[MOD] Android 4.2 Transformation Pack for HTC Sensation

Search This thread

Plancton.fr

Jan 23, 2011
Lyon
Hi guys :)

I've seen this on the Galaxy Nexus forum, and I wanted to "port" it to our HTC Sensation ;)
After a few hours of work and tests, the .zip is finally here :D

Don't forget that the original work is from tommrazek01 and doomed151 ! So don't forget to thank them -> HERE <- !
I also take the patched version of Camera and Gallery from Jiggs82 and the Keyboard from Ultrakiller :) So don't forget to thank them -> HERE <- and -> HERE <- :D

I hadn't just take some files from the devs, I also modify some things to make it work better (remember that the Android Keyboard from Ultrakiller can't work (FC) if you remove the old Keyboard, it's fixed here !) :)

It's just a simple .zip, that you flash from recovery :)

Features :

- Fully working Android 4.2 Keyboard, independant from the old who is removed during the installation, without FC:

3583521701.png
9495427002.png

- Fully working Camera (8Mpx, 1080p recording, if your ROM support it)!

- Photosphere is working!

- New gallery app:

2240424406.png

- New clock app:

8359373407.png
8712232608.png

- New timer (included in clock app):

2516236909.png
5088832310.png

- New stopwatch (also included in clock app):

8525944911.png
7592049112.png

- There is also the new Gmail app, who had Pinch-to-zoom in it !

- The new Play Store.

- The new Google Ears (Google equivalent for Soundhound).

- The new launcher.

- All the sounds (UI, ringtones, notifications...) from Jelly Bean 4.2 are included !

- The brand new wallpapers too (Long clic on desktop -> select "Launcher Wallpaper") :D

- The new lockscreen clock font :)

6111685913.png

Installation :

It's a simple .zip :p

You just need to put it on your SD card, flash it with your recovery and reboot, THAT'S ALL !
You don't need to wipe cache or Dalvik-cache before or after the flash, enable something in the ROM after the flash or anything else, it's just that simple ;)

Changelog :

v1.0: Initial release

Download :

- Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2oypjyatv9dmnd
- 4shared: http://www.4shared.com/zip/MTTbsku5/Android_42_TransformPack_Pyram.html

Please do not mirror my work...

If you like, enjoyed my work, don't forget to hit the THANK button, it's simple, fast, free and it can make my day ;)

Last edited:

MaxxieB

Feb 19, 2011
Ipswich
This is great thanks, makes my life much easier haha. Downloading now will tell you how it goes.

Edit: its working all great!! Love it thanks!

Sent from my HTC Sensation CM10 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: Andreasweet

Plancton.fr

Jan 23, 2011
Lyon
Yes ;)
Only tested on CyanogenMod 10...
But during the instalation, the script make a backup of your original Keyboard, Camera and clock app, the backup is made on your SD card, so if you are having a single problem you can easily replace the flashed apps with the backuped one ;)

And if you are very scary, Nandroid backups are made for that...

Sent from my HTC Sensation powered by CyanogenMod 10.

haran_rulez

Sep 27, 2008
I was looking for something exactly like this... This would help a lot... Am downloading and will test right away....

thanks for doing this for us....

Cheers, Hari

teefa_1985

Dec 30, 2007
Cairo
Working on ViperS 1.3.5:
1. the new gallery
2. the new camera with sphere
3. the new gmail
4. the new keyboard
Not working:
1. the new clock
2. the lockscreen clock font
3. the new launcher
Not tried:
1. the new google ears
2. the new play store
3. the new sounds
4. the new wallpapers

Last edited:

nicoboum

Apr 25, 2011
Hello,

On CM10 :
- Gallery and APN work great.
- Launcher works too, even if I hardly can see a difference ;)
- GMail, Play Store and Clock work too.

- Google Ears does not seem to work, I can't see any new widget.. Have I missed something ?

Thank you for your work !

Gustave17

Jan 21, 2012
OnePlus 6
Huawei MatePad Pro
Hi,

Thanks a lot for this, work well for me !!!

Only one bug, I use Swiftkey as keyboard by default and after flash your mod I can't change my keyboard.
In settings->language -> I have "L'application "Paramètres" s'est arrêtée"
So, I can't test it ... I can't set/change keyboard type and settings.

Plancton.fr

Jan 23, 2011
Lyon
Could you also make an inverted version of these apps? Thanks!

I will make it and upload it in 4/5 hours :)

Working on ViperS 1.3.5:
1. the new gallery
3. the new gmail
4. the new keyboard
Not working:
1. the new clock
3. the new launcher
Not tried:
1. the new google ears
2. the new play store
3. the new sounds
4. the new wallpapers

On ViperS and every Sense ROM not all the things can work... Like the Lockscreen font because for example Sense don't use the same directory for his fonts !
Remember that this apps are AOSP based and use it on an non-AOSP ROM (such as Sense or official MIUI which is Sense based) can result in a FC...

