[29/4][ICS]4.0.3 RC4.2 Unkanged/stock +wifi calling kernel &wifi files (testing only)

Search This thread

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Ok well....I have decided to package a ROm for you guys just to play with (its untested) and I am staying up really late to do this.

Unfortunately I also forgot to mention that I have been in contact with Platypus team and it looks like I am going to have to take over kernel mods from here too. He is studying, and there are no ICS kernels that support wifi modules. I forgot and was meant to tell you all that :(

I have been doing soooo much investigating into this for you guys, I am trying my best. I downloaded a heap of stuff to see if I can get up for kernel sources, but you guys are going to have to be patient thats all.

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Try this link for pics
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=cba305cfad6b6aff&resid=CBA305CFAD6B6AFF!195&parid=root

and

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=cba305cfad6b6aff&resid=CBA305CFAD6B6AFF!234&parid=root

Here's the next latest ROM
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7262928_4760752_99540

Raymond it has TW 4.0 what a lard arse that thing is holy smokes 11MB just for the TW wallpaper picker. I ditched it...hope you don't mind.

pS:Everyone, if the script doesn't boot from start I am hoping i covered my tail with my settings in script manager. If not load the supercharger script from sdcard in script manager. Run as root (DO NOT RUN AS BOOT!), it will have all mine in there anyway and just choose the prompts and exit. If it doesn't have the settings preloaded...(it should) then choose option 8. and then bullet proof what ever other apps you like.

Enjoy

PPS: Note that the script may increase wifi signalling...I am hoping it doesn't cause it is set in build.prop. So select init.rc and set.prop/local prop. not build prop for your settings ok.

Give bit thanks to zeppelinrox -> http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3357461

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16635544&postcount=2

Last edited:
Reactions: chadhoard

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Link is already down. BTW glitch kernel works really well on ics roms as well and the devs are also very good to work with ... like getting your wifi drivers added into a test build. Thats how I got gps working for the vibrant aka with my persistence and their brilliance

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Link is already down. BTW glitch kernel works really well on ics roms as well and the devs are also very good to work with ... like getting your wifi drivers added into a test build. Thats how I got gps working for the vibrant aka with my persistence and their brilliance

Yeah, it's down. Anybody manage to get it while it was still up?

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Sorry guys, try the one in the OP. I will edit the one above. I forgot and posted the wrong link, the one in the OP is alive and working.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7262928_4760752_99540

I fell asleep before I could change it.....phone in my hand, in recovery.....didn't even get a chance to initiate reboot. Lucky my dog knew I missed my alarm and work me up :) Love her to bits

PS: Will post ROM features tonight and a massive list of thanks to a heap of people I owe it to.

PPS: The ROM does include the 3 modded jar files in framework directory, and possibly more to follow.

PPPS: Can you PLEASE PLEASE log cat this for me!

Last edited:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com

Thanks for that tip. I will have a look into it. Glitch needs to include the specific drivers/.ko modules for wifi calling, not just enhanced wifi. If that is the case though I WILL switch. I stuck with Platypus because Glitch is not correct for RC4.2. It cooks your phone when your not even O/C, however I see a heap of people on Glitch from TeamHacksung.....that being said a Frankenstein build might be in order :cool: did someone say Lurch?

I think I have a new ROM name :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurch_(The_Addams_Family)

Code name Lurch. who ever gets the wifi calling initiated can print "YOU RANG?" hahaha:D

Thanks for that tip. I will have a look into it. Glitch needs to include the specific drivers/.ko modules for wifi calling, not just enhanced wifi. If that is the case though I WILL switch. I stuck with Platypus because Glitch is not correct for RC4.2. It cooks your phone when your not even O/C, however I see a heap of people on Glitch from TeamHacksung.....that being said a Frankenstein build might be in order :cool: did someone say Lurch?

I think I have a new ROM name :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurch_(The_Addams_Family)

Code name Lurch. who ever gets the wifi calling initiated can print "YOU RANG?" hahaha:D

ok..so Jarmez hasnt responded to a few of my posts, but either way I got a logcat of wifi calling working on asgard 3.2 on the vibrant. I disabled and renabled wifi calling while logcat was logging then I placed a call via wifi calling in the hopes that the information in logcat might help for port to ICS.

