[UNLOCK] Two methods to unlock bootloader without offical Huawei website (ANE-LX1)

Search This thread

whisper

Dec 5, 2006
www.uwix.nl
Hi guys,

Last week I've bought the Huawei P20 Lite and it's a great phone - but like the most of you all I like a rooted phone and the guide provided in this forum works perfectly but... my Huawei P20 Lite must have an unlocked bootloader.

No problem, I've used the Huawei unlock password webpage on my previous phone (P9 Lite), eh.... right... like other user mentioned - it's down for unknown reasons and an alternative isn't possible. Believe me I've tried them all - even the chinese pages which are very hard to read if you're not born in that country :D
So, I've read about DC-Unlocker other users have used to succesfully to get the bootloader unlock code but even when following every known tutorial to use it correctly I got no luck on my Windows 10 PC for hours to connect the needed COM ports. Even the programmer of DC-Unlocker respons in a forum question the software will only work on the P20 Pro!? But, other users managed to get the code.... strange..

Finally I've managed to get the bootloader unlock code and I do want to share it for all other users having troubles connecting the phone to use DC-Unlocker. It's my first tutorial so please be patient if I'm not clear or missing something; if that's the case do respond. :eek:

Method 1:
This one is quite easy but you'll need some patience (a couple of days in my case). Send a message with a request using the offical Huawei website and the Contact Us option: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/
I send a mail something like this:
Dear customer support,
I would like to receive an unlock bootloader code for my Huawei P20 Lite phone. I am aware I'll void my warranty but would like to get receive the code anyway.
Thank you.

A few days later I've got a respons with the answer this is possible and a few questions for the data they need to do so. Responding to the e-mail will result in the unlock code you'll need.
I cannot say how long it exactly will take to get a respons. In my case it was arranged in a few days but don't know how quick the respons will be for any other user.

Method 2:
For anyone who cannot wait a couple of days (like me), here's an alternative which will cost about 4 to 5 euro's (credits) to get the code using DC-Unlocker.

Requirements:
  1. DC-Unlocker client which can be downloaded here: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads
  2. Windows 7 or 8 (Windows 10 didn't work for me - but hey, you can always try :good:)

Well, let's go:
  1. First connect your phone to the PC using the original USB cable.
  2. When drivers are installed a popup screen would appear to view the "HiSuite" drive. This is a created drive-letter which contains a HiSuite Software downloader. Click to open or use the Windows Explorer to browse to this virtual drive.
  3. Install the HiSuite software - this is important to get the correct drivers AND correct COM ports installed on your system. Skipping this step will result in non working DC Unlocker software.
  4. When all is done go to the settings in your phone and open: System -> About Phone and tap the Build-number line about 7 to 8 times. Most likely the phone will ask for a PIN to active the developers mode. This is the code you've setup to use your phone. If you're already have a "developers option" you can skip this step.
  5. Now click the "back" arrow once and select "Developer options".
  6. Tap OEM-Unlock to activate it (confirm if needed), scroll down and tap USB Debugging to turn it on.
  7. Your phone should ask permission to connect your PC (with some MAC address). Confirm it so the connection is approved. If that doesn't show up disconnect the USB cable and check if the USB debug mode is still active in the "Developer options". Than reconnect the cable to your PC.

Now we're ready to use the DC-Unlocker software to get our unlock code:
  1. First you need some credits and you can buy the using this link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy
  2. Just fill in the the fields User-name, E-mail and Credits. Leave the "New user account" option selected if you are a new user.
  3. For the Credits you only need 4 of them. I, initially, bought 5 so I still have one left :D
  4. You'll receive a confirmation e-mail with a username and password. These are needed a bit later.
  5. Extract the DC-Unlocker client to a fold and start it by clicking dc-unlocker2client.exe using the Windows Explorer (or any other file manager). To be sure you can also right-click the file and start the program using Administrator credentials.
  6. Select in the right portion of the program the tab "Server" and enter the username and password you've received by mail. Check the "Remeber" box and click "Check login" to verify your account.
  7. Click in the left portion of the program the dropdown list below "Select manufacturer" and choose "Huawei phones".
  8. Leave the droplist "Select model" selected at "Auto detect (recommended)".
  9. Grab your phone and open your dialer to type this code: *#*#2846579#*#* - this will get you into the service menu of the phone.
  10. Tap 1. Background Settings -> USB Port Settings and select Manufacture Mode and than tap Close.
  11. Put the phone done and let your PC install the newly found drivers.
  12. If that's done click the Magnifying glass in the DC-Unlocker client software.
  13. If all is connected correctly your phone is detected and a message in the white part of the program will tell you so. Also the "Select Model" field should display Huawei HiSilicon Kirin Android if the detection is succesfull.

Now you're ready to read the unlock code! Yeah!
  1. Click in the right portion of the DC-Unlocker client on the tab Unlocking.
  2. Several buttons are visible but just click Unlock which could take a few moments before something is displayed in the white area at the bottom of the program window.
  3. The unlock code can be copied and pasted - so please do copy the number to a text file and store it savely on your computer or in your cloud.

