[Q] Device won't boot after failed root attempt

Search This thread

SassMaster

Mar 30, 2014
So i was trying to root my Nexus 7 for some of the many benefits that you get from rooting and half way through the process i messed up somewhere and now the device is completely bricked. I can't access bootloader or even start up the device at all. I have tried plugging it in to my PC and windows tells me that it isn't a Nexus 7 but instead it's called "QHSUSB_DLOAD" and i can't access it's internal storage at all.

I tried the many combinations of button holding and tried charging it, but still no response. I can't access it at all, it won't start, it's just gone. I can't use any of the features of my rooting toolkit either as it can't recognize the ABD. I was able to access bootloader for a while but when i decided to activate the Recovery mode, i saw the dead android and a warning sign above him.

So, Now it's just completely unresponsive and i can't plug it into a PC. I haven't even seen anything on the internet related to the QHUSB_DLOAD device that keeps appearing. I really need help with this. I can't even find anyone else with this problem, so i'm pretty worried... Also, I'm not used to installing and playing with mobile devices, so try to explain things in clear-ish english so i might actually understand some of the terms you use.

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
What method were you using to gain root? Was it a toolkit?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

SassMaster

Mar 30, 2014
What method were you using to gain root? Was it a toolkit?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Sorry for the late reply. I was trying to find my account for a while as I didn't save my login anywhere. As for a toolkit, yes, I was using the Wugfresh toolkit. Luckily for me, the problem seeming was an overnight fix. After I woke up, I was making breakfast and the tablet just decided to turn on next to me. I didn't even press the power button, which is kinda weird. Either way, Problem solved. :)

Sent from my now rooted Nexus 7. Awww Yea.

scttduk

Sep 22, 2010
Thats the Android Magic.
Sorry for the late reply. I was trying to find my account for a while as I didn't save my login anywhere. As for a toolkit, yes, I was using the Wugfresh toolkit. Luckily for me, the problem seeming was an overnight fix. After I woke up, I was making breakfast and the tablet just decided to turn on next to me. I didn't even press the power button, which is kinda weird. Either way, Problem solved. :)

Sent from my now rooted Nexus 7. Awww Yea.