[ROM] [24/08] Froyo DeLite 1.1 - A New Begining

Search This thread

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London
What problems does CFQ cause? It should work fine alongside the interactive scheduler though, they do different things.

ItsDace

Aug 14, 2010
As for stripping out youtube etc, more people use those than don't, so I think they will be staying.
Friend Stream, I would love to see that go, but it causes a endless sync loop if it's removed, hence keeping the HTC Twitter.

why not download youtube from android market for easy updates?

ArtXT

Mar 18, 2006
Angeles City
One thing you can possibly look forward too is, that (so long as you used unrEVOked for now) you will be able to partition your SD Card using DeLite Config.
Got most of that mod done. (Am even trying to get it right so you can remove your Ext Partition if you wanted too.

WOW! this is what am waiting for, coz am really having a hard time partitioning my 4gig c4 sd card, i don't why RM does not work

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
why not download youtube from android market for easy updates?

Honestly, space.
Having thing's odexed in /system/app saves space.
Map's I can move to /data/app as that isn't odexed anyhow.
But let's use Maps.apk as an example.
Running from /data/app uses a storage total of 6.63MB, where as if it was odexed in /system/app it would only use 3.80MB, this does not include any cache files.

Palidhje

Jul 16, 2010
Prishtina
Nice work Klutsh.
I'm using 0.8 and thinking of going 0.85 but have 2 questions/probs
1. My gps is not working. It just won't get my location
2. What is the best way to save configuration settings (like scenes, email/twitter/fb accounts, conntacts etc) before I do an upgrade (since I would need to clean everything for this to work).

Thnx in advance and keep up the good work :)

Pal

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
Nice work Klutsh.
I'm using 0.8 and thinking of going 0.85 but have 2 questions/probs
1. My gps is not working. It just won't get my location
2. What is the best way to save configuration settings (like scenes, email/twitter/fb accounts, conntacts etc) before I do an upgrade (since I would need to clean everything for this to work).

Thnx in advance and keep up the good work :)

Pal

GPS Not working, Hoestly I have no clue as to why, I've not touched anything that goes anywhere near that part of the OS.
Best thing for backing up is Titanium backup, email,twitter contacts etc are all re-synced when you set up your gmail, twitter sync accounts.

Palidhje

Jul 16, 2010
Prishtina
thnx for the quick replay :)

The gps might be prob from the last room. Any way to "flash" just the gps ?
Will give Titanium backup a try :), and I was talking about the process of "setup wizard", a lazyass I know :p

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
thnx for the quick replay :)

The gps might be prob from the last room. Any way to "flash" just the gps ?
Will give Titanium backup a try :), and I was talking about the process of "setup wizard", a lazyass I know :p

All the files for GPS are on the /system partition, this is normally wiped on installing rom's, if your GPS error is following you from a previous rom I can only suggest a full wipe and start again.

The Setup-Wizard backup system has, for some very odd reason been disabled by HTC.

Psych0Chimp

Aug 7, 2010
I'm still on 0.7 and I'm having problems with maps disappearing after every boot. I have to go download it from the market after every reboot...

Also my ROM seems to be getting more unstable by the day with random force closes and reboot happening more frequently. I'm looking forward to when you get the ROM back to basics!

pehkblui

Jul 9, 2010
I'm going to back to the drawing board on this ROM.
Not wanting to sound like an ass, but I think their are enough variations of the same thing going around now, I should keep this rom as I first intended, an as close to stock as possible rom.
To me this Rom has near as damn it ended up a Pinky Desire clone, not what I wanted.
Perflock, CFQ etc, is their really any point in these? (Over 24 hours battery life without them)
For the 1-2% performance increase you get, they only really come into play when you have a un-locked and over clock-able Kernel.

I would like your thought's on this guy's?
(No Expresso-Mod support, it really does hit battery & performance running a de-odexed rom)

+1.
The reason I jumped to this rom is because of its simplicity and stability. I would have stuck to 0.2 if the A2SD (not original) were there.

I notice your recent moves were making this rom more and more like the others. With it issues will inevitably come.

BTW, I started getting very strong echo somewhere around 0.6. It got so bad in 0.8. I wiped the cache and reinstalled the radio. That seemed to have solved the problem.

I still have the map doing Houdini act after each reboot though. Does moving the cache and dalvik back internal solve this?

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
+1.
The reason I jumped to this rom is because of its simplicity and stability. I would have stuck to 0.2 if the A2SD (not original) were there.

I notice your recent moves were making this rom more and more like the others. With it issues will inevitably come.

BTW, I started getting very strong echo somewhere around 0.6. It got so bad in 0.8. I wiped the cache and reinstalled the radio. That seemed to have solved the problem.

I still have the map doing Houdini act after each reboot though. Does moving the cache and dalvik back internal solve this?

I think you may benefit from a Wipe.
The maps thing, go to manage app's and find maps, choose to un-install updates if it's available.

Kickasskev

Jul 31, 2010
Sunderland
So what is happening now are we gonnas see any more roms? What you should do is have a stock Rom with the config app built in, then upload individual tweak and perks that can be loaded through the config app with an ability to add and remove them, then people pick and choose for what there needs are, and if problems arise with the desired tweak or perk then the user can easily remove it,

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
So what is happening now are we gonnas see any more roms? What you should do is have a stock Rom with the config app built in, then upload individual tweak and perks that can be loaded through the config app with an ability to add and remove them, then people pick and choose for what there needs are, and if problems arise with the desired tweak or perk then the user can easily remove it,

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
How did you know what I was working on :p

All stuff pack's etc are going to be downloadable via the DeLite config app.
Coding that is taking time.
But it's coming on.