[RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)

Search This thread

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
Straight from the CM wiki. Downloaded the 2011-01-20 Gapps for CM7. Tried different ext4 CWR images (1GB, 2GB, 4GB) and nothing.

EDIT: I just pushed them via adb and they don't show up either. WTF?

Verify that market is not installed. The CM7 gapps are modular so on initial install the only thing that you will have is market.

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Verify that market is not installed. The CM7 gapps are modular so on initial install the only thing that you will have is market.

Oh, didn't know that. In Nookie Froyo all of the Gapps would show up after I flashed the ZIP.

Market was there on first boot, and I got the "Market App Installer" asking which Gapps it should download. I select them all, and then I just got 10 or so "Item could not be found." prompts in a row (I had my WiFi already set up and connected and added and synced my Gmail account before that).

Looks like Market can't find the Gapps? I tried searching for them and installed GMail and Youtube, but Maps and Facebook don't show up in the Market. I even wiped, reflashed CM7 and changed the fingerprint to the verizon 2.2.1 one before I let the Market App Installer run and same thing - can't find half the apps, and Facebook and Maps are also missing when you do a manual market search.

I even pushed all the Gapps manually via adb and rebooted and they're still not there. WTF?

I am sadface :(

Last edited:

jkurl

Jan 20, 2011
Fairfield, Ca
I think I am gonna sell my galaxy tab and just keep having fun w/ my NC. Can't wait to load this when I get home. I can't put my nook down and I won't even look at my other tab now. Has anyone confirmed if the 8gb CWM file is working?

Can't wait to test this. Thanks for adding all mirrors. It was way slow even at 3am this morning when I was downloading CM7.

LeathaLurker

Feb 1, 2011
Question about the dsp for video, what exactly is it thats keeping it from processing, is it nonfunctioning at all? I am just asking this because I remember with rowboat there were a few hiccups though I havent delved into the kernel or much at all on my NC beyond just some basic youtube user data logs...if there is an IRC where this could be better explained to me I might throw my hat in the ring and see if I cant come up with a hackedup fix.

Also was this doable from the sourced TI? Because I stopped following the development and was kinda focused on some opensourced linux porting on top of the ios...lame I know but I had for some reason come under the impression that the LOD had made this dead in the water.

Last edited:

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
Maybe I'm just blind, but could someone link me to the uninstallclockwork zip needed in order to get back to stock?

I believe you have to flash your SD card with the other image used for Froyo, and then use the ununstallclockwork.zip with that. But I'm not 100% sure. Thought I read it somewhere in the thread.

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007
Oh, didn't know that. In Nookie Froyo all of the Gapps would show up after I flashed the ZIP.

Market was there on first boot, and I got the "Market App Installer" asking which Gapps it should download. I select them all, and then I just got 10 or so "Item could not be found." prompts in a row (I had my WiFi already set up and connected and added and synced my Gmail account before that).

Looks like Market can't find the Gapps? I tried searching for them and installed GMail and Youtube, but Maps and Facebook don't show up in the Market. I even wiped, reflashed CM7 and changed the fingerprint to the verizon 2.2.1 one before I let the Market App Installer run and same thing - can't find half the apps, and Facebook and Maps are also missing when you do a manual market search.

I even pushed all the Gapps manually via adb and rebooted and they're still not there. WTF?

I am sadface :(

This build got released prior to fixing market access. The fix is in the repos but not in this build. So you'll have reduced access to apps regardless of the fingerprint. Apps can filter based on hardware as well as the fingerprint. We essentially have to lie to the market and say we have a modem to get access to most apps.

Question about the dsp for video, what exactly is it thats keeping it from processing, is it nonfunctioning at all? I am just asking this because I remember with rowboat there were a few hiccups though I havent delved into the kernel or much at all on my NC beyond just some basic youtube user data logs...if there is an IRC where this could be better explained to me I might throw my hat in the ring and see if I cant come up with a hackedup fix.

