pop-up appearing on main android screen

Search This thread

guyenxda000

Oct 16, 2010
Recently installed cyanogenmod and installed few additional application however, starting few days ago, lot of popup with advertisement showing up on main screen which is testing my nerve. These are not in-app popup shows up usually in the app screen. IT shows up on main screen. I am bit not sure on how to get rid of it. Once popup it will disappear if I hit any button therefore it is hard to say where the source is from. There is nothing in the status bar. Anyone has suggestion?

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
Recently installed cyanogenmod and installed few additional application however, starting few days ago, lot of popup with advertisement showing up on main screen which is testing my nerve. These are not in-app popup shows up usually in the app screen. IT shows up on main screen. I am bit not sure on how to get rid of it. Once popup it will disappear if I hit any button therefore it is hard to say where the source is from. There is nothing in the status bar. Anyone has suggestion?

Try an ad-away app

guyenxda000

Oct 16, 2010
Cannot find that app in play store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Cruz77321

May 20, 2009
Pop up ads

Use AVG AntiVirus. You have a malware app on your phone. You can uninstall the app in 'settings'. The problem is finding the malicious program because the name is cleverly masked to deceive you that is an actual system program. AVG should be able to find the app.

Scripts

Dec 14, 2013
I suggest you scan using bitdefender or avast as well as uninstalling the apps you installed before or do a complete reset. Otherwise you're in bad shape.

Sent from ALCATEL One Touch Fierce