[Q] Most stable 4.4.x ROM for GT5113 Tab 2 10.1

Search This thread

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Hi folks,

I've been running the OMNIROM (from an unofficial build mid-May) on my 5113 for several weeks. I moved away from the stock ROM due to instability issues (reboots, lots of "stopped" messages) after the 4.2.2 Samsung software got pushed to it automatically. The thing was basically unusable.

Omnirom has been great, with two caveats: 1, the hardware keyboard is on by default, and needs to be switched off each reboot [fixed in later build, this was accidentally reintroduced around the time I flashed], and 2, the thing turns itself off frequently, as in overnight. Drives my kid nuts.

Anyway, I'm tempted to reflash with the latest omnirom from the stable builds folder, but wondering if there is anything better out there that would be even better suited for a kid to use, mostly for gaming (Pocket Minecraft, Angry birds, Lego games...). I'm looking for stability over all else, as long as things like the camera and wifi work.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Marc

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
i was on CM 10.1 previously and heard that stock 4.2.2 was released for the tab 2, its terribly optimized and battery life is terrible, tried out CM 11 this time and it looks pretty stable, would highly recommend it, if there was CM10.2 for our tab 2 i would go for that instead.

Reactions: Frankenscript

LioCraft

Apr 16, 2013
I'm also with Slimkat 5.10 and it really rocks. Fast, stable, light, nice battery life ... Everything what I need the tablet for. I've tried every ROM out there, and Slimkat is the way to go IMHO.

Reactions: Frankenscript

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
I appreciate the replies, guys!

I will give SlimKat a try once I get around to redoing the Tab2. I was on a CyanogenMod back in late May, for a day or two, but it didn't seem very slick and didn't quite have the feel I was looking for at the time. Omnirom was much better in my opinion for my interests... I just chose a build with a few quirks. I'd happily try a stable build Omnirom again, but I'm intrigued by all the good things I'm hearing about SlimKat.

Thanks!

Marc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Slimkat is the way to go right now in my opinion. Stable 5 is great, I am running weekly 5.10 and it also is super stable, never had a single problem. It looks good and it feels good. Check it out.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    i was on CM 10.1 previously and heard that stock 4.2.2 was released for the tab 2, its terribly optimized and battery life is terrible, tried out CM 11 this time and it looks pretty stable, would highly recommend it, if there was CM10.2 for our tab 2 i would go for that instead.
    I'm also with Slimkat 5.10 and it really rocks. Fast, stable, light, nice battery life ... Everything what I need the tablet for. I've tried every ROM out there, and Slimkat is the way to go IMHO.
    if there was CM10.2 for our tab 2 i would go for that instead.

Here it is....http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381402 but most have moved on to CM11