[GUIDE] Fixing Security Error / Other commom problems

Search This thread

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
Idk if it has been said but security has been misspelled throughout this thread. Might affect people trying to search for it.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BajoPrimate

heavyknights

Dec 9, 2013
whenever I try to flash something it comes up with this message:

sending 'boot' (10240 KB)
OKAY [5.242s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: partition does not exist)
finished...

this happens with everything I try to my p760
phone doesnt do anything, only shows up in fastboot devices

Alucai Vivorvel

Oct 8, 2011
Hamilton
THANK YOU SO MUCH @shucrut for this guide!

I tried flashing CWM via Recovery Tools app, not knowing that 1) the recovery was for the wrong variant (P760 vs my P769) and 2) the bootloader had to be unlocked first.

So, I was stuck at Security Error (for some reason you're missing the "y" in that in both the thread title and the post itself... no biggie, just thought I'd mention it). Couldn't boot past it.

Followed your guide, and now I'm on my carrier's stock FW and downloading FOTA JB! :D

Thank you so so much!

To anyone following this guide and still can't boot up properly (I kept getting stuck at the carrier boot animation) try the Hard Reset mentioned near the top of this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36352031&postcount=1

Reactions: kuma82

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
whenever I try to flash something it comes up with this message:

sending 'boot' (10240 KB)
OKAY [5.242s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: partition does not exist)
finished...

this happens with everything I try to my p760
phone doesnt do anything, only shows up in fastboot devices

Sorry fir the delay to answer, but if yiu have the fastboot drivers installed correctly (in first post have a link to kuma's fastboot installation guide) so it seems like a hardware problem

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
will this work on ku5900 korea? i have security error

It's better don't follow the entire thread. The drivers part is ok for you too, but if you flash a l9 ROM into your phone you will brick it. I recomend you to ask for help in your phone's forum, im certain someone will be able to provide you some links and help.

srtsrt07

Mar 27, 2013
antalya
hello im stuck at first step.
its look like this.
video is uploading...
-no battery
plug usb cable, and always say unkown device. appear, disappear.
how can i fix this ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

First of all, i have no credit for almost things i'm gonna say here, thanks must go to who realy worked in the mentioned things.

I created this thread because of the large numbers of people in [Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting] and realized that the most of these problems could be solved with a simple guide. I repplied this in a thread but now i'm creating in general with hope that people sees this before asking again.

This guide can be used in these cases:

- Phone is not recognized by KDZ offline flashing
    - Phone enters in SECURITY ERROR screen and doesn't boots up
    - Fail trying to flash a new ROM and the phone doesn't starts
    - You tried to install custom ROM via CWM and your phone have a LOCKED bootloader
    - You tried to install a custom recovery via fastboot/adb and your phone have a LOCKED bootloader
    - Anyway, if you think your phone is dead, give a try here

When you try to install a custom recovery with your bootloader locked (for example), the phone system detects it and give you a message of an error in security. To solve this, you'll need to reflash your rom. By doing this, the KDZ will reflash the original recovery and you will be able to access your phone/recovery again.

Step by step:

1. You need to install fastboot drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119090
    Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Download THIS and exctract it to C:/. Open device manager in windows (Rigt click on Computer > Manage > Device manager) and connect your phone without the battery to pc via USB cable. Look in device manager for a new hardware connected, right click on it and click in update drivers. In the window open, select "Search for software driver in the computer" and in the window open select insert C:\fastboot\usb_drv_windows, tick the option "include subfolders" and advance. A pop up window may appear asking you if you do want to install the driver, choose YES and the drivers will install.

1.1 - If you're having some badtimes installing fastboot drivers, follow THIS, it will probably solve the most of the problems - thanks @kuma82 for catching it :D

2. Navigate to the folder you extracted (C:/fastboot) and double click on start.bat. It will ask you for administrator privileges, just say yes.

3. Select your phone model (2 for P760, 3 for P765, 4 for P768 and 5 for P769). It will ask you to turn off your phone and remove battery. When you done with that, press enter. It will now ask you to insert USB cable with the phone without the battery and after 4 seconds re-insert the battery. Onde you done with that, it wil return a message to press any key. In this step the fastboot drivers may be installed again. Don't worry, it's normal

4. Remove the battery again, wait a few seconds and re-insert it.

5. Plug the USB cable in the phone with the battery in and let VOL UP pressed. The phone will enter in SW Update mode.

6. Follow THIS to reflash your rom. A list of avaiable official roms of different models is HERE. Remember to only flash roms made for your phone model or you may get some issues.

7. You're all done I recommend using THIS TWEAK, the phone becomes more responsive.

*** If you flashed a JellyBean rom (V20X.kdz) you can easily root with THIS and if you want CWM recovery use THIS CWM FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADER ------ REMEMBER NOT TO FLASH ANY CUSTOM ROM WITH THIS RECOVERY BECAUSE I'M CONSIDERING YOUR BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED AND FOR THIS REASON, YOU CANNOT FLASH CUSTOM ROMS WITH CWM, IT JUST DOESNT WORK!!!

People who deserve thanks:
    @sguerrini97
    @cmahendra
    @Dragusdrake
    @captaincrook
    @artas182x
    @Lelus
    saw your post regarding this in one of the threads but lsot it.... mind sharing that?...i am getting unkown device in device manager whrn i try to install usb driver for omap

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44578108&postcount=34

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44653501&postcount=55 @Shutcrut you are welcome to use this info in your OP.
    I wish some moderator will sticky this stuff.
    Sent from my LGMS769 using xda app-developers app
    Not to hate or anything, but you should go into more details. I had a hard time at first because my computer wouldn't give me a chance to install the drivers (it kept disconnecting and connecting). Not every computer is the same, some people have to disable driver enforcement at boot to install omap4430 drivers. Just saying, but thanks for helping :thumbup:

Sent from my LGMS769 using xda app-developers app
    This guide will be helpful to many I'm sure. I think you should combine in wonky touch screen fix with v6 and cwm ts fix :) I've softbricked this phone so many times I'm back up and running in 15-20 mins but my bootloader is still locked :eek:

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
    Idk if it has been said but security has been misspelled throughout this thread. Might affect people trying to search for it.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app