Also was this doable from the sourced TI? Because I stopped following the development and was kinda focused on some opensourced linux porting on top of the ios...lame I know but I had for some reason come under the impression that the LOD had made this dead in the water.

join #nookie and message either myself or FatTire.

I *think* the issue is getting newer codecs that work with Gingerbread. It seems the codecs that came with the device are dependent on the now extinct PV OpenCore framework. As we speak we are working on getting codecs similar to the BB rowboat project. Hopefully we'll know more later today.

New CM7 kernel posted in my kernel thread.

benlee337

Jul 7, 2009
screen on/off notification

ive changed settings for the screen on/off notification and it doesnt work. is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

ChrisJ951

Jan 25, 2011
Did anyone else lose adb access when installing this? I cant seem to get it to work, while it worked for froyo, eclair, and Honeycomb

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010

thecubed

Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
well, wow.
this thred sure has blown up!

in summary:
i'll be rebuilding another new image as soon as i get home...

and i'll get a mod to separate most of this into the two distinct conversations... one for cm7 and one for the clockwork recovery.

glad to see everyone is enjoying this- lets try to keep this as more of a "developers only" for the time being until the cm7 guys can make a proper announcement.

gZusLuvsU15

Jun 20, 2006
Everything works great, but my only problem is that it can't connect to my wireless at home. I have never had any problems in stock, froyo, or honeycomb, before. It tries to connect, but won't get to the part of acquiring an ip address.

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
I downloaded the 8GB image from the torrent link and it's corrupt when extracting it.

Downloading from the original download link now.

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
On a side note, anyone know if its safe to flash CWR through ROM Manager on our "Tasty Extra?" (;

Edit: Also is the lockscreen supposed to only show half a wheel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nook Color CM7 install instructions

There are a couple of ways to install Cyanogen on your Nook Color. Either of these work fine. I use the ROM Manager approach so I that I don't have to slide out the microSD on every reboot.

1. Install the recovery using ROM Manager from the Market. You need to root using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054027 first.
    2. Create a bootable recovery SD, boot from it and install Cyanogen.

Step by step instructions for installing Cyanogen using ROM Manager. Up to date as of 2011-10-02:

1. Follow the instructions at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054027 to root your Nook Color and install the Market.
    2. Using the Market app install ROM Manager.
    3. Launch ROM Manager, install the recovery.
    4. Download the flashable CM7 zip of your choice. I recommend the CM7 nightly from: The CM7 nightly builds.
    5. Download the google apps from one of the links at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
    6. Copy the cm7 zip, the uBoot .zip and the google apps zip to your SD card.
    7. Use the reboot to recovery option in ROM Manager.
    8. Flash from .zip the cm7 zip and the google apps zip.
    9. Reboot.

Step by step instructions for creating a bootable recovery SD and using it to install CM7. Up to date as of 2011-10-02:
    1. Download the 3.2.0.1 bootable SD recovery image from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14462733&postcount=120.
    2. Extract the .img from the archive
    3. Burn the recovery img to an SD card as explained at http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting#Steps
    4. Download the flashable CM7 zip of your choice. I recommend the CM7 nightly from: The CM7 nightly builds.
    5. Download the google apps from one of the links at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
    6. Copy the cm7 zip, the uBoot .zip and the google apps zip to your SD card you created.
    7. Unmount the SD card from your PC, insert it into your nook color.
    8. Reboot your Nook Color. It should boot into the SD card recovery. Should read version 3.2.0.1.
    9. Under mounts Format /system, /data, cache. Do not format /boot.
    10. Flash from .zip the cm7 zip and the google apps zip.
    11. Remove the SD card.
    12. Reboot your Nook Color.
    13. Enjoy CM7.
    14. I keep this microSD in my NookColor all the time. When I reboot I remove it just long enough for the uBoot screen to show (Read Forever or the Cyanogen Mod logo) and then put it back in.

Downloads sometimes get corrupted. Verify md5 checksums where possible. Redownload if you have a problem when md5 checksums are not provided.

To be able to use the Netflix app, modify your build.prop to make the device claim it's an HTC Vision.
    Alright! Here it is!

