[Solved] Headphone Audio Bug?

Search This thread

AndroidSon

Jan 7, 2013
Headphone audio stops working when I play a music and put the app in the background and press the power button to turn off the screen. I am on the latest nightly. Anyone else having this problemo?

Edit: Fix: Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot.

Last edited:

barcakid_

Dec 15, 2013
I have the same problem

Headphone audio stops working when I play a music and put the app in the background and press the power button to turn off the screen. I am on the latest nightly. Anyone else having this problemo?

I dont know why, but when even i hit home buttom open any app, pull down the notification bar or lock the screen, i get no audio. software issues i believe?

droidfalife

Oct 26, 2011
This is a huge problem

I am experiencing exactly the same thing on Omni rom and vanilla cm11. I've tried AGNi pureCM Kernel and gotten the same issue, might try Devil Kernel next.

Device: I605
App: Google Play Music

AndroidSon

Jan 7, 2013
I am experiencing exactly the same thing on Omni rom and vanilla cm11. I've tried AGNi pureCM Kernel and gotten the same issue, might try Devil Kernel next.

Device: I605
App: Google Play Music

I think it doesn't have to do anything with the custom kernels that we've installed. I uninstalled my devil's kernel and the problem still persist.

All my music apps including the youtube app.

droidfalife

Oct 26, 2011
I just installed Slim Rom and I now have no problems.

Edit: I discovered that it was Google Now Launcher causing the music bug. Slim Rom comes with Nova Launcher as default and when I use Nova, the problem does not persist.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidSon

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012

Edit: I discovered that it was Google Now Launcher causing the music bug. Slim Rom comes with Nova Launcher as default and when I use Nova, the problem does not persist.

Headset mic breaks audio output on exynos. GEL uses mic all time

AndroidSon

Jan 7, 2013

Good thing you found what was causing the problem. Audio is now working fine after disabling hotword ("okay google") detection in voice settings.

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection . Then reboot.

In4ming

Dec 31, 2012

Edit: Fix: Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot.

Not really a fix, more like a workaround. What if I want to keep Hotword Detection and still play music? Anyone?

Trendsbuz

Jun 17, 2014
Headphones Not working

Hello !

I am using the latest nightly build of omni rom on galaxy s3, everything is working fine except my headphones aren't working

i tried everything from using another launcher to disabling the hot word detection even i tried Boeffla-Kernel but still no sounds through headphone while playing music in apollo or google music player :(

i faced the same problem in cm11 nightly builds that's why i switched to omni rom but no luck :(

please help me out...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good thing you found what was causing the problem. Audio is now working fine after disabling hotword ("okay google") detection in voice settings.

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection . Then reboot.