Hope it helps. I wont be checking this thread that oftne anymore so Ray can pm me if you need anything else...like if you think wifi calling is working on this ROM and you need to test it or something...

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-03-08-16-46-41-0500.txt
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Jarmezrocks

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
All goo thanks man. I think I have everything I need. It is pretty much just a log cat every release to see if anything has improved or where I am still getting stuck or where i need to look next.

MD5# FAF1CFD7FEDFA1B5EC81DB7809931FED
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7262928_4760752_92955

Glitch kernel (as late as I could go without the CM9 only one) with improved supercharger scripting. I missed the components in the base of the SD card and the script DOES check there for them too ;)

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland

Lol, too funny! Rats, I'm always out lately, life is getting to be too busy. Maybe I can test tomorrow. I hope I see something promising when I go to the next page.:)
EDIT: Downloading now, maybe I can get around to flashing it tomorrow. Hope to see some feedback before then.

Last edited:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Word of warning from me. I read the V6 supercharger thread, the phone will bootloop! Do a battery pull and then boot again. It will do this maybe 3 times (I think it says it in the script) and then it will load. It takes time to optimise all of the dbs from what I understand?

I just flashed from wipe and it did this to me. But it is all working now :)

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Alpha T-Mob

I'm up to my eyeballs in chores and other stuff. I still haven't managed to flash yet and I'm afraid I may run out of steam later when I do have time. *Sigh* We'll see what happens.:)

EDIT: OK, guys, I'm goin' in. Nandroid is done, ROM is loaded and I'm ready to flash!
EDIT: Absolutely will not stop bootlooping for me. I doesnt' matter how many battery pulls, fixing permissions, or flashing other kernels over it, using the kernel cleaner by loppol in between. Will not boot. Restoring my nandroid.:(
EDIT: Getting my nandroid back was not easy either, had to restore nandroid>got 'can't mount data' error, flashed another kernel>worked but still wouldn't boot, did full wipe then did restored nandroid again, then did non-wipe install of ROM over top of nandroid. This time it booted. Maybe the 'mount data' error had something to do with the Jarmez's ROM not booting, I don't know.

Last edited:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Just a quick observation. The filename is sch_i997 is this the right file for vibrant which is off course the t959

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I'm confused. Yes it is for Vibrant, I must have just wrote that. I thought vibrant was i997? That is the infuse though right? Which is the one without the front facing camera? Thats you guys isn't it? Well this ROM is based off the Galaxy S, with exception of it having a Vibrant kernel (caled vibrant kernel) and KB5 modem (to suit T-mobile for the Galaxy range).

should it be renamed to T959? In that case I will update the build.prop details (they are not where you guys can see them in about phone - and that is where I had made it spoof T959 anyway....I did this so you guys could get the better apps from T-mobile should you wish). I hope that makes sense? Trust me if your a vibrant user this will work on your phone.

PS: Some updates are on their way too:cool:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Some more info. With T-mo progressing to IMS. I may just look at diving straight i here rather than trying to attempt to revive the old wifi calling, seems there are some cyanogenmod guys working on this, so naturally I chimed in on their thread and they asked if someone was good with reverse engineering? So I put up my hand:)

I also hope they have a heart and see what I am hoping to achieve here? I mentioned that its for you guys, not for me personally as I am not T-mo user. Hopefully that clicks, and someone will come to the party with some info to get this thing rockin again (maybe with less glitches than we've faced already).

Hey has anyone had any issues with that last rom flash with signal? I have my whole handset drop out after reflash and no signal since? I am very confused?:confused: I also have root access drop out prior to that too. I fixed root by porting everything across to a stable prior CWM zip and reflashed and good as gold. Funky **** going on. I am about to pull my zip in the kitchen, pull it down and rebuild it again I think. Oh and there are some nice visual enhancements on their way ;)

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
PS: A massive thanks to mnasledov from the HTC crew who has been helping me out on the side when he can. He was the one that got me on to the Cyanogenmod thread. Thanks dude your a champ ;)

