[ROOT] [TWRP] Gigaset ME/ME Pro

Search This thread

furiousjay

May 4, 2015
You should try to use the Google installer. Search on Google for "google installer" (sorry. I may not post links) Just hit the blue button and install everything. This might work. No root is required for that.

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
I think i messed up again...it now stuck on the Gigaset logo when i switch on the phone...

I went to recovery and typed the command but it was doing nothing so i clicked install and chose boot and recovery there...and now it seems becoming a brick...

i know i should not do this...now i want to cut off my hands..

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
I think i messed up again...it now stuck on the Gigaset logo when i switch on the phone...

I went to recovery and typed the command but it was doing nothing so i clicked install and chose boot and recovery there...and now it seems becoming a brick...

i know i should not do this...now i want to cut off my hands..

You can replace device. They will never find what have you done. Tell, just phone don't power on and they accept it as memory failure.

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
haha...looks like it is the only solution for now...had the phone for 3 months. regreted that i bought this one from China. very difficult to get google apps. after this one maybe i should get a nexus/pixel. i guess i have to use my old tablet for now.

anyway thank you very much for helping me out, as least i experienced google play store working 100% on the device for half a day, never thought that would be possible. no roms for gigaset, cannot root the normal way etc...

have to go for a common phone! :(

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
haha...looks like it is the only solution for now...had the phone for 3 months. regreted that i bought this one from China. very difficult to get google apps. after this one maybe i should get a nexus/pixel. i guess i have to use my old tablet for now.

anyway thank you very much for helping me out, as least i experienced google play store working 100% on the device for half a day, never thought that would be possible. no roms for gigaset, cannot root the normal way etc...

have to go for a common phone! :(

I can revive your phone distantly! Just tested methode and it working.
My skype: Heineken_78 (Ukraine)

Reactions: xueyaotianxia

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
added...thank you very much for helping out!

I guess we are in the same time zone? I am in South Africa (+2)...might have to go to work after a while, will be back around 18:00...

Nelson Plus

Oct 27, 2016
unable to find partition size'/oem_stanvbk'",What I need to do?THX

hi
I Root it successes,but I use factory reset failed, the error message is"unable to find partition size'/oem_stanvbk'",What I need to do?THX

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
I use to wipe from recovery and the error message is"unable to find partition size'/oem_stanvbk'",
I want to restore it but i didn't backup before,I need to looking for original rom and tey to install it,I hope that I can find the rom and it work. thank you.
I dont understand some things.
Is Android working? You have installed custom recovery? What original rom you want, your isnt original?

telemako1

Oct 31, 2016
Hello.
not fluent in English, so I'm using google translator

I'm trying to do my gigaset root in me.
in step 2 to edit my "devinfo.img" bootloader shows "00"
Which would be the next step?

thank you very much

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Hello.
not fluent in English, so I'm using google translator

I'm trying to do my gigaset root in me.
in step 2 to edit my "devinfo.img" bootloader shows "00"
Which would be the next step?

thank you very much

Do you have Pure? If yes Pure is not supported ( no recovery yet)
For Me/ Me Pro you take all risk, cos you are the first with locked bootloader (possible device was bought from official retailer in europe time ago) ! Anyway (me/pro) can be recovered from brick by qualcomm tool.
Unlocking is logical: Fix 00 to 01 in hex editor. Do it right as on picture. This will patch partition to unlock bootloader.
Now flash partition back to device: copy new devinfonew.img to sdcard. In adb shell: dd if=sdcard/devinfonew.img of=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/devinfo
Reboot, check step 2 again, then go to step 3.

Last edited:

telemako1

Oct 31, 2016
Do you have Pure? If yes Pure is not supported ( no recovery yet)
For Me/ Me Pro you take all risk, cos you are the first with locked bootloader (possible device was bought from official retailer in europe time ago) ! Anyway (me/pro) can be recovered from brick by qualcomm tool.
Unlocking is logical: Fix 00 to 01 in hex editor. Do it right as on picture. This will patch partition to unlock bootloader.
Now flash partition back to device: copy new devinfonew.img to sdcard. In adb shell: dd if=sdcard/devinfonew.img of=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/devinfo
Reboot, check step 2 again, then go to step 3.

Hi heineken78 !!
thanks for answering.
The phone is "ME"
do what you tell, modify the byte 00 to 01 with hex editor and dump the new partition devinfo.img.

and I'll tell you how it went the operation :)

telemako1

Oct 31, 2016
Hi ya he completado todos los pasos :D:D
y ahora?

------
Hi I have completed all steps :D
and now?

thanks

Last edited:

telemako1

Oct 31, 2016
You done all steps and now ask me why?
Open custom recovery (read end of first post ), make backup of system, boot, data, cache in recovery, and install root (supersu).

Hello!

English is hard to understand for me. :(

I've done so far is:

1 Activate privileges with "adb"
2 Check and unlock "devinfo" changing byte "00" to "01" with HEX editor
3 backup system
4 flashing TWRP-recovery_2.8.7.0-gigaset-me.img to recovery

up here all ok.

I restarted the phone but everything remains the same and will not let me install "su"

now not continue, I do not understand English :eek:

thank you very much for your help and your patience :cool:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
First post says in end:
....Done, you can enter recovery by pressing "volume-up: key during rebooting.
Means when phone reboot you should hold button volume up to launch recovery. There is another way to start recovery in android by tyuping: adb reboot recovery
Did you enter recovery? If you enter recovery and it remains official: 1) Repeat step 4. 2)Dont restart the phone and type: adb reboot recovery'

Last edited:

telemako1

Oct 31, 2016
OK thank you very much for the information heineken78 !! :good::good::good:

after repeating step 4 all stay running
Rooted Gigaset ME :) :)

Thanks!!!