You are the proud owner of the unlock bootloader code of your phone so have fun and start rooting it using the tutorials on this forum! Have fun!

Final note (once again): I did not have any success getting the unlock code using DC-Unlocker while using a Windows 10 PC. No matter which drivers I tried, no matter how many times a tried, tried and tried some more - nothing would work. The needed virtual COM ports to read the phone information couldn't be installed. Finally I've used an older Windows 7 laptop and it work like a charm!
So beware; when you've no luck using Win 10, stop wasting time and use a virtual machine or old laptop/PC which has Win 7 (maybe Win 8)!

Last edited:

touns_j

Apr 28, 2008
Cape town
Redmi Note 10 Pro

whisper

Dec 5, 2006
www.uwix.nl

This link is still active. Atleast for now; when entering the UNLOCK page on the website this announcement pops up:
To provide better user experience and avoid issues caused by ROM flashing, the unlock code application service will be stopped for all products launched after 2018-5-24.
For products released prior to this date, the service will be stopped 60 days after this announcement.

Thank you for your understanding. We will continue to provide you with quality services.

If I understand it correctly this unlock page is only available for about 60 days. The unlock page should be accessible until the 23rd of july 2018? I guess sending them an email will still do the job or you can use the DC-Unlocker tool as described in this topic. :D

pinktheater

Hello everyone. I downloaded de DC-Unlocker, did all the process exactly as the steps and in the end the tool said it was successful and that my phone is now unlocked. However, it never gave me the code.

Is there any way to retrieve this code?

Edit: It seems all the wanted was more money. I had to buy an extra 4 credits to click on the option "read unlock code". Now I have it and my phone is unlock :D

Last edited:

dubtown_mafia

Oct 7, 2015
Hello everyone. I downloaded de DC-Unlocker, did all the process exactly as the steps and in the end the tool said it was successful and that my phone is now unlocked. However, it never gave me the code.

Is there any way to retrieve this code?

Edit: It seems all the wanted was more money. I had to buy an extra 4 credits to click on the option "read unlock code". Now I have it and my phone is unlock :D
We're you using window 10?

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

sebastiennicolo

Dec 29, 2015
What should I pick the huawei read boot loader only something else? A bit new and hessitant do not know how to use this. Please help.

pinktheater

We're you using window 10?

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

I was using Windows 7.

Ironically, i had to revert it back to stock and lock the bootloader again because the phone was hardware damaged and I needed to take it back to the store so the could exchange it.

I don't want to spend more money to unlock the bootloader and root it, so this new phone will remain totally stock unless it is extremely necessary :D

Trudi

Jan 2, 2009
Lausanne
HTC Desire HD
Samsung Galaxy S5
Method 1 doesn't work anymore :

Akburak, Tolga (Huawei Support)
Aug 22, 08:52 CEST

Dear Mr xxxxx,

thank you for your request regarding the bootloader code.
My name is Tolga Akburak, I would be happy to take care of your request.

We have stopped support for the bootloader code.
Therefore, unfortunately, it would no longer be possible.

If you have any further questions, I look forward to reading from you again. Until then, thank you very much for the pleasant communication and have a nice day.

Best regards,
Tolga Akburak

Huawei Customer Service Team

http://consumer.huawei.com/ch/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Last week I've bought the Huawei P20 Lite and it's a great phone - but like the most of you all I like a rooted phone and the guide provided in this forum works perfectly but... my Huawei P20 Lite must have an unlocked bootloader.

No problem, I've used the Huawei unlock password webpage on my previous phone (P9 Lite), eh.... right... like other user mentioned - it's down for unknown reasons and an alternative isn't possible. Believe me I've tried them all - even the chinese pages which are very hard to read if you're not born in that country :D
    So, I've read about DC-Unlocker other users have used to succesfully to get the bootloader unlock code but even when following every known tutorial to use it correctly I got no luck on my Windows 10 PC for hours to connect the needed COM ports. Even the programmer of DC-Unlocker respons in a forum question the software will only work on the P20 Pro!? But, other users managed to get the code.... strange..

Finally I've managed to get the bootloader unlock code and I do want to share it for all other users having troubles connecting the phone to use DC-Unlocker. It's my first tutorial so please be patient if I'm not clear or missing something; if that's the case do respond. :eek:

Method 1:
    This one is quite easy but you'll need some patience (a couple of days in my case). Send a message with a request using the offical Huawei website and the Contact Us option: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/
    I send a mail something like this:
    Dear customer support,
    I would like to receive an unlock bootloader code for my Huawei P20 Lite phone. I am aware I'll void my warranty but would like to get receive the code anyway.
    Thank you.

A few days later I've got a respons with the answer this is possible and a few questions for the data they need to do so. Responding to the e-mail will result in the unlock code you'll need.
    I cannot say how long it exactly will take to get a respons. In my case it was arranged in a few days but don't know how quick the respons will be for any other user.