Latest Release here
Standard Vibrant base build. Removed sdcard install (this caused bootloop on my phone), enhanced visual mods.
MD5#722245104588F5C81C749AA05E119075

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [29/4][ICS]4.0.3 RC4.2 Unkanged/stock +wifi calling kernel &wifi files (testing only)

lurch.jpg

Lurch ROM
    Brought to you by

Jarmez2.png

bootintro.png

Click the Fanfair picture to take you to the gallery and there is also more pics -> here

Disclaimer
    Please read this disclaimer

XDA Developers Mantra
    Please read the XDA MANTRA post
    In addition
    • Any disrespectful conduct in my threads will be reported without hesitation.
    • If you do not like how long I am taking to deliver something please help me help you by contributing something worthwhile and "helpful" to the thread.
    • Being helpful speeds things up
    • Being disrespectful where I respond to your rude behaviour either directly in a post a report to mods or a PM to your self will only slow me down

Attention!
    Always do a clockwork recovery / Nandroid backup before you flash any developer creation
    • [GUIDE]READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU FORGOT TO DO A BACKUP AND YOU F*%#ED UP!!
      If you have recovery but your phone has issues; it doesn't boot or bootloops and you forgot to do a Nandroid backup before flashing please read this post to help get you back on the right track it might just save your day

• [GUIDE]SUFFERING FROM MD5 MISMATCH ERROR? TRYING RESTORE SOMETHING FROM RECOVERY?
      How to se your PC and the tools outlined in this guide to fix your Nandroid backup!

Special Thanks and Recognition
    Thanks to my donators:
    • RaymondPJR
    Thanks to my sources:
    • XDA Developers
      for getting me here. I have learnt so much from this place!
    • pawtip & co
      without you SGS would be left in the dust....but now you give us an awesome lease of life again, far better than what samsung could have done! Awesome work man
    • cyanogenMod & CM9 team
      for their work in CM7 and CM9 - pulling appart a CM7 build taught me a lot about ROM'ing and development
    • OneCosmic/SGSICS/PaulForde
      for the RC 4.2 for the cleanest ("unkanged" for me to kang)code base for this ROM - without a doubt you guys have been professional towards making an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for Samsung Galaxy S and variants
    • MyUI ICS [barome]for what sparked my interest in developing after making an ICS from that was almost what I wanted. It was that "almost" that inspired me to dig a bit further cause I wanted to tweak just a few things on your when I was using it....those tweaks made me think I bet there are other forum members that would want this too? and that inspired me to build this ROM along with the Samsung Apps addon
    • Perka & Zatta
      Perka for his graphical battery animation (now retired) found in this thread Zatta for his scripting techniques (used in Perka's installation) that assisted me
    • asianbobo15 (who ever are?)
      for your Gingerbread T-Mob wifi calling froyo patch discovered on DarkyROM forum
    • dsixda
      for his totally awesome ROM kitchen!! Thanks man I owe you heaps! kitchen thanks
    • denverg; coldflid
      Their themeing techniques using apktool thanks
    • darkyy, Comnam90, ficeto, Dazznuts200
      from DarkyROM thanks
    • shane6374
      for the cool pull down notification animations for SGSICS RC 4.2 that I have used for a base in my ROM, thanks
    • m1keyb
      for use of his stunning Themed ICS clock in my ROM (this battery chewing monster has now been retired but re-used his images)
    • the1dynasty
      for use of his transparent Gmail widget as a base for me to improve on
    • sashusmom, casper200519, mike1986., akapaul26
      for their useful information and dedication to getting wifi calling functioning and working on ICS for HTC
    • fardjad
      alone just for making his app available to all those suffering wifi woes on ICS. Thanks mate :)You and your Cousin You're both a real asset to this community
    • F4k
      for for his 720p video recording support on ICS for samsung
    • PaulForde
      Your a deadset champion! I cannot thank you enough for the amount of support you have given me through this. I oew you big time! Thanks for the kernel updates man really appreciated! :)