Hello,

On CM10 :

- Google Ears does not seem to work, I can't see any new widget.. Have I missed something ?

It depends on your country ! Google ears is a Google music part and if your country doesn't "support" Google music, Google ears is freezed :p
If you want to use it you must download Titanium Backup and defreeze the app :)

Hi,

Only one bug, I use Swiftkey as keyboard by default and after flash your mod I can't change my keyboard.

I will test it :) I also use Swiftkey as a daily driver but I didn't have time today to install it :p

will it work on my latest AOKP rom .....

It must work because it's an AOSP ROM ;) The best thing to do is to test it ;)

TJD319

Aug 15, 2010
Allentown
All 4.2 Apps with Flashable ZIPs

OK i would like to try to help some people who might have questions or concerns about adding these 4.2 apps to their current ROM.

I would like to refer everyone to this great thread right here:
[UPDATED NOV6]Android 4.2 GAPPS GWALLET Launcher + Wallpapers + Sounds Mega Thread

This is where I have been getting downloads for various 4.2 Apps.

However, certain things you all should know before blindly flashing:
  • 4.2 Launcher - will only work with AOSP Jelly Bean ROMs.
  • 4.2 Desk Clock - will only work with AOSP Jelly Bean ROMs
  • 4.2 Lockscreen Font - will only work with AOSP JB ROMs (because of the AOSP JB Lockscreen)
  • 4.2 Cam/Gallery - will work on any ROM but will work best with AOSP JB (certain features are broken on other ROMs), FFC recording seems to be broken (cause FC), but works for photo.
  • 4.2 Google Ears - not working on ViperS v1.3.5 so most likely won't work unless you have an AOSP JB ROM.

All other apps should work fine on Sense 3.6 and Sense 4+ ROMs, however, some APKs might require being placed in the system/app folder to fully work. I have applied various different 4.2 Camera's in an attempt to find the best one. The best on so far comes from the link i provided above. I have not flashed this "MOD" though because I already have the files in place...but is this even a "Mod"? Seems more like just upgraded APKs... but i digress.

I am currently running ViperS 1.3.5 (Sense 4.1) and here's a list of applications and how they behaved:
  • 4.2 GMail - works perfectly, but must be placed in System/App to function properly.
  • 4.2 System Sounds - replace in system/media and you will have Nexus 4 sounds.
  • 4.2 Wallpapers - pretty self explanatory, put on SD card and view thru Gallery app.
  • 4.2 Google Wallet - works fine for me, but i added it to system/app just to ensure it would work.
  • 4.2 Google Music - works great for me, I installed to make sure it worked and it did (uninstalled since i prefer Sense music player).
  • 4.2 Play Store - (v3.9.17) worked fine through regular update method. Also works in system/app.
  • 4.2 Google Ears - replaced the old one in system/app and still works the same.

The reason I posted the link above for everyone is because it has a full comprehensive One-by-One list of all the 4.2 apps along with flashable ZIPs for each and some modded versions as well. There is an Emoji keyboard, which worked for me, but I really have no idea how to use it, so I removed it. The camera they posted has working Photosphere with Sphereview (this allows you to view your 3D files in a 3D-type environment). The reason we did not have this feature before was because we were missing a specific app from the ZIP which must be present for it to work. It also has 1080p recording enabled for the video player as well. Not sure about the one included in the OP's "MOD" package, but for those who want the full Photosphere effect, download the 4.2 Camera from the linked post above, or check the quote below:

Android 4.2 Camera:
Here is my latest flashable zip.
It contains all the files provided by dmmarck.
GalleryGoogle.apk [The actual Camera and Gallery]
GmsCore.apk [Sphereview]
libjni_filtershow_filters.so [PhotoEditing in Gallery]
libjni_mosaic.so [Panorama Photo]
linlightcycle.so [Photosphere]
The GalleryGoogle.apk is the modded one from androidpolice.

That make the working/not working list look like this:
1. Panorama.
2. Photosphere. (requires gyroscope?)
3. Photo editing.
4. Sphereview.
5. All ordinary camera/video functions.
6. Should work on ALL phones.

For gallery to not FC when rendering Sphere shots, change your system language to English (United States).
This will also make Sphereview work!

http://d-h.st/aIy

Hope that this helps people. A lot of these 4.2 apps are just easy upgrades to a lot of apps we currently have, but some do require AOSP-based ROMs (JB only) to work. I have installed a lot of these myself and have been very pleased with the new 4.2 apps, so i thought I'd share my findings and try to assist others with directing you to the best downloads (most features working).

