NRG Weather 3.0 - "The pretty version..."

Search This thread

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
I installed on my Q9c and I still get that font issue with large text boxes in PIE, however, I'm willing to put up with it at this point since the 6-day layout means I don't have to reboot the phone to see the latest forecast.

Any idea what might be causing the font issue? Since this weather panel is basically just scripts reading XML files and making registry changes, I can't imagine that it'd be too hard to figure out what's causing the PIE font issue. The font issue isn't a huge deal and I'd completely ignore it if it weren't for the fact that the digital font makes no differentiation between upper and lower case and many special characters just show up as boxes.

I dumped the 10-day panel and added a link to the Weather Update in my links panel if I ever decide to manually update the weather.

After messing around with things for a while, I finally figured it out. I renamed \Windows\LCD.ttf to LCD.bak and rebooted. Now PIE uses its regular Courier font instead of the LCD font. Weird issue and I'm surprised that PIE seems to randomly grab a fixed-width font from \Windows but whatever. This fix probably means I can't use the LCD clock font, but I'm not using that option anyway. Probably just a Moto Q9c issue.

I'm very happy! :D:D:D Small Paypal donation made. (Note, Organic, your latest version thread here doesn't have a Paypal link - found it on another thread.)

While digging around, I noticed that the SPWeather.home.xml files and most of the cpr files are using the Nina font, which I don't think my phone has. My default chome_320x240.cpr file uses Segoe. Several of the portrait-style cpr files use Segoe instead of Nina.

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
Great application! Useful, beatiful graphic, fully integrated with UI and layout; try to sell it to MS (or to HTC), before they copy the concept and the code :)

luckyland

Jan 7, 2008
this app is specifically written for the sliding panel homescreen. The sliding panel homescreen is only available on the WM 6.1 platform. So no. it does not and will not work on the WM6 interface

Thank you.
No hope it can be adapted to WM6, to use it as a plugin for home?
At present I'm using Fizz Weather, but I really like the crisp graphics of NRG Weather.

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
i fixed the downloading problem, now my questions is what layout are the sample pictures using? I set the 6 day layout, but the background is not transparent like the ones displayed?

this problem is still occurring??? I dont get it. i can go to PIE and it that works fine.

Last edited:

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
i fixed the downloading problem, now my questions is what layout are the sample pictures using? I set the 6 day layout, but the background is not transparent like the ones displayed?

He's using a dark, but partially transparent image on the slide, this is due to the fact that he's trying to make all of the info appear better on the screen as to adapt to different types of wallpapers people use. If you used a very light background image for example, and he didnt use that filter, the white text would be difficult to see.

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
There's a new autoupdate mechanism that uses the phone's notification system. It looks at the last time yahoo updated their servers and counts 65 minutes from that.. then it updates :) And so on...

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
hi organic, thank u very much for the update !!:D

2 questions:
-where do u edit the icons/txt inside the panel?.... i wanna put the location text to the far left instead of center
-is it possible to add another day for portrait devices? i think 1 more can fit :p

Inurius

May 1, 2008
Boise
Kind of a dumb question here

Ive just downloaded the Chome Configurator and everytime I install this app, it resets what I have hidden. If I go back into the config and change it back the weather bar vanishes. Any idea how to fix this?

kron2

Mar 30, 2008
alignment looks ok on my shadow organic are you going to make a light version and are you going to remove the hi and lo on the top if not can you point me in the right direction to remove it from Weather.mscr thx for the great app.:D

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
alignment looks ok on my shadow organic are you going to make a light version and are you going to remove the hi and lo on the top if not can you point me in the right direction to remove it from Weather.mscr thx for the great app.:D

speaking of the hi and lo, why did u not put it under the icon of "today" instead of having it blank?

debabratadey

May 13, 2008
Seattle
This is beautiful

ORG:

This is really awesome. I have been busy all day and installed it only now. It looks wonderful. I am going to hide the CWelcomecnter...

Will let you know if I find an issue. Once again, thanks for your hard work. A small donation is on its way...

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
I don't think so

The CHome Config refreshes your screen. It will remove the CTestUIPanel everytime. Always, reboot, then go back to CHome Config and then click on show next to the CTestUIPanel, it will then refresh the screen again and your panel will be there. It is supposed to know that CTest is running and reboot your phone to make these changes, mine does sometimes, sometimes it doesn't and I have the same problem as you.

Hint one thing I noticed. If I wait, like 3 seconds after it asks me to save changes when I exit, then it will ask if I want to reboot. Then, I say yes and all problems go away. You might want to try that wait 3 seconds thing, and see if that works for you. I can only say that I think the program has to have time to catch up in order to work correctly. Hope this helps
Kind of a dumb question here

Ive just downloaded the Chome Configurator and everytime I install this app, it resets what I have hidden. If I go back into the config and change it back the weather bar vanishes. Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
Org, this thing looks great, dude. I know you weren't too "thrilled" with my big panels, but that is no big deal. I don't hold ill wills, I was happy for the criticism. Anyway, I have not installed this yet, but have downloaded. I just got home from work, so I didn't have time, but I have to say, based off of the pics, this thing seems to be complete, finally.

Hope you're happy, brother. You should be. Take it easy. Catch you on the flipside.

Inurius

May 1, 2008
Boise
The CHome Config refreshes you screen. It will remove the CTestUIPanel everytime. Always, reboot, then go back to CHome Config and then click on show next to the CTestUIPanel, it will then refresh the screen again and your panel will be there. It is supposed to know that CTest is running and reboot your phone to make these changes, mine does sometimes, sometimes it doesn't and I have the same problem as you.

Hint one thing I noticed. If I wait, like 3 seconds after it asks me to save changes when I exit, then it will ask if I want to reboot. Then, I say yes and all problems go away. You might want to try that wait 3 seconds thing, and see if that works for you. I can only say that I think the program has to have time to catch up in order to work correctly. Hope this helps

That worked perfect! Thank you very much :D I was pounding my head into my desk ehre at work trying to figure it out!