Thanks to following members that have contributed in some way, shape or form:
    • mnasledov
      from the HTC team who has been tremendous with providing insight into wifi calling and challenges he has faced on T-mo HTC G2
    • Dazznuts2000
      from Darky crew for provision of "additional" wifi calling apks
    • sUsH667
      for looking over some of my work when he has time and putting up with my lengthy tech discussions when his native language is not english!!
    • vibranturk
      for his ROM getting me out of trouble one weekend when I was suffering crazy bootloops whilst learning to develop

Contributors that deserve extra thanks:
    • zacharias.maladroit and Platypus
      for the awesome kernel! Fantastic battery and performance 40hours off one charge! - Thanks I donated without hesitation!
    • Paulforde
      for the kernel boot.img that has totally personalised my ROM
    • zeppelinrox
      for the awesome kernel! Fantastic battery and performance 40hours off one charge! - Thanks I donated without hesitation!

Thanks to my testers also:
    • RaymondPJR & adm1jtg
      for their dedicated testing all the way through this ROM build
    If I have missed anyone please send me a message **Update: When I am back off holidays I will link each person to their individual profiles and the information/threads that they supplied information** note this will be a lengthy task, please be patient:)

Features and Stutus updates
    ROM features and status

**ROM status** - Waiting on kineto GAN modules for the kernel to either compile and/or newer QoS source modules for next release T-mob wifi calling.

See attached screen shots below for reference to over all performance and speed of the ROM in benchmark tests. These are a reference only. How the ROM performs on a daily basis is more reflective than these values. The ROM was put through the most consistent and standardised method to represent as close to real world daily use as possible. No over clocking set.
    Tests were done across 4 benchmarking platforms, Antutu, CF-bench, Quadrant, Vellamo browser test. The results are proof and real world tests are even more proof.
    Note: Customised % battery animation created by me -
    Includes: roboto style font, colour liquid fill indicator on the
    battery icon that IS a battery icon and not just a rectangle.
    The charging animation that was ever popular on the Gingerbread
    ROMs also incorporated, 3D and ICS blue. ICS colour blue
    3D dancing Android (please excuse the frame rate I can
    assure you it is not jittery/stuttering like that in real life this is
    caused by the Java screen cast app).**If you wish to use this
    please don't theive it and claim it as your own
    ;
    this took a long time for me to create - if you ask me I will
    say yes anyway; because that's what Android is all about!
    Sharing!;)....so hit me up a PM:p

Downloads
    Check MD5#'s before flashing and make sure they match
    Only approved mirrors will be posted in this OP. If a host is down and you've managed to snag recent version before things went pear-shaped on the net and wish to help...then feel free to re-host my ROM; but please message me the link so I can include it in here;)

Please run logcat its included in the ROM icon looks like this -->
    Logcat.png

In addition I personally use todo.txt and dropbox combo for all logcat outputs.
    LogCat spits text file as log.txt. Open -> select + cut ->Open todo.txt + paste -> click sync -> dropbox ->open dropbox on PC to get todo.txt-> select + copy ->Open XDA thread here + paste. Done!

Here she is, stock and ready for testing:

STOCK ICS VIBRANT FOR WIFI CALLING TESTING!**UPDATED 29/04**

Release Notes & Hash CheckMD5#1C7611B419ABCDD4D5917CFA23AFCAC2

Version 2.1.5 (still based off Android ICS 4.03)**UPDATED 16/04**
    update.gif
    kernel patch not needed now- integrated into the ROM

Release Notes & Hash Check
    Alternative Host for ROM download here **PLEASE READ THE OP - ALL OF IT BEFORE COMPLAINING SOMETHING DOESN'T WORK OR PHONE BOOTLOOPS!

Version 2.1.4

Release Notes & Hash Check
    additions - Glitch kernel patch see here for details. Currently a i9000 kernel till PaulForde finishes the wifi calling kernel for vibrnat so just in case you get funny button actions going on, on your vibrant...then flash this patch. DO NOT flash the "normal" glitch patch it will wipe a lot of important features of this ROM!
    Version 2.1.2.2

