Letting this thread die -- too long -- use as reference only

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
ALPHA #4 of CM9/ICS for Droid 3

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

An OMAP4 optimized build using CM9/AOSP sources. I used some of the published Moto Source from D3 and RAZR where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running.

Download Link Here

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Or follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.

Temporary Workarounds:

- For GSM/WCDMA users please enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

What is working in this build:

Fixed Data usage stats
Removed useless FM radio apps
SD Card change: internal = /sdcard, external = /sdcard-ext (just like Motorola setup)
Facebook sync
Voice search fixed
Trebuchet as launcher (Nebkat rules)
Many hard keyboard issues resolved (including B key! Thanks to Tezet)
Bugfixes from Alpha #1
Embedded GApps (for now)
Larger default apns-conf.xml file for international use
Embedded WirelessTether app
3G Data
Audio
phone is connected to the network
Wifi
GPS
Bluetooth
SD Cards (needs testing again)
HW Accelerated Graphics (RenderScript apps will have issues -- like Web Browser)
Adbd

What isn't working:

Camera (in progress)
Some Codecs (in progress)

Screenshots:
droid3-ics-home.png
droid3-ics-settings-phone.png

Last edited:

GoogleAndroid

Oct 2, 2010
xD Nothing works. But previewing ICS is really cool. Does it still have the flashing issue from the previous build?

Reactions: Sal R.

GoogleAndroid

Oct 2, 2010
This build doesn't crash alot like the last one. You can really see how smooth the UI is.

And what flashing issue did you have?

Awesome. By flashing, I meant how the screen would go black and the weird Chinese error messages would pop up. That got in the way of seeing how smooth it was. For the few seconds it didn't crash, it was very smooth.

ryanmcdonald

Jan 5, 2011
Does this mean you have decided.....

Does this mean you have decided to use your development time with ICS rather than finish CM7? So far, your CM7 is coming along nicely, but without video cam support, I may have to go back to a non AOSP build which I don't want to do. Can you tell us if you intend to work on CM7? Personally, I'm far more interested in a clean CM7 than ICS.

Thanks again!
-Ryan

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Does this mean you have decided to use your development time with ICS rather than finish CM7? So far, your CM7 is coming along nicely, but without video cam support, I may have to go back to a non AOSP build which I don't want to do. Can you tell us if you intend to work on CM7? Personally, I'm far more interested in a clean CM7 than ICS.

Thanks again!
-Ryan

I do intend to jump back into CM7 and clean up some of the open issues. But, I'm on heavy grind seeing how far this ICS build can go and how quickly.

As far as I know making the camera / camcorder work in ICS will be easier than in CM7. But, I haven't gotten into that section yet. It's the ICS audio that worries me.

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Hash, you sir, are a boss in every sense of the word!! I'll be following this thread to see how things develop…keep up the outstanding work!!

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

kshen1

Sep 3, 2011
I heard people are flashing this over CM7 without wiping o_O

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Cdjones187

Dec 16, 2010
Iowa
Before I ran this I was all for you keeping on CM7, but after playing around I think ICS is a MUCH BETTER investment of your time! 10 days in (give or take) and this is what is to show, pretty amazing if you ask me!

You live up to you name Hash, keep up the great work we appreciate it =]

Ohh_Trenton

May 18, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Before I ran this I was all for you keeping on CM7, but after playing around I think ICS is a MUCH BETTER investment of your time! 10 days in (give or take) and this is what is to show, pretty amazing if you ask me!

You live up to you name Hash, keep up the great work we appreciate it =]

I agree! I didn't really care for ICS but now that I got to play with it, I'm excited

"Dear McDonald's, no one wants to eat lunch at 10:30. Sincerely, breakfast should end at 12:00" -Trenton Blakley

Reactions: BornDroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALPHA #4 of CM9/ICS for Droid 3

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

An OMAP4 optimized build using CM9/AOSP sources. I used some of the published Moto Source from D3 and RAZR where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running.

Download Link Here

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
    http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.

Temporary Workarounds:

- For GSM/WCDMA users please enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

What is working in this build:

Fixed Data usage stats
    Removed useless FM radio apps
    SD Card change: internal = /sdcard, external = /sdcard-ext (just like Motorola setup)
    Facebook sync
    Voice search fixed
    Trebuchet as launcher (Nebkat rules)
    Many hard keyboard issues resolved (including B key! Thanks to Tezet)
    Bugfixes from Alpha #1
    Embedded GApps (for now)
    Larger default apns-conf.xml file for international use
    Embedded WirelessTether app
    3G Data
    Audio
    phone is connected to the network
    Wifi
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    SD Cards (needs testing again)
    HW Accelerated Graphics (RenderScript apps will have issues -- like Web Browser)
    Adbd

What isn't working:

Camera (in progress)
    Some Codecs (in progress)

Screenshots:
    droid3-ics-home.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone.png
    Fix For Home Key!!!!!

guys i just figured out why button remapper wasnt working on the d3 and figured out how to fix it. just move the attached files into /system/usr/keylayout reboot and your home key will be fully functional!:)
    http://t.co/AScWERTj
    http://t.co/W2AW6vUT
    i also recommend backing up your current ones
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delays. Building times isn't really the issue. I probably do about 5-6 builds a night. And if I had to guess, I'd say about 30-40 GB for ICS files. I keep Gingerbread active as well for Safestrap builds and that's another good bit (20GB).

It's the right build to release that I'm looking for. Unlike Bionic which doesn't have the hard keyboard f'ing things up, I still have rotational issues and an MIA "B" key. I worked till 5am last night on the rotation, but it's a lot of digging through code and then testing different theories out.

I love that you guys are so excited to see advancements in the ICS build.

If I can't fix rotation or the B key issue tonight, I'll put a build out anyway.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
    Tonight, I debugged the keyboard a bit, and fixed quite a few errors (including the HOME key). I couldn't get the "b" key working at all.

Its so weird. I see debug logs showing the button click, but it just doesn't want to print. I'm tracing code to see where it gets lost.

The hard keyboard will probably need even more tweaks in the future to support shift key state/alt key state and their related LEDs.

Right now you have to hold shift / alt down and hit the other key at the same time to see the alternate output.

Slightly related is the rotation issue: The hard keyboard is being recognized as an external attachment (like a bluetooth keyboard would be.) New to ICS is a device config file, and I'm setting one up for the keyboard to let the OS know that it's an internal keyboard, etc.

3G data is officially janky in ICS. It doesn't work quite the same way as GB, and I'm in the process of coming up with a fix for it. (I can tweak the phone to GSM and then back to CDMA and sometimes it comes up. But that's not a real solution.)

Audio is working in all capacities as the CM7 build (no docks working yet- need to decompile the APKs which support them). However, I noticed some memory allocation errors when streaming audio, etc. So I'm back to sorting out syslink/tiler mem issues, which *should* fix up all of the multimedia glitches.

Not sure if working audio alone warrants a new build.. what do you think?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
    In the OP I put up a quick build with 3G working (12/18). This is basically my debug build, because my son is sick and I'll have limited time for the rest of the day.

However, I expect to clean this up, and fix Market FCs tonight/tomorrow and put up the first Alpha build soon. That build should support network swapping for CDMA/GSM. But as always testing will be needed.

Once I upgrade to Alpha, I'll open up the tracker again for ICS/CM9 bugs.

Have fun.