[ROM][GB][PORT]Huawei Ideos X5 - Xperia Style ROM v1.1 (2.3.5)

Search This thread

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hmmm...

I think changing the pixels in that launcher causes other apk's to crash, because they have a different resolution. I think the resolution in the other apk's would need to be changed as well.

And by the way peeps, I will have to fix this graphical issue before I release the next version. I have already made some changes to the rom for the next version, this little graphics bug is the only thing left to fix.

Thanks for the help scux.

Reactions: zzromanzz

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Ummm...

Guys, I'm still not fully familiar with this forum. So, can anyone please tell me how I can put all the screenshots under one button? (like on other ROM threads)

Thanks

B K B

Feb 22, 2012
Ashburton
Awesome rom mate, looks nice & everything. As far as the battery life goes, it's not brilliant but don't be disheartened, I've tried & used worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexmbra

Mar 24, 2013
Nice Rom. One bug so far: I can change idioma.
Also, it has two notification buttons bars, why?

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Nice Rom and all but its not seem to be rooted. (cannot update superuser) and i cannot access the home launcher settings...

It is rooted on mine. And I am able to access the home launcher settings. I don't know what is wrong with it. Try doing a clean install of the ROM

Nice Rom. One bug so far: I can change idioma.
Also, it has two notification buttons bars, why?

I am sorry, but I don't know what idioma is :D

And what do you mean by two notification buttons bars? do you mean two notification bars?:confused:

alexmbra

Mar 24, 2013
Sorry. Portuguese language. When I try to change to Portuguese, it change, but the phone keeps displaying all texts in english.

Yes, I mean two notification bars with almost the same buttons. Two Wifi, two gps, etc...

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Sorry. Portuguese language. When I try to change to Portuguese, it change, but the phone keeps displaying all texts in english.

Yes, I mean two notification bars with almost the same buttons. Two Wifi, two gps, etc...

Well, you shouldn't have two buttons. If yiou look at my screenshots, i dont have this problem. I think you are going to have to do a backup of your data, and do a clean install of this rom. I just installed this rom after installing JokerRom and I dont have any problems. But, I will see what I can do.

As for changing the language, I think thats only for the keyboard.

Update: For those of you who are having problems restoring with Titanium Backup make sure your USB Debugging is on and then restart your phone.

hung.ngomanh

Aug 28, 2012
Đà Nẵng
Hi op.
I want to use the xperia launcher in your rom for cm7 but the live wallpaper picket keeps fc.how can i fix it. Thx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hi op.
I want to use the xperia launcher in your rom for cm7 but the live wallpaper picket keeps fc.how can i fix it. Thx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Is it Force Closing in my ROM? Or in you CM7 ROM?

If it is closing in CM7 ROM, you are most likely missing some dependency files. Also make sure the apk is signed for the wallpaper chooser.

fahrulridwan03

Oct 31, 2012
semarang
Yes, I mean two notification bars with almost the same buttons. Two Wifi, two gps, etc...[/QUOTE]

Go to setting - display - and uncek notification bar...
Simple n smooth i like this rom..:)
But no add theme for this launcher??
and short cut screen shoot...:beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne

Go to setting - display - and uncek notification bar...
Simple n smooth i like this rom..:)
But no add theme for this launcher??
and short cut screen shoot...:beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]

I am not currently working on this ROM, because there isn't really anything to fix. I am currently working on JellyBean (CM10). So, I don't get time for this ROM.

Anyway, I think you can add the screenshot option from the settings, probably in the developer settings. I am not sure where it is. You would need to find it. And sorry for not adding any themes. If you can find me some, I can add them to the ROM! (Please test them before giving them to me)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huawei Ideos X5 - Xperia Style

Description

Hey guys! This is my first ROM! I know everyone wants Jelly Bean right now, but I was practicing how to port ROMs. I thought I would share this ROM with you guys. This ROM is a port of the Xperia style ROM made for Huawei Honor. Believe me, this is a great little GB ROM.

What Works

Everything! (It should be)

What Doesn't Work

Opera Mobile (will replace)
    Nothing else (Unless any of you find something)

Bugs

Somethings don't fit on screen (like on the main screen; the icons on the bottom are too far down) (because the ROM is ported from Honor; it has a bigger screen)
    Anything else you peeps find.

How to Install

Note: I had partitioned my phone from the beginning, so I don't know if it really needs to partitioned. I think it would be best to partition your phone.

Partition

1. Download partition.zip and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Go to recovery
    3. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    4. Wipe data factory set
    5. mounts and storage > format /system
    6. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    7. "install from sdcard" and select partition.zip

To return to stock partition, download this and use the steps above to flash it

Flash ROM

1. Download ROM and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Go to recovery
    3. Wipe Factory Data Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
    5. advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. mounts and storage > format /cache, /data, /system
    7. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    8. install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > choose the ROM and install it
    9. reboot system
    10. Enjoy!

Changelog

v1
    Initial Release

v1.1 (please do a clean install)
    Remove Opera
    Added Maxthon
    Enabled Task Manager (Now the awesome Huawei Task Manager works by long-press home button!) (Also added screenshot)
    Enabled HDR in Camera
    Fixed icons on launcher (Now you can see icons on the bottom of home screen) (thanks to scux for guidance)

For better experience, please enable animations by going to Settings > Display > Animation > select All animations

Screenshots

shot000001x.jpg

shot000002h.jpg

shot000003u.jpg

shot000004z.jpg

shot000005.jpg

shot000006.jpg

shot000008.jpg

shot000009.jpg

shot000010a.jpg

shot000013.jpg

shot000014.jpg

shot0000020.jpg

shot000002.jpg

Download

Download v1
    Download v1.1

Credits

SerJR2D2 for making this ROM
    PaulMilbank for his clean B528 ROM
    Huawei for making official ROM
    ...and everyone else who wants to be credited! ;)

Not that good...

How's the battery life on this rom?

I Tapped your thread....from my iPhone.

The battery life isn't that good. Would last 2 days Maximum!

But I will add new kernel to improve battery life (possibly forumber.kernel).
    Hi guys, I'm modified position of icons on launcher.
    I tested in the SDK emulator, because my phone is broken.
    So I do not know how it will work on your mobile.:)

Download:
    home.apk
    Hmmm...

I think changing the pixels in that launcher causes other apk's to crash, because they have a different resolution. I think the resolution in the other apk's would need to be changed as well.

And by the way peeps, I will have to fix this graphical issue before I release the next version. I have already made some changes to the rom for the next version, this little graphics bug is the only thing left to fix.

Thanks for the help scux.
    Editing the HTML code. Add the hide tag.

Thanks! :D