[LWP] Bee Bro! interactive live cartoon wallpaper (free, 0 ads, IAPs & permissions)

Search This thread

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
[LWP] Bee Bro! interactive live cartoon wallpaper (free, 0 ads, IAPs & permissions)

Hey, XDA,

I'm making my first live wallpaper, which is basically my animation & humor playground. Today it is in very early stages & has only a couple of animations and tamagotchi-like mechanics available. I have only a single device to test it fully, so it would be amazing if anyone could try it out and give some feedback. I'm not sure how battery-eating it is, but I try to keep everything light.

Z1IBgM0.gif

VHOLax2.gif

TAZ595z.gif

Implementation: drawing on Canvas, FPS limit 24, thread sleeps when invisible, I also have idea of adding variable FPS limit if no interactions happened for a longer time.

Idea: have a funny looking, weird behaving bee creature living on the screen. At the moment it eats flowers (food) & dances in the clouds (fun). User can interact with bee & the world by simple taps (no MotionEvents planned) to plant more flowers or force bee to interact with available elements (if bee is hungry, it might disobey the taps (this needs visual feedback)).

Best suitable for kids, stoners and men-children like me, but others seem to be enjoying hilarious and surprising (first time) animations.

Possible issues: it might crash after adding to the screen, but usually restarts and works fine. Runs slow & slows down lover end devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has no issues). Preview has interactions disabled for now.

Download at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoutup.beealive

Leave feedback! Suggest actions and animations!

pPLNQMKl.png

Night mode!
HjpC24u.png

Last edited:

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
IMPORTANT
* I think I managed to get battery consumption under control
* changed ground position so it wouldn't be covered by UI in some devices

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com

* added night mode to increase battery saving options & make it easy on the eyes
* added new night-mode only interaction & animation
* made a sequence system under the hood for easier adding of more content

junaid558

Oct 27, 2013
enjoying it!

Hey, XDA,

I'm making my first live wallpaper, which is basically my animation & humor playground. Today it is in very early stages & has only a couple of animations and tamagotchi-like mechanics available. I have only a single device to test it fully, so it would be amazing if anyone could try it out and give some feedback. I'm not sure how battery-eating it is, but I try to keep everything light.

Z1IBgM0.gif

VHOLax2.gif

TAZ595z.gif

Implementation: drawing on Canvas, FPS limit 24, thread sleeps when invisible, I also have idea of adding variable FPS limit if no interactions happened for a longer time.

Idea: have a funny looking, weird behaving bee creature living on the screen. At the moment it eats flowers (food) & dances in the clouds (fun). User can interact with bee & the world by simple taps (no MotionEvents planned) to plant more flowers or force bee to interact with available elements (if bee is hungry, it might disobey the taps (this needs visual feedback)).

Best suitable for kids, stoners and men-children like me, but others seem to be enjoying hilarious and surprising (first time) animations.

Possible issues: it might crash after adding to the screen, but usually restarts and works fine. Runs slow & slows down lover end devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has no issues). Preview has interactions disabled for now.

Download at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoutup.beealive

pPLNQMKl.png

Night mode!
HjpC24u.png

great live wallpaper!

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
great live wallpaper!

Thank you! I just published another update with some bug fixes and important improvements on battery saving.

• Bee goes to sleep if less than 10% battery is available and no animations run until charged
  • "sleep on pause" setting, which will put Bee Bro to sleep when wallpaper is invisible and start animations ONLY on user interaction
  • added sleeping animation. It's pretty cute!
  • Fixed one crash and one AI bug (possibly added more AI bugs while fixing)

junaid558

Oct 27, 2013
Worth it

Thank you! I just published another update with some bug fixes and important improvements on battery saving.

• Bee goes to sleep if less than 10% battery is available and no animations run until charged
  • "sleep on pause" setting, which will put Bee Bro to sleep when wallpaper is invisible and start animations ONLY on user interaction
  • added sleeping animation. It's pretty cute!
  • Fixed one crash and one AI bug (possibly added more AI bugs while fixing)

i wish it would be a paid one....its worth it:)

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
Glad you like it!

i wish it would be a paid one....its worth it:)

It's lovely to hear that! Wait until you see the end product - I have pages with incoherent scramblings of various ideas. And it will stay free forever! That being said, I hope it "pays me back" with many happy users and visibility of my Crisp Bacon game (see signature). if I'll be able to implement an ad of it to my wallpaper in a way I plan to do, I can modestly say - some "whoas" will be said out loudly. I don't think it's ever been done in a live wallpaper. But for now I'm having so much fun just doing hilarious animations and imagining that some people will definitely laugh seeing them for the first time :)

Really, it's a great feeling to see Bee beeing well accepted. Better than money :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey, XDA,

Z1IBgM0.gif

VHOLax2.gif

TAZ595z.gif

pPLNQMKl.png

Night mode!
    HjpC24u.png
    More bee things!

Bee Bro will enjoy if you have music playing!

ZfvwbQ6.gif

Sleeping animation
    Wh6qSLf.gif

Added custom FPS setting (10,20,30)