[Toolkit] Nexus Multitool

Search This thread

BitNotFound

Oct 7, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Gear
[#nexusmultitoolp1]

If you like it, you might consider donating. ;)
DOWNLOADS
Source Code - Github

[#nexusmultitoolp2]

XDA:DevDB Information
Nexus Multitool, Tool/Utility for the Nexus Player

Contributors
photonicgeek, photonicgeek

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.10
Beta Release Date: 2014-11-23

Created 2014-11-24
Last Updated 2014-11-24

OathYvne

Nov 19, 2014
Can you please make the instructions more clear. I'm a noob and never rooted or unlocked bootloader on anything so I have no idea what chmod is lol.
I downloaded the file then ran it, then it said this is not a nexus device :(. I have my nexus player plugged in and the latest drivers are installed. Help would be great, thanks! :]

Nov 10, 2013
If I'm reading the script correctly, it doesn't install TWRP for the Nexus Player yet.
Other than that, I like the simplicity of this.

BitNotFound

Oct 7, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Can you please make the instructions more clear. I'm a noob and never rooted or unlocked bootloader on anything so I have no idea what chmod is lol.
I downloaded the file then ran it, then it said this is not a nexus device :(. I have my nexus player plugged in and the latest drivers are installed. Help would be great, thanks! :]

If I'm reading the script correctly, it doesn't install TWRP for the Nexus Player yet.
Other than that, I like the simplicity of this.

@OathYvne I can certainly try! I don't own the Nexus Player, as I'm a broke college student, but try this:
Connect your device, open a terminal window, and run these commands:
For a Mac:
Code:
~/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/mac-adb shell getprop ro.product.model
~/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/mac-adb shell getprop ro.product.name
For Linux:
Code:
~/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb shell getprop ro.product.model
~/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb shell getprop ro.product.name
And paste the results here! this helps me figure out what google calls these devices exactly, so I can get them to work properly
@LecheConCarnie It doesn't install TWRP, as TWRP doesn't exist for the Nexus Player! Or the Nexus Q for that matter. :p

brenstar

Oct 20, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'm getting lost somewhere along the way when using this tool. When I attempt to unlock the bootloader, the nexus player isn't giving me the option to accept. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

midnightzak

Jul 30, 2010
Normal, IL
When you're installing drivers (in Windows), you need to do one for adb and you'll need another for fastboot. Each needs to be done with your device in that specific mode. So, get the NP in the bootloader and then add the fastboot driver in your device manager.

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
When you're installing drivers (in Windows), you need to do one for adb and you'll need another for fastboot. Each needs to be done with your device in that specific mode. So, get the NP in the bootloader and then add the fastboot driver in your device manager.

Sorry, forgot to specify I was using Ubuntu. Ended up using Windows and finally got fastball to work it no adb , lol. Oh well, did what I needed to do.

mkl23

Jan 5, 2011
What am I doing wrong if I try to root my nexus player (running 5.1) and your script is telling me that this is not a nexus device? Used Windows 8 btw.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

fedginator

Apr 1, 2014
both with your script and manually i get stcuk at <waiting for device>. any suggestions? am on ubuntu with Nplayer running 5.1.1

silenus

Sep 2, 2009
Grenoble
Hi !

I try your script v0.11 for my nexus 9 under Ubuntu 14.04 64bit . Sadly, I got the following error :
Code:
Connecting to device and reading device information.
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 102: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 103: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 104: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 105: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 106: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 107: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 108: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh: ligne 109: /home/lames/Nexus-Multitool/all/tools/linux-i386-adb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

This is not a Nexus device. This utility only supports Nexus devices.

Press [Enter] to exit the script.

Have got any idea why ?

bornagainpenguin

Oct 22, 2010
I seem to be stuck in a loop. I am on OS X 10.9.5, and have the latest xcode for that version installed and have installed the command line utilities. The problem is that the script doesn't seem to be detecting the installed versions as running it results in a request to install these things again and again.

Reactions: dewailu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [#nexusmultitoolp1]

If you like it, you might consider donating. ;)
    DOWNLOADS
    Source Code - Github

[#nexusmultitoolp2]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nexus Multitool, Tool/Utility for the Nexus Player

Contributors
    photonicgeek, photonicgeek

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.10
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-23

Created 2014-11-24
    Last Updated 2014-11-24
    I seem to be stuck in a loop. I am on OS X 10.9.5, and have the latest xcode for that version installed and have installed the command line utilities. The problem is that the script doesn't seem to be detecting the installed versions as running it results in a request to install these things again and again.