Search This thread

toninsc

Nov 11, 2010
Chapecó, Santa Catarina
Hello my friends...i put the 4.3 brazilian retail on my phone, but it's a drug... so, i want back to 4.1.2, but, i need unlock bootloader to get a downgrade to 4.3 for 4.1.2 or i simple put 4.1.2 on flashtool and finish the process...

LocaMobile

Jun 15, 2011
How to disable notification icon about system update, after I downgraded from 4.3 to 4.1 ? :) in update center update notiffiactions are off, after restart phone I still have an icon on my bar. :)

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
There is no way. But I think you can download the update before you install it? I have never tried it..

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Did you unlocked your bootloaders by following Doomlords tutorial? If yes you would have read some things about TA partition and backing it up. The same is with restoring and unlocking.

Indohara

Dec 23, 2013
Did you unlocked your bootloaders by following Doomlords tutorial? If yes you would have read some things about TA partition and backing it up. The same is with restoring and unlocking.

no, i haven't unlocked my bl yet.. that's why I asked :).. this flashing method works with locked bl right?

gripen40k

Jan 27, 2010
Not sure if this has been posted to the thread or not, but USB debugging has to be enabled for the flashtool to recognize your phone. I just got the 4.3 update from Sony and my USB debugging was turned off so I didn't know what was going on.

To turn on USB debugging you have to go to Settings>About Phone and then click the 'build number' 7 times. After doing so the developer menu will pop up in the settings page, you can enable USB debugging there.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18944197/how-to-enable-usb-debugging-on-sony-xperia-z1

EDIT: Keywords for search: drivers flashtool detected

Last edited:

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Only when your device works properly and you want to reset it or downgrade it.
If you want to flash a ftf because the device has problems flashmode should do the trick.

spanocle

Mar 10, 2014
xperia sp 4.1.2

salut baieti .scuze sint nou,si am o intrebare.daca fac update la v4.3 voi putea transfera pe card app?ca acum cu 4.1.2 nu se poate.se merita sa fac update? va multumesc

azhar.munshi

Apr 11, 2011
For flashmode volume down.
my phone bootloader is locked & i want to downgrade
but in flash tool mention that bootloader should be unlocked
please guide me
i am on .266 fw i want to downgrade on .254 with root

thanks in advance

Azhar

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

my phone bootloader is locked & i want to downgrade
but in flash tool mention that bootloader should be unlocked
please guide me
i am on .266 fw i want to downgrade on .254 with root

thanks in advance

Azhar
can you give me indian .254 firmware
i had downloaded from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311964&page=3
but it giving me bootloop
i had tried all but same bootloop coming
i had redownloaded it & reflashed it also

but same

thanks in advance

Azhar

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Well that is weird.. I have no idea how to proper check if your bootloader is unlocked yes/no....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody welcome to my tutorial about Flashing with Flashtool. This thread is for those who want to reflash their device back to Sony Stock. See below for last details about this thread and the last build by Sony.

Note: I DO NOT OWN THIS DEVICE ANYMORE. PICTURES ARE REMOVED FROM MY DROPBOX AND THUS NOT VISEBLE. FOR NOW JUST RELY ON THE EXPLANATION PLEASE. ANY QUESTION CAN BE ASKED HERE. I DO NOT RESPOND TO TECHMAIL!

Created: 23-02-2014
    Updated: 05-07-2014
    Latest Android build released by Sony: 12.1.A.1.205

Let's begin shall we.. We shall! :)

First you need to download the correct ftf file for your device/operator or needs. This can be done here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311964 In there you can share and download firmware files in .ftf format..

You alsol need a program called Flashtool. You can download this here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746
    For Windows 8 and 8.1 users I also recommend you to read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095087 Microsoft has enhanced the security in Windows 8/8.1 and Windows won't install proper signed drivers.

When you are done with that you need to move your downloaded firmware file to the proper location for flashtool to be found:
    C:\Flashtool\Firmwares

After that you are good to go, just remember the following:
    • Bootloader locked? If not you wont have BE2/OTA/PCC etc (for unlocking and relocking: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2354721 )
    • I've made backups of my important files that are stored on my phone?
    • Battery at atleast 50%?
    • I have patience?
    • I got something to do meanwhile?
    The last two things are very important :)

Let's get started:

1: Open Flashtool:
    Screenshot%202014-02-23%2014.41.39.png

Flashtool(.exe) for 32Bits systems and Flashtool64(.exe) for 64Bits systems

2: Press the Lightningbolt picture and select Flashmode
    2.png

This will give another screen.

3: Select the downloaded ftf. (In this case 2.254)
    3.png

Make sure that all the wipes are checked and the others are unchecked. This is to prevent any bootloops or other problems after downgrading.

4: Press Flash and the next two lines will be added to the flashtool log
    4.png

The files are being prepared and checked. Have a bit of patience please.

5: Turn off your phone and turn it back on into Flashmode
    5.png

After this the process will start.

After flashing you can disconnect your phone and boot it up.

Via Flashtool you can also reset your system after. For example:
    You are running the latest ExistenZe ROM from our beloved Niaboc79 and you want to go back to stock for a reason WITHOUT losing data! Just flash the last Stock ROM and untick the following boxes:
    untick.png

Untick DATA and APPSLOG!! But keep CACHE to wipe the /cache (is the same as a wipe cache via CWM).

FAQ​

- My Phone wont stay into flashmode
    > Turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it back into flashmode

- Flashtool wont recognise my phone
    > Make sure you have the proper drivers installed. See C://Flashtool/Drivers

- Flashing failed
    > Problem depends on the error code given by Flashtool. Post the problem here and perhaps we can help

- Got a bootloop
    > Reflash again

- Even after reflash I got into a bootloop
    > Turn off your phone via the small button behind the batterycover and wait a few minutes. Then try again. If that doesnt work you need to flash again.

- Booting takes ages
    > This is normal. The entire cache needs to be rebuild. Patience my dear..

- After flashing and booting my phone is laggy.
    > Reboot device and wait a bit. The phone needs to fully reset and boot itself. Have some patience dear.

- Do I need to unlock my bootloader to use flashtool
    > NO!

- Can I unlock my bootloader with flashtool?
    > NO!

- Can I relock my bootloader with flashtool?
    > Yes
    > Reserved by me :)
    To prevent issues YES...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk
    Dear all,

I have sony xperia sp C5303, I have twrp recovery installed and recently i installed stryflex v3.6 on this phone. The problem is the i have an unresponsive touch screen and i want to flash back to stock. I have used flashtool and xperifirm to download xperia sp c5303 uk vodafone firmware. The problem is I can't access USB debugging on this phone so it can allow me to flash back to stock. if i try accessing recovery then the touchscreen wont work at all. Do i need to access USB debugging on this phone to flash back to stock? Yes or No. I don't want to hardbrick this phone since i brought nearly a month ago. The bootloader is unlocked, I also have a backup TA partition on my computer. Can someone guide me through this setup because im unsure to either follow this instructions.

I appereciate if anyone can help me as soon as possible,

Many Thanks,
    Nandan

You dont need to have usb debugging checked, just turn your phone off , then in flashtool select the firmware you want to flash and when it promps you to do so just hold volume- and connect usb cable to the phone