Version 2.1.2.1

Version 2.1.2

Version 2.1.1

Instructions - YOU MUST READ THIS!
    Step by step
    • 1. Nandroid backup
    • 2. PLEASE DO THIS TO SAVE SOME TEARS - attempt to do a restore on the backup you've just done. This ensures that you know after you have wiped your phone that when you do a restore you don't get an MD5 error (rear above to fix). NB: CWM for ICS cannot be trusted!
    • 3. After initiating 3 (yes do this before the wipe - yes you are restoring what is already there!) if the CWM allows you to pass the MD5 check and starts actually restoring files it starts, immediately do a battery pull....unless you want to watch the entire restore process LOL - We are doing a full wipe anyway so doesn't matter if it half 1/4 1/8th restores or what ever...this is to check you CAN restore!
    • 4. Reboot back into Recovery and do a factory reset/data wipe
    • 5. Run the kernel cleaning script! This is a MUST especially if you are coming from any other ROM or kernel than mine....that means everyone, cause only my ROM has this kernel
    • 6. Install the ROM
    • 7. After installing go straight back into Recovery and install again - Note: Some remnants of the old recovery you were on will need to be taken care of, this can cause bootloops if you don't.
    • 8. After installing the ROM boot the phone and enter your google account credentials - take a tour if you like :) I recommend you put the phone in airplane mode if you do....in case you get important messages etc....cause they will be lost when you do the restore
    • 9. Boot into recovery; go to backup and restore in the menu. In the sub menu listings is advanced restore, go to advanced restore and select the backup version for todays date and select DATA only. DO NOT RESTORE YOUR PHONE BEFORE DOING 1ST BOOT UP - this can loose your google account details
    • 10. Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache - Fix permissions
    • 11. This boot will take a fair while - it is not bootlooping its rebuilding the dalvik cache.....and for some reason this first boot takes a fair while longer than most other normal ICS ROMs? Either way it works and has been tested several times now
    • 12. Run LogCat and attempt a wifi call please and report back to this thread with your findings so I can improve it for you and others as well as share my findings/improvements with the rest of developers of XDA

Release notes from the developer
    ROM features and status
    • I am developing this out of selflessness - I am located in Australia, I don't own a vibrant nor am I on T-mobile network or even have wifi calling available to me. There IS going to be bugs with this ROM please be patient whilst I make adjustments when my dedicated testers get back to me. We all have lives to live and life isn't ONLY about android. Make sure you click thanks on their posts too! They are making this ROM better for you;)
    • This ROM has been extensively modified from it's sources and much of the components will not work with other ROMs.
    • I have tried to remain open with my developments but due to the large disparity amongst ICS builds it has become very difficult to achieve
    • When I get time after the ROM becomes stable if there are specific requests or if I can re-produce specific features for other ICS builds I will.
    • All non-T-mobile wifi calling users wishing to use this ROM should be aware that the wifi scanning rate is considerably higher than most builds to ensure users maintain a solid connection when calling. Due to this you may experience higher than usual battery usage with wifi on please be aware of this.

ROM Change Log
    ROM change log

See this -> Link for a listed change log (currently incomplete - in the process of updating this)

Vibrant and Wifi checklist -> here[/SIZE] Can vibrant users please check my list to make sure I am not forgetting anything that is different between GT i9000 and Vibrant? I know I have had issues before so this list is evolving
    Appreciation
    If you like what I have created
    Click the thanks button it looks like this:D
    Thanks.png

If you REALLY want to contribute to a good cause please consider making a donation to find a cure. I was diagnosed with this incurable disease narcolepsy about a year and a half ago. There a millions suffering with this world wide, people, dogs, cats, horses etc.
    help find a cure for Narcolepsy

donations to the Narcolepsy link above are not directly connected to me and I do not recieve any money from this, however you will be helping scientists and researchers help ALL sufferes. Please PM me if you have donated so I can add your name on the list. Thanks

If you like what I have done personally and would like to contribute feel free to send me a donation to my paypal account - however this is certainly by no obligation. Install my ROM and enjoy
    I tried wifi calling in CM9. I put in the kineto gan module, and some blobs from a jvp wifi calling flashable, and it activated. Sms worked, but call audio failed one way or both ways in some circumstances.

Anyway, maybe you guys can get it working better than me. Hope you'll share if you do :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
    I think everyone has been waiting for the kernel before they do. I have some good news too! I have ICS now with kineto GAN. PaulForde has been working tirelessly on this for me. Such a great effort on his behalf. Both of us have been working around the clock. Paul on the kernel my self on the ROM migration.

