After crash, the Device runs extremely slow and needs to be Softreseted.

I get the same error, but it worked fine until I read that yours constantly crashes lol...

It works fine when there's no program open, but when I open a program and start ArkSwitch, it crashes.
Again, this didn't happen until NOW.
I can't even open the Start Menu after the crash and the phone gets really slow.
I'm on Energy ROM (GTX) for HTC HD2 btw.

Is the theme cooked in this ROM?

toadlife

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA
I tried it out on my ROM. No crashes in the short time I've used it.

I have a feeling it's not your theme that is causing the crashes for certain people. In the processes off making my ROM, I experienced frequent Arkswitch crashes, but the theme never changed. The crashes corresponded with certain Windows mobile builds.

Right now, my ROM is using 21887 and I haven't seen Arkswitch crash in ages. With other builds (21892) Arkswitch was VERY unstable.

BTW, your "selected" and "deselected" buttons are a bit jagged on the edges. Here are the ones from mine.

Attachments

• x-selected.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
I tried it out on my ROM. No crashes in the short time I've used it.

I have a feeling it's not your theme that is causing the crashes for certain people. In the processes off making my ROM, I experienced frequent Arkswitch crashes, but the theme never changed. The crashes corresponded with certain Windows mobile builds.

Right now, my ROM is using 21887 and I haven't seen Arkswitch crash in ages. With other builds (21892) Arkswitch was VERY unstable.

BTW, your "selected" and "deselected" buttons are a bit jagged on the edges. Here are the ones from mine.
Thanks. I was just being lazy (as usual) and just wanted to make my theme quick and easy, lol... I'll update my package with your x buttons.

And it does appear to be the theme because I've been using ArkSwitch since yesterday with no theme applied and have had no crashes. As soon as I apply the theme, almost immediately it will crash. And will continue crashing until I kill Arkswitch or uninstall it. Majorly sucks, wish the app was a little more stable. :-/

toadlife

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA
Thanks. I was just being lazy (as usual) and just wanted to make my theme quick and easy, lol... I'll update my package with your x buttons.

And it does appear to be the theme because I've been using ArkSwitch since yesterday with no theme applied and have had no crashes. As soon as I apply the theme, almost immediately it will crash. And will continue crashing until I kill Arkswitch or uninstall it. Majorly sucks, wish the app was a little more stable. :-/

Well maybe it just doesn't like large themes. Mine is pretty light. It only consists of the buttons and the top bar. The background is just a solid color.

powinmo

May 5, 2010
Lol... I told NRGZ specifically... DON'T COOK IT. Guess he didn't read my post.

But I will try to fix this now because I upgraded to 6.5.5 so I am back to arkswitch. Tried applying my theme and it crashed immediately. I am going to try using all solid GIFs with simpler profiles and hopefully that helps.

Also the background is not solid color. Look at the hi res screenshot it is clearly textured. I must keep it to be consistent with the HTC look.

I did see your original background image theme was textured, and your image is pretty darn good match to the HTC theme. But the values I picked for a background color vs using image seemed close enough for my needs without having arkswitch constantly painting a 64k png to the device.

Yeah I saw that NRGZ put in his own custom arkswitch theme with his latest July 10, 2010 ROMs. Like toadlife mentioned, I doubt the themes are the primary cause of arkswitch terminating prematurely so much. Some ROM builds seem to cause AS more grief than others regardless of the theme used and my experience mirrors his.

Looking forward to seeing your modified theme. Otherwise, I'm just using your original theme with some tweaks of my own for now.

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
I will send it to you both. Oddly switching to indexed profile and saving as a GIF made the file much larger. Regardless, it's worth a shot. Will be sending the PMs shortly.

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Success! Using the GIF background it seems the problem is fixed. I will need others to test it as well to be completely sure but for me it did the trick. First post being updated now... Once we get some feedback, chefs feel free to cook this in your roms! :)

Stephane Dufault

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
constant crash

I love your theme, but also I get constant crash (same as on the post#4). When I remove the background and replace by a color I still get the crash but much less.

To be noted that I get the same problem with other theme, any idea?

Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Not sure, I haven't been able to reproduce the crash since the updated version with GIF background format. It may be helpful to post your rom information so that others may be able to test and see if they get the same thing.

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Oh... yes of course xD

Well have you tried upgrading to v1.2? This fixed some lingering bugs for me.

Sorry I can't help more, but I really think my theme is not causing the problem at this point because I've tried several ROMs on my HD2 and it works on all of them.