[Q] Somehow lost twrp recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :confused: So...I was showing someone at work today how to install custom recovery in goomanager. I wasn't paying attention, went to far & it started to download twrp. I was running a newer version 2.6.3.0 so I tried to cancel the download. Well, that's when my problem started. I rebooted my phone into recovery so I could show him what twrp could do & it was gone. The phone would boot to the splash screen & hang for a few. It would then reboot again back to the splash screen & continue until the phone was back up & running. If I reboot into the bootloader it still says I'm unlocked & s-off. I'm also still rooted. I've tried all the options...fastboot, terminal emulator/adb shell, the PJ75IMG.zip in bootloader, & again thru goomanager. I just can't get it to reinstall. Everything else on the phone works fine. I can connect to my cpu & view all the files on internal storage & the sd card. I'm running Meanbean on hboot 1.19 & baseband 1.12.11.1210.

So what are my options??? I'm not above doing a complete factory reset if needed. Obviously, I'd like to do this without having to start over from scratch if possible.

TIA
    Open a cmd window from your PC>platform tools folder
    Boot into bootloader>fastbootusb
    Type fastboot erase cache
    Re-Flash twrp > fastboot flash recovery recoverymane.img
    Hopefully that will fix your issue
    I tried it & unfortunately it didn't work. It's still doing the same thing.

After typing in the command: fastboot erase cache
    erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [ 0.109s]
    finished. total time: 0.109s

After typing in the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    error: cannot load recovery.img' : Unknown error
    Is the recovery.img file in the folder you are using to run the commands?
    Odd. If you can't get recovery reinstalled I would RUU and go from there. You can use the 3.17 RUU and you'll retain S-off. You'll need to unlock your bootloader, install recovery and flash a ROM once it completes. Might be your best option.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Yes, it's in the platform-tools folder.

Something else that just happened. I went into Nandroid Manager to see if it would say what recovery I'm running...if any. It said: Detected Recovery: Unknown Click to fix! When I clicked it I got this message.
    "It looks like the file last_log at /cache/recovery/last_log does not exist! This file is required to detect installed recovery. To fix this problem please reboot into your recovery then reboot back to system!

What about flashing recovery via Nandroid Manager? I'm a little reluctant to do this since they warn it can brick your phone.
    I have never heard of Nandroid Manager so can't really answer.
    Are you sure everything is spelled correctly in the command?
    If I RUU, what's my best option for unlocking the bootloader? Can you still use HTC dev?

Yep.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE