[ZIP][Ultimate][For Noobs] Automatic ROM porter for Miromax Unite 2

Search This thread

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
Okay guys, so I know you want to port ROMs yourself, but you still ask for developers to port ROMs for you. I like noobs and I like supporting them, so here's a porting ZIP. The ZIP can port Any MT6582 ROM to Micromax Unite 2 without need to open and make changes in original ROM! Look great? Let's see how it will work!

1. Backup your current ROM!!!!
2. Open the META-INF folder of the ROM to port and delete lines like "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5")" or any line which formats the partition [Do it only with Notepad++ or any other GNU editor, but don't do it with Notepad/Wordpad etc. ZIP it again.
2. Format /System and make a factory reset.
3. Flash any MT6582/MT6582M ROM in your Micromax Unite 2.
4. Flash my "ROM_Porter_Micromax_Unite_2.zip" after flashing your ROM.
5. Reboot! :D

~Bug Fixing guide:

1. If the UI appears to be upside down, then change a line with "hw.rotation" to 180..! If there is no such line then add "ro.sf.hwrotation=180" line in build.prop ANYWHERE!!
2. If the ROM seems to be 'zoomed' in or 'not fitting screen', then edit a line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=XX" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" or add "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" line in build.prop if you cannot find any line like that!
3. There is a loop in bootanimation: Just change "bootclasspath" in init.rc which is inside the boot.img [Don't ask me how to do this, just google it out!].. if porting Color OS, then newbies, don't do this because it needs many changes in init.rc.

:
Click here.

How To Release a ROM after bugs fixed!:

1. Wipe userdata.
2. Make a Nandroid backup using any recovery [CWM recommended!]
3. Upload the Nandroid backup.
4. Ask users to download the "Backup_x_x_x" folder and place it in "SDcard/Clockworkdmod/Backup/" folder and restore that Nandroid backup!! :D

Please don't come to me if your phone is bricked, also I can no more test this ZIP or any ROM because I don't have this phone any more :'( my phone got stolen!

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
Reserved :p

1. Initial release.
2. [20/7/2014]: Removed some useless files and fixed the bug of 'not booting' ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: m1s3rys1gn4l

thedevilashish

Aug 28, 2013
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Installation Aborted >_<

Okay guys, so I know you want to port ROMs yourself, but you still ask for developers to port ROMs for you. I like noobs and I like supporting them, so here's a porting ZIP. The ZIP can port Any MT6582 ROM to Micromax Unite 2 without need to open and make changes in original ROM! Look great? Let's see how it will work!

2. Open the META-INF folder of the ROM to port and delete lines like "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5")" or any line which formats the partition [Do it only with Notepad++ or any other GNU editor, but don't do it with Notepad/Wordpad etc. ZIP it again.

~Bug Fixing guide:

1. If the UI appears to be upside down, then change a line with "hw.rotation" to 180..! If there is no such line then add "ro.sf.hwrotation=180" line in build.prop ANYWHERE!!
2. If the ROM seems to be 'zoomed' in or 'not fitting screen', then edit a line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=XX" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" or add "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" line in build.prop if you cannot find any line like that!
3. There is a loop in bootanimation: Just change "bootclasspath" in init.rc which is inside the boot.img [Don't ask me how to do this, just google it out!].. if porting Color OS, then newbies, don't do this because it needs many changes in init.rc.

:
Click here.

1. Wipe userdata.
4. Ask users to download the "Backup_x_x_x" folder and place it in "SDcard/Clockworkdmod/Backup/" folder and restore that Nandroid backup!! :D

I Ported MIUI From Xolo Q700s :) I Followed Each & EveryEvery Step & Whenen I Flashed Your ROM Porter, The Installationn WasWas Aborted.. I Redownloaded But No Luck..!! What to do?

Attachments

• IMG_20140808_173758.jpg
    IMG_20140808_173758.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 678

Sachin97

May 8, 2014
Pune
can this tool also be used for porting roms for mmx c2c.
i want to port the pure xperia z2 rom of canvas 2 to my c2c.
can anyone help me out and tell me how to port.

whiterider7

May 4, 2013
I by mistake deleted the documents.apk file (thought it was the monkey virus) and since then I am getting android.process.media has stopped.
I have micromax unite 2 A106 which is updated to lolipop 5.0.and its rooted.

Could anyone please provide the apk. Please ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

~Bug Fixing guide:

:
    Click here.

1. Wipe userdata.

Please don't come to me if your phone is bricked, also I can no more test this ZIP or any ROM because I don't have this phone any more :'( my phone got stolen!
    Reserved :p

1. Initial release.
    2. [20/7/2014]: Removed some useless files and fixed the bug of 'not booting' ROM.
    reserved

Lol.....forever alone???
    okay bro.. i will try and let you know..
    hi bro can u port cynogen mod roms fro unite 2 with kitkat..

Sorry, CM is not for MT6582 and we don't have a kernel source too.

okay bro.. i will try and let you know..