| 0 $ still required | Kindly Donate for Cyanogenmod development.

Donation Amount in $.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
This thread should be a sticky.

And has someone posted this thread to the facebook page yet?

Would be nice if as much Galaxy R owners as possible know about this.

No its not posted on Facebook, I've tried to post it on Gsmarena Galaxy R comments but its not displayed in the comments so if possible can you please post it on Facebook because i am not having account..

users who are on Htcmania and other chines blogs, please update this link and message to them...

Total Amount collected is $ 204 ($ 164 + $ 40) still $ 221 is required...

Last edited:

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
Most active day

Atleast for me, today seems to be the most active day for Galaxy R in XDA. So many new threads being created and plenty of replies in the development forum. Though some of them related to issues but it is still discovering new faces who are using this mobile. This is really getting attention and we could see that in the donation to CM team (I know we are not there yet :p). One of the happy days in XDA :)

Last edited:

Epsylon3

Jan 25, 2008
Geneva
tanguy.forumdoandroid.com
i will order it tomorrow or friday in france, should be delivered fast then :)

This time is not lost, i'm still studying your samsung repos (GalaxyR and his qwerty brother, the Glide) and the existing "common" stuff...

i see stuff really different between the repos ... so i didnt put all the essiential parts for the moment..

Well, that will require progressive work with the device, to know if the source can be used or not... I know what will be required for ics, so i try to reduce the future problems

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
Thats an Awesome News Dude..
Thanks alot! Take your time, but do try to port AOSP or CM9 for R! All we need is ICS. :)

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
Donate even a little, why did you stop ??? Even 70% of those who said they would donate it did not, SHAME !

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Thank you maheepmaurya, fuezl & kochan10

@Kochan10: :eek: Buddy i was shocked to see you on Donors list even though you have sold your Galaxy R still contributed amount..

Friends Epsylon3 is spending his valuable time and money (He is paying extra money which is required to buy Galaxy R from his pocket) he is purchasing this mobile just to help us, he is already having 3 mobile so people who want to contribute can please contribute to him..

Thanks to all contributors :)..

Total Amount collected is $ 283 ($ 243 + $ 40) still $ 142 is required ....

Last edited:

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
I am a Student and I dont have enough pocket money to donate man.
If not,I wouldve donated on Day 1 itself.
If possible,I will donate in 5-6 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please Donate your contribution in the below link...
    http://pledgie.com/campaigns/17567

As many of you know Epsylon3 from CM Team is ready to help us in porting CM 7/9 but we need to provide then Galaxy R.

Epsylon3 is buying this device just to help us on my request, he already owns 3 devices (2 defys and 1 atrix) that is why we need to provide him Galaxy R.

****[UPDATE]****

Friends,

Im very proud to say that

WE REACHED OUR GOAL!!!

I want to thank all of you for this achievement. Finally we did it and Now Epsylon is having what is needed to start the work.

Thank you very very much once again.

17567.png
    i will order it tomorrow or friday in france, should be delivered fast then :)

This time is not lost, i'm still studying your samsung repos (GalaxyR and his qwerty brother, the Glide) and the existing "common" stuff...

i see stuff really different between the repos ... so i didnt put all the essiential parts for the moment..

Well, that will require progressive work with the device, to know if the source can be used or not... I know what will be required for ics, so i try to reduce the future problems
    I confirm :) i'm familiar with tegra kernel and also i can pay a part of it by myself

I got the defy ICS port almost working only a few days after sources release, and last official moto rom was a froyo 2.2.2 ...

Here is the full story

I'm also in Atrix dev team which is a similar phone and made some recovery and bootmenu work on it...

Working on this phone will help the 2 devices, even if Atrix one is already almost fully working (camcorder is still buggy)
    Finally received the phone :cowboy: I'm exploring samsung specific features for the moment...

But first impressions, nice screen (was a bit affraid of the lower resolution compared to the defy (480x854) and the atrix (540x960) but that looks good... Colors are a bit different (yellow is more orange) ... And it was shipped with Android 2.3.6 HK GB kernel from May 2012

I will create a new thread soon (to be able to update it) when first steps will be checked... I think we could close this thread....

Else about ICS ;) i just heard a confirmation from the team the next CM number will be CM10 (10 like the 10th letter "J")

Thanks again to everybody if i missed someone (i got a lot of small gifts)
    yea, and i sent also the link to this thread to the shop... i asked them to cancel the order (found it in france at the same price in another shop)

They will add a free SDCard for the delay... but the device is still in transit... (so maybe it is comming from Asia)

i got a big 50$ gift yesterday on the pledgie... Thanks to "ragiut1" :) and no i didnt receive recently direct gifts via XDA (except one for the Defy)
    You're most welcome
    I dont even own the device :)
    9103 deserves CM more than 9100 with its horrible AMOLED.
    peace