EDIT:
Google Ears from 4.2 does not work. It shows up on widget list but does not work. Reverted back to the old version, which works fine.

Last edited:

nicoboum

Apr 25, 2011
It depends on your country ! Google ears is a Google music part and if your country doesn't "support" Google music, Google ears is freezed :p

It was indeed freezed !
I was able to place a widget on the homescreen, I'll test it ASAP.
Thank you very much ! :D

DMen81

Jan 17, 2012
Hi,

If u use swiftkey n like the jelly bean keyboard, u will love the new 4.2 keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

This Mod sounds great BTW, I'm currently running viper ROM on the sensation but will try on an AOSP jelly bean ROM to get the full android 4.2 experience. Thanks!

Plancton.fr

Jan 23, 2011
Lyon
It was indeed freezed !
I was able to place a widget on the homescreen, I'll test it ASAP.
Thank you very much ! :D

You're welcome ;) Enjoy it now :D

If u use swiftkey n like the jelly bean keyboard, u will love the new 4.2 keyboard.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

This Mod sounds great BTW, I'm currently running viper ROM on the sensation but will try on an AOSP jelly bean ROM to get the full android 4.2 experience. Thanks!

I don't enjoy this new keyboard a lot... The swype function isn't really working (in french) compared to Swype keyboard !
Swiftkey has the best dictionary and prediction algorithm ! That's why I think Swiftkey is the best keyboard available for Android ;)

OK i would like to try to help some people who might have questions or concerns about adding these 4.2 apps to their current ROM.

[UPDATED NOV6]Android 4.2 GAPPS GWALLET Launcher + Wallpapers + Sounds Mega Thread

• 4.2 Lockscreen Font - will only work with AOSP JB ROMs (because of the AOSP JB Lockscreen)
  • 4.2 Cam/Gallery - will work on any ROM but will work best with AOSP JB (certain features are broken on other ROMs), FFC recording seems to be broken (cause FC), but works for photo.

All other apps should work fine on Sense 3.6 and Sense 4+ ROMs, however, some APKs might require being placed in the system/app folder to fully work. I have applied various different 4.2 Camera's in an attempt to find the best one. The best on so far comes from the link i provided above. I have not flashed this "MOD" though because I already have the files in place...but is this even a "Mod"? Seems more like just upgraded APKs... but i digress.

I am currently running ViperS 1.3.5 (Sense 4.1) and here's a list of applications and how they behaved:
  • 4.2 GMail - works perfectly, but must be placed in System/App to function properly.
  • 4.2 Wallpapers - pretty self explanatory, put on SD card and view thru Gallery app.
  • 4.2 Google Wallet - works fine for me, but i added it to system/app just to ensure it would work.
  • 4.2 Google Music - works great for me, I installed to make sure it worked and it did (uninstalled since i prefer Sense music player).
  • 4.2 Play Store - (v3.9.17) worked fine through regular update method. Also works in system/app.
  • 4.2 Google Ears - replaced the old one in system/app and still works the same.

The reason I posted the link above for everyone is because it has a full comprehensive One-by-One list of all the 4.2 apps along with flashable ZIPs for each and some modded versions as well. There is an Emoji keyboard, which worked for me, but I really have no idea how to use it, so I removed it. The camera they posted has working Photosphere with Sphereview (this allows you to view your 3D files in a 3D-type environment). The reason we did not have this feature before was because we were missing a specific app from the ZIP which must be present for it to work. It also has 1080p recording enabled for the video player as well. Not sure about the one included in the OP's "MOD" package, but for those who want the full Photosphere effect, download the 4.2 Camera from the linked post above, or check the quote below:

[…]

Hope that this helps people. A lot of these 4.2 apps are just easy upgrades to a lot of apps we currently have, but some do require AOSP-based ROMs (JB only) to work. I have installed a lot of these myself and have been very pleased with the new 4.2 apps, so i thought I'd share my findings and try to assist others with directing you to the best downloads (most features working).

EDIT:
Google Ears from 4.2 does not work. It shows up on widget list but does not work. Reverted back to the old version, which works fine.

The only thing my zip doesn't have compared to the zip you are talking about is Google wallet !
Everything is woking perfectly on AOSP with my zip !

I included all the library needed for the apps to work ! So Camera app is fully working (Photosphere, 1080p etc.) !

As I said in my previous post if some apps doesn't work on Sense or any non-AOSP ROMs it's because all apps are AOSP based ! So there is some compatibility problems.

And I don't know why people who are using Sense wants this system apps... Sense already have all these function except photosphere ! The new clock app is great because it has a built-in Timer and stopwatch, so it's better than the 4.1 AOSP clock app but the Sense one already have it...