Method 2:
    For anyone who cannot wait a couple of days (like me), here's an alternative which will cost about 4 to 5 euro's (credits) to get the code using DC-Unlocker.

Requirements:
    1. DC-Unlocker client which can be downloaded here: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads
    2. Windows 7 or 8 (Windows 10 didn't work for me - but hey, you can always try :good:)

Well, let's go:
    1. First connect your phone to the PC using the original USB cable.
    2. When drivers are installed a popup screen would appear to view the "HiSuite" drive. This is a created drive-letter which contains a HiSuite Software downloader. Click to open or use the Windows Explorer to browse to this virtual drive.
    3. Install the HiSuite software - this is important to get the correct drivers AND correct COM ports installed on your system. Skipping this step will result in non working DC Unlocker software.
    4. When all is done go to the settings in your phone and open: System -> About Phone and tap the Build-number line about 7 to 8 times. Most likely the phone will ask for a PIN to active the developers mode. This is the code you've setup to use your phone. If you're already have a "developers option" you can skip this step.
    5. Now click the "back" arrow once and select "Developer options".
    6. Tap OEM-Unlock to activate it (confirm if needed), scroll down and tap USB Debugging to turn it on.
    7. Your phone should ask permission to connect your PC (with some MAC address). Confirm it so the connection is approved. If that doesn't show up disconnect the USB cable and check if the USB debug mode is still active in the "Developer options". Than reconnect the cable to your PC.

Now we're ready to use the DC-Unlocker software to get our unlock code:
    1. First you need some credits and you can buy the using this link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy
    2. Just fill in the the fields User-name, E-mail and Credits. Leave the "New user account" option selected if you are a new user.
    3. For the Credits you only need 4 of them. I, initially, bought 5 so I still have one left :D
    4. You'll receive a confirmation e-mail with a username and password. These are needed a bit later.
    5. Extract the DC-Unlocker client to a fold and start it by clicking dc-unlocker2client.exe using the Windows Explorer (or any other file manager). To be sure you can also right-click the file and start the program using Administrator credentials.
    6. Select in the right portion of the program the tab "Server" and enter the username and password you've received by mail. Check the "Remeber" box and click "Check login" to verify your account.
    7. Click in the left portion of the program the dropdown list below "Select manufacturer" and choose "Huawei phones".
    8. Leave the droplist "Select model" selected at "Auto detect (recommended)".
    9. Grab your phone and open your dialer to type this code: *#*#2846579#*#* - this will get you into the service menu of the phone.
    10. Tap 1. Background Settings -> USB Port Settings and select Manufacture Mode and than tap Close.
    11. Put the phone done and let your PC install the newly found drivers.
    12. If that's done click the Magnifying glass in the DC-Unlocker client software.
    13. If all is connected correctly your phone is detected and a message in the white part of the program will tell you so. Also the "Select Model" field should display Huawei HiSilicon Kirin Android if the detection is succesfull.

Now you're ready to read the unlock code! Yeah!
    1. Click in the right portion of the DC-Unlocker client on the tab Unlocking.
    2. Several buttons are visible but just click Unlock which could take a few moments before something is displayed in the white area at the bottom of the program window.
    3. The unlock code can be copied and pasted - so please do copy the number to a text file and store it savely on your computer or in your cloud.

You are the proud owner of the unlock bootloader code of your phone so have fun and start rooting it using the tutorials on this forum! Have fun!

Final note (once again): I did not have any success getting the unlock code using DC-Unlocker while using a Windows 10 PC. No matter which drivers I tried, no matter how many times a tried, tried and tried some more - nothing would work. The needed virtual COM ports to read the phone information couldn't be installed. Finally I've used an older Windows 7 laptop and it work like a charm!
    So beware; when you've no luck using Win 10, stop wasting time and use a virtual machine or old laptop/PC which has Win 7 (maybe Win 8)!
    Sad. :( But lucky me, I got the code. I hope they will not lock it with the next OTA.

I do not understand? Can the boot loader be blocked with the next OTA?

even if it does get locked (which it shouldn't) , you can still the same unlock code to unlock it, as far as i know the bootloader unlock code doesn't change
    For now i wouldn't go with huawei if you want an active modding community to support you...

Yes, indeed. With this behaviour, they're sabotaging the development of custom ROMs during the "active" phase of the device. After the manufactorer sw support stops, there is nothing you can switch to, and you basically have a swiss cheese like device with security holes. Yay.
    And so much for sustainability ... That basically forces you to buy a new phone much sooner.

In general I despise this trend, that manufacturers even void the warranty for hardware defects after you modify the software. This is crazy.
    I hate this patronising on the mobile devices.
    Why can't we have open computing plattforms, like we have with desktops and notebooks ?! ...

Anyway, thank you for the confirmation.
    Is there a list with manufacturers which are closed and which are more open ?

Update:
    As it may get a bit off topic,
    I found some threads, but many not that informative atm.
    This one is ok, and has some "good" manufacturers mentioned https://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/manufacturer-support-warranty-unlocked-t3750812
    No you reuse the same code as you got the first time.