Search This thread

megamaster2

Nov 17, 2012
Re: Has anybody gotten this? 4.1.2

So ready for the OTA. Mostly cause I can't use adb well yet. But it's not hitting me yet! :( I'm in Central jersey.

Sent from LG Optimus Prime G :D

MTsol

Nov 16, 2009
OnePlus 10 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

I'm busy until this evening today, I'll roll out a major update to the apk to support versioning tonight. Worst case I'll roll out a version that adds and option to unlock without flashing a boot.img, in the mean time, here is a flashable boot for jb with lg security disabled. Just unlock like normal and then flash this in recovery. It's the same procedure used for zv9.

http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/sprint/ZVBboot-freegee.zip

So this lets us unlock after the jb update?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

cowfodder

Jul 15, 2010
Battle Creek, MI

So...... now that we know that ota root keeper works and shelnutt2 has posted the unlock fix I decided to try to update from cache. It looks like I accidentally deleted the Qualcomm app instead of freezing it. Anyone have xtra_t_app.apk from system/app?

Sent from my toilet.

promek

Feb 5, 2011

Same here in central jersey. No update or 4g lte yet

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using xda app-developers app

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011

I'm dying for lte in jersey lol,
So let me get this straight can I flash the OTA on twrp or do I need to go stock.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

cowfodder

Jul 15, 2010
Battle Creek, MI

I'm dying for lte in jersey lol,
So let me get this straight can I flash the OTA on twrp or do I need to go stock.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

It appears that the latest version of twrp from goomanager will flash it and keep root. If not, ota root keeper is verified to work. You can also relock and flash from cache.

Sent from my toilet.

Reactions: sharkboy0901

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010

If you flash via the twrp recovery do you still have to lock the phone again? Has anybody tried it?

Sent from my G

rumgool

Feb 16, 2012
GAINESVILLE
Updating

So, just to confirm, if I am rooted and unlocked (via Freegee), I need to restore my bootloader lock in FreeGee, use OTA Root keeper, and then I can install the OP's zip in normal recovery.

When I try and boot up my phone holding the power and volume up buttons, I get the LG logo, then it stutters and reloads the LG logo, but never sends me to the boot loader screen, it just moves onto the Sprint video. Any ideas why I cannot get into recovery?

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011

It appears that the latest version of twrp from goomanager will flash it and keep root. If not, ota root keeper is verified to work. You can also relock and flash from cache.

Sent from my toilet.

I just attempted to flash the ota update zip from the latest version of TWRP and I get a failed error.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

klyang88

Aug 14, 2011
for you guys above.

1st you have to be rooted and on STOCK ZV9. if u have an unlock bootloader with freegee relock it.

2nd u need to down load the update zip and put it in internal storage. you can play Ispy around this forum to find it if u dont have it yet ;)

and this if u want to boot back up again after installing twrp after update. Thanks to Shellnutt

3. you need to move the update file to cache.

4. if u want to keep root. download root keeper and run it.

5.reboot into stock recovery and update zip from cache

you are now running JB.

6 restore root by using root keeper

7. if u want want to unlock use freegee again for twrp.

8. boot into recovery by using rom toolbox

9. wipe cache and dalvik. then install the Freegee zip in 2nd step.

wipe cache and dalvik then reboot!

Walla! u have rooted jellybean and unlock bootloader...

LASTLY! Im not responsible for what u do to ur phone!!! im just sharing what i did and works!. If you dont want to risk doing this then patiently wait for the devs here to post up a rooted update zip ;)

Last edited:

lensutton

Dec 10, 2012
for you guys above.

1st you have to be rooted and on STOCK ZV9. if u have an unlock bootloader with freegee relock it.

2nd u need to down load the update zip and put it in internal storage. you can play Ispy around this forum to find it if u dont have it yet ;)

and this if u want to boot back up again after installing twrp after update. Thanks to Shellnutt

3. you need to move the update file to cache.

4. if u want to keep root. download root keeper and run it.

5.reboot into stock recovery and update zip from cache

you are now running JB.

6 restore root by using root keeper

7. if u want want to unlock use freegee again for twrp.

8. boot into recovery by using rom toolbox

9. wipe cache and dalvik. then install the Freegee zip in 2nd step.

wipe cache and dalvik then reboot!

Walla! u have rooted jellybean and unlock bootloader...

LASTLY! Im not responsible for what u do to ur phone!!! im just sharing what i did and works!. If you dont want to risk doing this then patiently wait for the devs here to post up a rooted update zip ;)

When I try to update from android recovery, I get E:signature verification failed. Should I have renamed the file or done something else not mentioned in these steps?

Top Liked Posts