[Q] What do I need to modify in build.prop to keep the latest OTA from pushing?

Search This thread

benmarvin

Yes, I know I could just install a custom ROM. But I'm just looking for the quick fix. I heard the latest OTA breaks root and makes it harder to root or impossible. Just want to get rid of the notifications for now.

Alternatively, does anyone have the build.prop from the OTA that I could just copy over so the phone thinks it's updated?

Last edited:

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
You asked what to modify in the build.prop. I answered your question. No need for the smart alec secret society comment. This is a pretty chill group of people that will do anything for anybody. I for one take that kind of stuff personal and would generally not help out, but I'll be nice this time around.

You have to update, modify the boot.img, modify the update apk, or you can delete the Update apk and lose bluetooth.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

chiperic

Dec 16, 2010
You asked what to modify in the build.prop. I answered your question. No need for the smart alec secret society comment. This is a pretty chill group of people that will do anything for anybody. I for one take that kind of stuff personal and would generally not help out, but I'll be nice this time around.

You have to update, modify the boot.img, modify the update apk, or you can delete the Update apk and lose bluetooth.

Ok, so you're saying that if I want to go back to Derap 1.1 all I have to do is delete the updat.apk but I'll lose BT? I don't have to modify boot.img and update.apk just delete update.apk? I'm cool with losing BT, I don't use it.

I really appreciate the work you are doing MT. I just like the stock themed ROM like what was in Decrap a little better than the green.

Keep up the work though I may come back to Revolt yet! You said you were working on a more stock themed ROM is that still going to happen?

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
Ok, so you're saying that if I want to go back to Derap 1.1 all I have to do is delete the updat.apk but I'll lose BT? I don't have to modify boot.img and update.apk just delete update.apk? I'm cool with losing BT, I don't use it.

I really appreciate the work you are doing MT. I just like the stock themed ROM like what was in Decrap a little better than the green.

Keep up the work though I may come back to Revolt yet! You said you were working on a more stock themed ROM is that still going to happen?

I am working on it, the fun part is working around bing. They have not only integrated it into the system but it is forced into lghome also. I may work on it some more tonight. I have got to work on some bug fixes on revolt then I may move over to the new.

MobileUpdateClient.apk is the exact apk. Delete it and no more updates!

Reactions: benmarvin

chiperic

Dec 16, 2010
I am working on it, the fun part is working around bing. They have not only integrated it into the system but it is forced into lghome also. I may work on it some more tonight. I have got to work on some bug fixes on revolt then I may move over to the new.

Thanks my friend!

chiperic

Dec 16, 2010
Since renaming MobileUpdateClient.apk to .bak it looks like I'm going to get a serious boost in battery life. Since doing this, 3 hours ago, I've only lost 5% of battery. I would usually lose around 10% every hour. Maybe BT has something to do with poor battery life on this phone? I don't know, but it's worth looking into. I hope it's the case.

On a side note, you may want to reboot after update, or do what I did and try to enable BT. When you try to enable BT it will act like it resets the phone sort of like a soft boot. Phone feels lighter too....lol jk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It requires more than just a build.prop edit.