Want an EXT4 compatible bootable CWM SD card?
    Done.

You'll need this for installing/maintaining a CM7 build on your NookColor.

All thanks to the excellent NookDevs team!
    (you guys are excellent!)

Downloads:
    All files, including ext4-compatible build environment, are located here:
    http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/clockwork/0.1-ext4/

Mirror 1:
    http://tsunade.net/nookdev/clockwork/0.1-ext4/ - Thanks tehsu!

Mirror 2:
    http://www.r00tyou.com/android/nook/clockwork/0.1-ext4/ - Thanks Reneg4d3 !

Torrents are here:
    http://tracker.cryptolect.com/IOM/ courtesy of Vid.

Usual instructions are the usuals...
    Got an 8gb SD card? Get the 8gb_clockwork file (or smaller).
    Got a 1gb SD card? Don't download anything bigger than the 1gb_clockwork file.

Coming soon!
    ZIP files for installing/removing EXT4 clockwork to internal storage, and the CM7 O/C kernel installable zip.

WARNING:
    This WILL NOT work on stock NookColor OS.
    It is ONLY compatible with EXT4 partitioning of the internal storage.
    If you use this to backup or install anything to your stock NookColor OS, I can't make any promises about what might happen...

By the way- my server's about to get hammered, so if anyone wants to post a mirror link (no rapidshare-like sites PLEASE!) I'd be very grateful.

Code:
    f957165fd4dd85cdb99deec31f104de6  update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-encore-KANG-signed.zip

Code:
    0afa3a3a189914f709dd5f18aadd43cb  128mb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
    0aad5d16eb9a274f2a72b12f7be44c55  1gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
    598262de35053f2d34480175ac337d7c  2gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
    71ba12fc908c6bcc643aec6e9359b9f1  4gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
    41ac8d2b425f47db3f811676d35bd904  8gb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
    4e9e91930f960d540509f10b0ecfb08b  buildenv-0.1-ext4.tar.gz
    Hopefully, tonight I should have a cwm flashable ext4 compatible cwm... that is if someone hasn't beat me to it.

Here ya go ;)
    Want something to test this bootable SD with?
    http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/cyanogenmod/update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-encore-KANG-signed.zip

Instructions (and a few mirrors):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11452450&postcount=22

Remember: this is NOT final. It may not even install. It may eat your device. IT the clown may come after you... I can't really do much about that...

Before anyone gets upset about a -KANG build released, it's okay, I have permission from the devs, since now all the source is publicly buildable.

If something bad happens, don't blame me, don't blame anyone. Not even your dog.

Be careful: to get back to anything relatively stock, you'd need to use my bootable SD (non EXT4) to apply uninstallclockwork.zip, then format /system, /data, and /cache from the non EXT4 card. Reboot and the device should bootloop 8 times before deciding it's useless and begins to restore the factory.zip.
    That should leave you with a completely stock NookColor.
    I think.

To install: boot from the ext4 cwm from this thread, format /data and /cache, then install this zip. Done.

DO NOT post here questions about this build. This thread is for the Clockwork card only...
    You just need to copy uRecRam and uRecImg from the .zip to /boot (mmcblk0p1). You also need to copy u-boot.bin if yours has ever been changed. If you see "Touch the Future of Reading" when you boot, it's probably fine.

...or you can achieve the same thing by...

1. Download the zip from xawen's post to your SDCARD http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11494614&postcount=179
    2. Go to ROM Manager, and hit "reboot into recovery" like you normally would
    3. Install xawen's zip file
    4. Reboot out of CWR

Thanks, it works :). I wish there was an easier way to boot into recovery, though. Pressing n+power at boot too much time => the nook powers off; too little => it doesn't enter into recovery =P.

Reboot into recovery from the CM7 menu doesn't work.

4. Now ROM Manager still says that 3.0.0.5 is flashed, but if you manually boot into recovery it will actually boot 3.0.0.6 and let you flash the nightly update

... and thanks xawen for the fix!!! ;-)