Paul did a full fresh reinstall on his computer in order to get this kernel to compile as it just was not playing the game. So a massive thanks just for that alone

I have made the migration from 4.03 to 4.04 and what a drama and headache that has become. I have spent the entire last two weeks without a usable phone as such, there has been data error migrations to 4.04, I suggest to everyone that they do a completely fresh install with this release. That means complete wipe,
    kernel cleaning script, then fresh install of Ice Cream Sandwich RC 4.2, then this ROM. 4.04 does not like being installed fresh it's self? I had never ending bootloops, attempting to do it that way?

I have instructions that DO work however and has been consistent. I have performed full fresh install 4 times just to confirm.

I am hoping by tonight I will have a full ROM ready for release with complete wifi calling capability:D

Also I advise that no install LookOut mobile security on this or any Ice cream Sandwich ROM. I am very unimpressed with the fact that this single app has made me totally uncontactable for the last few weeks because it blocks all incoming calls no matter what I tried. It took me that long to figure out that was the root of the cause and has held me back for so long on releasing an update to this ROM because I did not want to release something that wasn't working decently.

One last thing that I have noted is that 4.04 does not like anything installed from Recovery into the data partition? It's like it blocks it totally and does not have write access. Advanced restore from recovery works but that is all. No installing apps or data from the recovery console until I work out what the issue is :confused::( I from my understanding I think that Google Has tried to inhibit anyone from rooting a standard 4.04 device? I know that Galnex has a loophole or workaround for being able to root it on the standard kernel via a backdoor entry via the data partition via adb commands (this meant that one could easily root and unroot their device without any significant mods), and I believe that this maybe why apps and installations cannot take part in installation from CWR?

Anyway that is all for now. I am putting this info here for both tech minded ROM users and for the devs of the community. Feel free to comment and/or share any thoughts?

By the way this ROM is built from standard Galaxy Nexus S 4.04 sources, it is not a child branched copy of someone elses base, just know that. It is not going to have all the crazy bells and whistles of AOKP and so forth but it WILL be nice;) I have been working around the clock onthis ROM non-stop now for months, and from the ground up!

What to expect?

SystemUI with 3D toggle buttons and stock interface with modded power menu along with my custom made pulldown animation (just getting that tidied up now with the 4.04 midgration.

All apps working on 4.04 version with exception of the camera? The camera I have gone back to 4.03 sources as it was force closing. 4.03 worked fine as it was. PlayStore working. I haven't bought anything yet so yet to confirm?

KinetoGAN T-mobile wifi calling enabled. New Kernel with boot image for Vibrant.

All wifi calling adjustments built on to a fresh clean 4.04 base. All wifi calling apps and settings alone with modules as well as everything in the way of settings that has enabled other non-samsung ICS ROMs to work with wifi calling.

All apps (entire ROM) has been fulling optimised and reduced in size by 25MB!:cool: Yes base of 4.04 is only 62Mb :)

I will add more here soon. James
    all of the links for this are dead :confused:

You are the first person to post in here since June. It's 4.0.3, outdated and unsupported, what do you expect?
    Some good and bad news.

1.Kineto GAN won't compile into the vibrant kernel :( Paulforde has been working on it for us behind the scenes (what a champ!) and he has had no luck with a recompile for kineto GAN....which IS needed for the wifi calling app unfortunately (and I know this for certain now after researching)

Now for some good news. Next good news is that I am moving this frankenstien on to 4.04 and have all the sources ready to go :)

My external HD finally arrived so I can empty my over loaded PC and setup ubuntu properly (moving away from the basic cygwin install of linux that I have been using up until now)....which means I can start to dev my own kernels (in time that is).

Next part is also good. I am in the process of sourcing QoS (yes the next generation wifi from T-mobile) modules for kernel building....so if kineto GAN is not going to play, then I will try look into a solution using QoS.

lots on my plate as you can see. But most of you have probably migrated on to more stable build by now. I will keep at it though even if no one bugs me for updates or what ever. Keep yas posted tho ;). Thanks.

James