First post says in end:

Means when phone reboot you should hold button volume up to launch recovery. There is another way to start recovery in android by tyuping: adb reboot recovery
Did you enter recovery? If you enter recovery and it remains official: 1) Repeat step 4. 2)Dont restart the phone and type: adb reboot recovery'

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest video: https://youtu.be/o6cpMa2Fo_c
    Since 01.16 update Gigaset Me and Me pro use same ROM. So read carefully and take responsibility what you are doing on you device.
    Gigaset Pure is not supported here.

GPL Source codes:
    Me/MePro/ platform tools full : http://www.gigaset.com/de_de/cms/lp/open-source.html
    Me/MePro platform tools uploaded in 1 file (gdrive): https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_81lkQEKce4bFlaRXk3dFFwQzA&export=download
    Me/MePro kernel source (my repo on github): https://github.com/Eddie07/GIgaset_Me_MePro_3.10._kernel

Terms of Usage:
    1. Everything posted on this post should be reposted with links to original post.
    2. I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone.
    3. If you are aware of bricking device by this or you don't understand some of processes described below - close this thread and leave it alone.
    4. If you agree with p.1,2,3 go on to Step2.

GIGASET secret codes:
    *#*#4636#*#* - phone info
    *#*#2580#*#* -engineer mode (wif, bt tests, usb ports, adb root (pass:gigaset001), ota settings.
    *#*#708#*#* - float system info (cpu speeds, m|b temp), shake test.
    *#*#801#*#* - wifi test.
    *#*#802#*#* - bt test.
    *#*#803#*#* - bt test 2.
    *#*#2588#*#* - factory hardware tests.
    *#*#2581#*#* - Camera callibration??.

(Only ME/MEPRO)TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY, UNBRICKING:

-FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY ON ME/MEPRO HERE
    -UNBRICK SOLUTION back to rom EU00_V1.1.20160616R ME/MEPRO (if you deleted system, recovery, boot) : BACKUPS--- UNBRICKING

(Only ME/MEPRO)CUSTOM ROMS:
    LAST CM 12.1

(Only ME/MEPRO)PATCHES TO STOCK ROM TO BE INSTALLED VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY:

LAST MY "TUNED" TWRP BACKUP https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71180342&postcount=371
    -PATCH#1 TWRP PATCH ME/MEPRO for CPU speeds uncap (1,9ghz), Thermal config fix, Fix of display size MePro HERE
    -PATCH#2 Enable 4K video recording in stock camera app HERE
    -PATCH#3 Enable Callrecording button in stock dialer app HERE
    -PATCH#4 READ DESCRIPTION HERE
    -PATCH#5 SystemUI patch HERE

ADB ROOT FOR STOCK ROM WITHOUT ROOT AND CUSTOM RECOVERY:
    - Unlocking Me/Pro abd root via factory tool hidden in rom. (usage for Gigaset Me/Pro/Pure)
    1) Type in dialer: *#*#2580#*#* to get in Engin. tool
    2) Select "priviledge" tab.
    3) Type "gigaset001" in pw field.
    Get adb root :)
    to check if is done enable USB debugging and try adb command from PC:
    "abd shell" if command prompt ends with "#" then adb is rooted, if "$"-isn't!
    4) Turn off adb root- type password again.
    Stock ROM winter patch!

Wearing gloves? No problem, your device support this function!
    This patch also combinates dialer soundrecord and camera 4k enable (patches2/3)

Make system and boot backups in recovery before flashing!!!

patch 4: ------------------------------

-updates TWRP recovery 3.0.2-2b -cpu's cooldown enabled/mod htc
    -fixes physical screen sizes (5/5,5 -Me/Mepro)/ Mod heineken
    -add glove mode (settings/display)/ mod Heineken
    -fixes apk installing and security errors in some locales/ Mod heineken/runner_cz
    -removes unneeded apks: Bugbox.apk, MobileService.apk
    -includes Camera 4K fix, enable Soundrecorder in dialer, unlock 1,8-1,9ghz CPU speed/ mod Heineken

enjoy ---------------------------------

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DGOBuVxY2ZWmNLckNJLXRzX3c
    Apply (install) via TWRP recovery.
    Easy way to flash Custom recovery TWRP on stock ROM.

You can flash custom recovery in QUALCOMM download mode (EDL):
    1) download this zip and unpack https://drive.google.com/open?id=158X5m8uH9k3cyUdc2bwbIHohOu-BGWeQ (emmcdl for Linux users)
    2) install driver included in zip. For win10 clock on exe of driver and set compatibility to "older version", and then run as administrator.
    3) Remove usb, switch off the phone, then press vol down and hold, plug usb. You should see new device in device manager in com ports."Qualcomm HS-..9008". Check number of comport (ex. com3).
    https%3A%2F%2Fs14.postimg.org%2F96znmli01%2F9008.jpg

4) in cmd type (example for COMport 3):
    You need now to flash recovery partition:

emmcdl -p COM3 -f prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn -b recovery twrp-recovery.img

After when download is done - keep two buttons pressed: vol+ and power until you feel vibration, then release power and keep vol+ until you are in recovery.
    Update to flash via TWRP:
    TWRP 3.0.2 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69822800&postcount=117
    TWRP patch #3 Callrecord enable

PATCH #3. To be installed via TWRP:

Enabling callrecord button in dialer

Install zip:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DGOBuVxY2ZSnJzX1FMbFY5VEE
    ME/MEPRO: DEODEXED Stock EU ROM

Here is stock deodexed EU ROM (EU00_V1.1.20160616R) who wants to use xposed.
    Is not rooted, has no modded boot or apps.
    To be installed via TWRP, better to make a wipe after install.
    Be sure to make a backup of system and boot before installation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DGOBuVxY2ZTUlGdW5kaFZCSHc