Google ears is working fine for me ;)
yjequ9e9.jpg

tebaze5u.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ericot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys :)

I've seen this on the Galaxy Nexus forum, and I wanted to "port" it to our HTC Sensation ;)
    After a few hours of work and tests, the .zip is finally here :D

Don't forget that the original work is from tommrazek01 and doomed151 ! So don't forget to thank them -> HERE <- !
    I also take the patched version of Camera and Gallery from Jiggs82 and the Keyboard from Ultrakiller :) So don't forget to thank them -> HERE <- and -> HERE <- :D

I hadn't just take some files from the devs, I also modify some things to make it work better (remember that the Android Keyboard from Ultrakiller can't work (FC) if you remove the old Keyboard, it's fixed here !) :)

It's just a simple .zip, that you flash from recovery :)

Features :

- Fully working Android 4.2 Keyboard, independant from the old who is removed during the installation, without FC:

3583521701.png
    9495427002.png

- Fully working Camera (8Mpx, 1080p recording, if your ROM support it)!

- Photosphere is working!

- New gallery app:

2240424406.png

- New clock app:

8359373407.png
    8712232608.png

- New timer (included in clock app):

2516236909.png
    5088832310.png

- New stopwatch (also included in clock app):

8525944911.png
    7592049112.png

- There is also the new Gmail app, who had Pinch-to-zoom in it !

- The new Play Store.

- The new Google Ears (Google equivalent for Soundhound).

- The new launcher.

- All the sounds (UI, ringtones, notifications...) from Jelly Bean 4.2 are included !

- The brand new wallpapers too (Long clic on desktop -> select "Launcher Wallpaper") :D

- The new lockscreen clock font :)

6111685913.png

Installation :

It's a simple .zip :p

You just need to put it on your SD card, flash it with your recovery and reboot, THAT'S ALL !
    You don't need to wipe cache or Dalvik-cache before or after the flash, enable something in the ROM after the flash or anything else, it's just that simple ;)

Changelog :

v1.0: Initial release

Download :

- Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2oypjyatv9dmnd
    - 4shared: http://www.4shared.com/zip/MTTbsku5/Android_42_TransformPack_Pyram.html

Please do not mirror my work...

If you like, enjoyed my work, don't forget to hit the THANK button, it's simple, fast, free and it can make my day ;)
    Working on ViperS 1.3.5:
    1. the new gallery
    3. the new gmail
    4. the new keyboard
    Not working:
    1. the new clock
    3. the new launcher
    Not tried:
    1. the new google ears
    2. the new play store
    3. the new sounds
    4. the new wallpapers
    Could you also make an inverted version of these apps? Thanks!

I will make it and upload it in 4/5 hours :)

Working on ViperS 1.3.5:
    1. the new gallery
    3. the new gmail
    4. the new keyboard
    Not working:
    1. the new clock
    3. the new launcher
    Not tried:
    1. the new google ears
    2. the new play store
    3. the new sounds
    4. the new wallpapers

On ViperS and every Sense ROM not all the things can work... Like the Lockscreen font because for example Sense don't use the same directory for his fonts !
    Remember that this apps are AOSP based and use it on an non-AOSP ROM (such as Sense or official MIUI which is Sense based) can result in a FC...

Hello,

On CM10 :

Hi,

I will test it :) I also use Swiftkey as a daily driver but I didn't have time today to install it :p

will it work on my latest AOKP rom .....

It must work because it's an AOSP ROM ;) The best thing to do is to test it ;)

Yes ;)
    Only tested on CyanogenMod 10...
    But during the instalation, the script make a backup of your original Keyboard, Camera and clock app, the backup is made on your SD card, so if you are having a single problem you can easily replace the flashed apps with the backuped one ;)

And if you are very scary, Nandroid backups are made for that...

All 4.2 Apps with Flashable ZIPs

• 4.2 Google Ears - not working on ViperS v1.3.5 so most likely won't work unless you have an AOSP JB ROM.

Android 4.2 Camera:
    Here is my latest flashable zip.
    It contains all the files provided by dmmarck.
    GalleryGoogle.apk [The actual Camera and Gallery]
    GmsCore.apk [Sphereview]
    libjni_filtershow_filters.so [PhotoEditing in Gallery]
    libjni_mosaic.so [Panorama Photo]
    linlightcycle.so [Photosphere]
    The GalleryGoogle.apk is the modded one from androidpolice.

That make the working/not working list look like this:
    1. Panorama.
    2. Photosphere. (requires gyroscope?)
    3. Photo editing.
    4. Sphereview.
    5. All ordinary camera/video functions.
    6. Should work on ALL phones.

For gallery to not FC when rendering Sphere shots, change your system language to English (United States).
    This will also make Sphereview work!

http://d-h.st/aIy

EDIT: