Streak 7 Dell 3.2 Recovery Image (Official non-modified dell image)

Search This thread

redistributer

Aug 16, 2011
For those of you who got stuck after having a MOD version of the streak 7 running 3.2 and still have yet to succeed in restoring your 2.2 image so you can do the dell update I announce to you an easier way. After all this time utilizing community resources I feel it is my time to give back.

Below is the link to the nvidia flash utility, the nvidia boot recovery drivers and image file p2 through p24 that will provide recovery to your Dell streak 7 tablet to the latest 3.2 unmodified image.

The link will have to be pasted since although I have visited often, I have yet to post very much, apparently 8 posts are required for a link and 10 posts to post to the developer page, thus you find my copy and paste link below removing the spaces between the ws' and the coms'.....

w w w .sicksubstance. c o m/Files/Streak7_3.2-Dell_img.rar

Download from the above link and extract.
-Place the nvflash folder into the root of your c drive
-Place the tablet in boot recovery mode (vol down and vol up while plugging in the tablet while it is turned off)
-Open up a command shell (if using vista or later make sure to run the shell as administrator)
-cd c:\nvflash
-restore.bat

The restore takes a bit, once it is complete power down the tablet via the pin hole, power back up and enjoy!

NOTE: If running windows vista or windows 7 be sure to boot your computer in the unsigned drivers disabled state. During boot up before the windows logo appears press F8 and choose disable unsigned driver requirement option.

I hope this helps some of you!

-redistribut(e)r
Fellow Android Developer

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
You should remove p23/23 unless your intention is to have everyone using the same service tag as whoever's device that came from

Reactions: cdzo72

cdzo72

Recovery Image

This is directed at TheManii, on your wiki for the S7 the link is broken for the recovery image for the 506 package for the US 4G version... reason I think I need it is I'm getting gapps force closes as of last night, sure it was something I installed, but i wanted to try flashing the HC package rather than the HC zip, unless you think flashing the zip will have the same effect... I'm basing myself on experience using the Streak 5, that flashing packages is necessary to get things back in order

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Wiki links are fixed now, as for the zips: the ones I have created are completely unmodified except that they remove the modem update and region checks.

It's not possible to flash the zips wrong, it's simply 2 large files that are written as-is, the update does not process them in any way at all. If anything at all goes wrong it simply wont boot at all.

Reason I supply the zips at all is because the 2xx recoveries wont load on 5xx and 5xx recoveries wont load on 2xx, due to 5xx having a bootloader update

cdzo72

Wiki links are fixed now, as for the zips: the ones I have created are completely unmodified except that they remove the modem update and region checks.

It's not possible to flash the zips wrong, it's simply 2 large files that are written as-is, the update does not process them in any way at all. If anything at all goes wrong it simply wont boot at all.

Reason I supply the zips at all is because the 2xx recoveries wont load on 5xx and 5xx recoveries wont load on 2xx, due to 5xx having a bootloader update

Thanks TheManii, but before I take any drastic measures, I would like you opinion, what's the best flash on our Streak 7, to get things as they should... NVFlash, update.pkg, or update.zip?

And one more little question... the restore.bat file goes all the way to partition 24, should those last three (22,23 & 24) be deleted or just 22 & 23?

Thanks for your time in answering my questions and hookin us up with the links

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Dell Streak 7 Partition Layout - xda wiki

22 is SDcard
23 is device IDs
24 is MAC address

Those should never be included in any uploaded dumps.

The install preference should go:
PKG
The zips I made
Using NVflash

On the EU3G i would recommend using the the pkg even after using the zip to get the correct modem update since mine has it removed

cdzo72

22 is SDcard
23 is device IDs
24 is MAC address

PKG
The zips I made
Using NVflash

On the EU3G i would recommend using the the pkg even after using the zip to get the correct modem update since mine has it removed

YOU THEMANIII, answers like that are priceless!! Thanks so much for your time

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
NOTE: If running windows vista or windows 7 be sure to boot your computer in the unsigned drivers disabled state. During boot up before the windows logo appears press F8 and choose disable unsigned driver requirement option.

-redistribut(e)r
Fellow Android Developer

This part really isn't necessary.

If you follow part 2 of my video series here, you just need to manually install the drivers.
http://tabletroms.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=DellStreakFAQ:How-to-Flash-your-Dell-Streak-7

cdzo72

This image (Only 2 to 14)can be applied to a 4G T-Mobile?

What you can do is modify the process so that your SD card is not rewritten and your Service tag number is not overwritten.

There is a partition.txt file, you delete the part that mentions partitions 22, 23 and 24.

There is also a restore.bat file, edit it also to not include those 3 partitions, and just to make sure, delete those 3 images from the folder, 22, 23 and 24.

Now, having said that, you are better off flashing the HC stock recovery.img via fastboot, loading the update.pkg to your EXTERNAL SD and flashing HC that way, which is the way I have had the best luck with. After flashing that, you then flash the CWM recovery for Honeycomb and then you can flash Superuser to have root, it takes all of about 20 minutes to have the cleanest install possible with that route. The NVFlash should only be used to get back to Froyo, and even still you would take the files and modify them in the same way to not flash partitions 22,23 and 24

Reactions: AdComa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you who got stuck after having a MOD version of the streak 7 running 3.2 and still have yet to succeed in restoring your 2.2 image so you can do the dell update I announce to you an easier way. After all this time utilizing community resources I feel it is my time to give back.

Below is the link to the nvidia flash utility, the nvidia boot recovery drivers and image file p2 through p24 that will provide recovery to your Dell streak 7 tablet to the latest 3.2 unmodified image.

The link will have to be pasted since although I have visited often, I have yet to post very much, apparently 8 posts are required for a link and 10 posts to post to the developer page, thus you find my copy and paste link below removing the spaces between the ws' and the coms'.....

w w w .sicksubstance. c o m/Files/Streak7_3.2-Dell_img.rar

Download from the above link and extract.
    -Place the nvflash folder into the root of your c drive
    -Place the tablet in boot recovery mode (vol down and vol up while plugging in the tablet while it is turned off)
    -Open up a command shell (if using vista or later make sure to run the shell as administrator)
    -cd c:\nvflash
    -restore.bat

The restore takes a bit, once it is complete power down the tablet via the pin hole, power back up and enjoy!

-redistribut(e)r
    Fellow Android Developer
    You should remove p23/23 unless your intention is to have everyone using the same service tag as whoever's device that came from

22 is SDcard
    23 is device IDs
    24 is MAC address

PKG
    The zips I made
    Using NVflash

This image (Only 2 to 14)can be applied to a 4G T-Mobile?

What you can do is modify the process so that your SD card is not rewritten and your Service tag number is not overwritten.

There is a partition.txt file, you delete the part that mentions partitions 22, 23 and 24.

There is also a restore.bat file, edit it also to not include those 3 partitions, and just to make sure, delete those 3 images from the folder, 22, 23 and 24.

Now, having said that, you are better off flashing the HC stock recovery.img via fastboot, loading the update.pkg to your EXTERNAL SD and flashing HC that way, which is the way I have had the best luck with. After flashing that, you then flash the CWM recovery for Honeycomb and then you can flash Superuser to have root, it takes all of about 20 minutes to have the cleanest install possible with that route. The NVFlash should only be used to get back to Froyo, and even still you would take the files and modify them in the same way to not flash partitions 22,23 and 24