[APP][4.0.3+] Android device & operating system monitor app

Search This thread

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I would like to invite you all to check out Device Monitor & Inspector.
If you don't like the ads you are welcome the buy the premium version.
Please send feedback to contact@zikkapp.com.
Below is the description from Google Play. Enjoy!

Device Monitor & Inspector helps you learn more about your Android device and operating system.
The app displays detailed and accurate information about operating system processes, CPU utilization,
device storage, random access memory, battery statistics and information, installed apps,
WiFi network information, internet connections, mobile network information, device hardware
software and firmware information, sensors and more.
The device and operating system information provided by the app is displayed in 8 screens as detailed below:
System & Processes - Operating system boot time, CPU utilization (system mode, user mode and idle times),
detailed information regarding operating system processes divided to apps including the total number of processes,
total memory usage, CPU utilization and total number of threads. Here you can also kill background processes of a specific app.
Storage & Memory - Device storage statistics, memory statistics (RAM) and detailed operating system memory management information.
Battery - Battery charge level, health, charge status, power source, temperature, battery voltage and battery technology.
Apps - Detailed information regarding apps installed on the device including total size, data usage, version, installation date,
last update date and app permissions. Here you can also delete apps.
Network - Internet connectivity state and type, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, WiFi network name, signal strength, link speed, MAC address,
DNS, gateway, netmask and DHCP server, and detailed information regarding network connections including the app to which the connection
belongs, the local IP address, the remote IP address and the connection state.
Telephony - detailed telephony and mobile network information including telephony type (for example GSM or CDMA), subscriber ID
(for example IMSI for GSM phones and MIN for CDMA phones), telephony software version,
device ID (for example IMEI for GSM phones and MEID or ESN for CDMA phones), service provider, network operator, network type,
(for example GSM, UMTS, LTE and CDMA) signal strength, service state (for example normal service and limited service),
network selection type (automatic or manual), data network type (for example GPRS, HSPA+ and LTE) and data state (UL and DL traffic).
Device - Detailed device information including device model, manufacturer, brand, hardware, screen resolution and density, CPU information
(model, number of cores, speed, manufacturer, instruction set and features) and detailed sensors information including type, vendor,
range, resolution, electric current and minimum delay between events.
Software & Firmware - Android operating system version, Linux kernel version, GCC version, baseband version, bootloader, build ID
and a list of device drivers installed on the operating system.
In addition, you can use the app's battery and network widgets to stay up to date with the device's battery and network statistics.

Last edited:

rbrandser

Jan 7, 2013
North pole
2a4ygyny.jpg

Nice, geeky app :D
Yeah, I'm a sucker for stats. Pretty awesome, and nice & clean design.
So, according to your app my HTC one m7 battery has 0v. ;)

(σˋ▽ˊ)σ

Weetbix

Feb 1, 2010
Kariong
Nice :thumbup:

2 things though:

1. Under storage it makes no mention of the fact that I have an extra Sd card... Would just seem more complete if it had something about that in there

2. Under the network section what are the chances of seeing what process/app is using the connection on my phone? It's all well and good seeing there is a connection open to somewhere, but knowing what to kill without digging around in a terminal would be easier

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
2a4ygyny.jpg

Nice, geeky app :D
Yeah, I'm a sucker for stats. Pretty awesome, and nice & clean design.
So, according to your app my HTC one m7 battery has 0v. ;)

(σˋ▽ˊ)σ

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to find some kind of workaround for this issue - see updated APK,
or better yet wait for Google Play update. Not sure if it works, but at least now if doesn't the voltage
will be "unknown" :eek:

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
Nice :thumbup:

2 things though:

1. Under storage it makes no mention of the fact that I have an extra Sd card... Would just seem more complete if it had something about that in there

2. Under the network section what are the chances of seeing what process/app is using the connection on my phone? It's all well and good seeing there is a connection open to somewhere, but knowing what to kill without digging around in a terminal would be easier

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the feedback. Made some changes - see attached updated APK (or better yet wait for Google lay update).
You can now kill background processes from the network section.
As for the SD card issue - there is a temporary workaround, hope it works. A better solution will be provided later on.

rbrandser

Jan 7, 2013
North pole
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to find some kind of workaround for this issue - see updated APK,
or better yet wait for Google Play update. Not sure if it works, but at least now if doesn't the voltage
will be "unknown" :eek:

Yes, now it reports 3.00mV, I guess it's supposed to be 3V. No biggie. :)

Oh, and in telephony, signal strength should be on top of list, and also include asu value, that's my favorite. :p

Last edited:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Yes, quite nifty.

Note, gives maximum possible (at-your-own-risk) CPU speed, not actual set min, max and current.
Used Xposed appsettings to get more balanced text and icon display.

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
Keep the feedback coming

Thank you all for your feedback - please keep it coming.
The upcoming version will be based on your comments and suggestions,
so please do not hesitate!

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
I do have a suggestion. Can you possibly add if you have tripped the Knox counter? That would be very helpful to alot of people

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Team Member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to invite you all to check out Device Monitor & Inspector.
    If you don't like the ads you are welcome the buy the premium version.
    Please send feedback to contact@zikkapp.com.
    Below is the description from Google Play. Enjoy!

Device Monitor & Inspector helps you learn more about your Android device and operating system.
    The app displays detailed and accurate information about operating system processes, CPU utilization,
    device storage, random access memory, battery statistics and information, installed apps,
    WiFi network information, internet connections, mobile network information, device hardware
    software and firmware information, sensors and more.
    The device and operating system information provided by the app is displayed in 8 screens as detailed below:
    System & Processes - Operating system boot time, CPU utilization (system mode, user mode and idle times),
    detailed information regarding operating system processes divided to apps including the total number of processes,
    total memory usage, CPU utilization and total number of threads. Here you can also kill background processes of a specific app.
    Storage & Memory - Device storage statistics, memory statistics (RAM) and detailed operating system memory management information.
    Battery - Battery charge level, health, charge status, power source, temperature, battery voltage and battery technology.
    Apps - Detailed information regarding apps installed on the device including total size, data usage, version, installation date,
    last update date and app permissions. Here you can also delete apps.
    Network - Internet connectivity state and type, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, WiFi network name, signal strength, link speed, MAC address,
    DNS, gateway, netmask and DHCP server, and detailed information regarding network connections including the app to which the connection
    belongs, the local IP address, the remote IP address and the connection state.
    Telephony - detailed telephony and mobile network information including telephony type (for example GSM or CDMA), subscriber ID
    (for example IMSI for GSM phones and MIN for CDMA phones), telephony software version,
    device ID (for example IMEI for GSM phones and MEID or ESN for CDMA phones), service provider, network operator, network type,
    (for example GSM, UMTS, LTE and CDMA) signal strength, service state (for example normal service and limited service),
    network selection type (automatic or manual), data network type (for example GPRS, HSPA+ and LTE) and data state (UL and DL traffic).
    Device - Detailed device information including device model, manufacturer, brand, hardware, screen resolution and density, CPU information
    (model, number of cores, speed, manufacturer, instruction set and features) and detailed sensors information including type, vendor,
    range, resolution, electric current and minimum delay between events.
    Software & Firmware - Android operating system version, Linux kernel version, GCC version, baseband version, bootloader, build ID
    and a list of device drivers installed on the operating system.
    In addition, you can use the app's battery and network widgets to stay up to date with the device's battery and network statistics.
    New version available

Hi everyone,

The new version includes
    a new darker design as requested by several users.
    The paid version also includes
    a light theme option.

Enjoy!