Backup stock 4.4.2 ROM and apps/settings before unlocking/rooting?

Search This thread

WiKDMoNKY

Nov 22, 2005
Orange, CA
I have been waiting for 4.4.2 before I rooted my One. Is there a way to backup everything before I do it? I know unlocking the bootloader wipes the phone, I am just trying to save the hassle of redoing everything if I can. I don't think there was a way to backup a stock ROM last time I did this.

This is my second One. The first was unlocked, rooted, S-off and running ARHD. I had a hardware issue and got the phone replaced via insurance (I bricked the phone trying to go back to stock) and HTC would not fix it because it was unlocked (should have kept my mouth shut!).

I am familiar with the tools to unlock/root my phone as of 4 or 5 months ago. Has anything changed or are there bettor tools/exploits now? I just want to run the stock ROM rooted and have no need for S-off.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
You can temporarily boot into a recovery rather than flash it and make a backup from there, including your stock recovery. If your unlocking and rooting your one, why do you not want S-Off. It's a get out of jail free card when everything else fails

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app