Speakers on the bottom

Search This thread

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Just curious. I have had this phone for about two weeks. I love it. One thing that's kinda odd is the speakers on the bottom. So when I'm holding it in landscape mode playing a game it disrupts the sound and it's muffled and quite. Anyone else feel the same way? Not a big deal. Just a minor inconvenience.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Tjotte

Oct 3, 2008
Stockholm
Yes it's very easy to block the speaker while playing in landscape, design flaw I suppose but can be avoided by adjusting one's grip on the phone. Still happens every now and then when I'm not careful.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
Yea it is a known issue. Maybe you can remove the back cover and drill holes to the back aligned with the bottom holes.
Then maybe sound can escape from the back.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Most phones have had speakers on the bottom or on the back that result in muffling when holding it.

Owning a Nexus 7 2013, I really miss the stereo sound from it. It is really the only thing I wish my G2 did differently, although I don't know how they'd incorporate a "top" speaker without making it look ugly.

radiantbits

May 7, 2012
radiantbits.com
Most phones have had speakers on the bottom or on the back that result in muffling when holding it.

Owning a Nexus 7 2013, I really miss the stereo sound from it. It is really the only thing I wish my G2 did differently, although I don't know how they'd incorporate a "top" speaker without making it look ugly.

Initially, I considered two speakers on the bottom of G2 as "stereo", but later I found that this is actually a single speaker with "stereo" design :(