6 months and still disappointed with note3

Search This thread

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
The Note 4 needs to be more than a spec upgrade

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yes, It would help if it was free!

Actually I would be happy with a spec upgrade, including a slightly wider screen and a camera that does better in low light. Also, I think moving to Android L will be a big improvement for any device so the overall user experience should be considerably better once we are at that point.

retrofred

Sep 25, 2006
canyon country
Going back to a Note 3

I am going back to a Note 3 in a few days. Changed to an LG G3, and don't get me wrong, the LG is a great phone and would recommend it to anyone. I just liked my Note better. If your unhappy with the Note 3, you should try the G3. I will say that the camera is better than the Note 3 in low light conditions.

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
I love my note 3.

Everything about it except the fact that the gps sucks.

I have tried countless gps apps, resetting it, and have warrantied it three times and even bought a new one and to this day the gps will not function the way it should.

It was flawless on my note 2 and on the oneplus I had for a few days it was perfect as well.

I cannot believe more people do not have this problem.

And I'm not one of those ocd guys about having a perfection phone. The gps just obviously sucks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
I love my note 3.

Everything about it except the fact that the gps sucks.

I have tried countless gps apps, resetting it, and have warrantied it three times and even bought a new one and to this day the gps will not function the way it should.

It was flawless on my note 2 and on the oneplus I had for a few days it was perfect as well.

I cannot believe more people do not have this problem.

And I'm not one of those ocd guys about having a perfection phone. The gps just obviously sucks.

Interesting, I have not had any problems with the GPS (I use Google Maps, Yelp, etc) so I must just be lucky.

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
I'd love to hear many opinions about the gps from others.

Like I said two other devices it worked perfectly.

Been through like four or five note 3s now and always bad. It's been so darn frustrating.

deathpulse

Nov 11, 2007
GPS works flawlessly on my note 3 too, even inside most of the time.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I use gps every single day on my commute to/from work, basically for traffic info, but gps is tracking my position as it should, no problem at all.
stupid question: you did enable cellular and wifi assist?

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
I use gps every single day on my commute to/from work, basically for traffic info, but gps is tracking my position as it should, no problem at all.
stupid question: you did enable cellular and wifi assist?

Yes, yes of course.

On the phones that it works perfect on it follows me on google maps without any hiccups.

With any one of the note 3s I have had it follows me but to less accuracy and tends to freeze up and tries to play catch up but FAILS

Ironically, the charging port just stopped working and I am sending in yet another note 3 for exchange. I must be the unluckiest person in the world with this phone. I am hoping the note 4 will get me back on the positive track of the note series.

Even after I tried the one plus and had flawless GPS I went back to the note 3 because that is how much I like it. Everything about it just feels right. O well I'll let you guys know if by some strange miracle this one works properly.

I have tried all sorts of custom roms and even stayed on stock (which I have never done with a phone) just to eliminate any possible reason for it not to work and still its not right.

I've dealt with it all year, can't wait for the note 4.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

The only possibility I can think of is a 64gb sd card I never had in previous note 2 and could not put into my oneplus one. If it doesn't get better with replacement I will try it without the sd card although I don't see that being a possibility.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
[/COLOR]The only possibility I can think of is a 64gb sd card I never had in previous note 2 and could not put into my oneplus one. If it doesn't get better with replacement I will try it without the sd card although I don't see that being a possibility.
I have 64 GB Sandisk in mine, so I don't think it would affect anything.
If its more than one Note I would look for common denominator, here probably case and software, so after receiving phone back I would probably run 100% stock without case for few days just to see.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

actually come to think of it, if sd card was bad and your map program use it for storage, it could cause problems, so I take it back, run the phone without card as well.

jkim55

Jan 6, 2011
The only possibility I can think of is a 64gb sd card I never had in previous note 2 and could not put into my oneplus one. If it doesn't get better with replacement I will try it without the sd card although I don't see that being a possibility.
Do you have a non samsung phone case? I have seen many cell & gps signal issues being caused by aluminum cases.

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
Love the Note 3, but yeah the GPS can fail sometimes. Most of the time it's the same as my girlfriend's 5S in that it locks on quick and works perfectly when we need directions in a pinch. But I won't deny that sometimes the GPS will just freeze and screw us over to the point where I have to sheepishly put my phone away and ask to use her 5S (lest we spend our day aimlessly on the highway waiting...)

llsektorll

Aug 1, 2009
Saskatoon
Just use CM11 ROM. It's the experience you want with the screen you want. I've been using them for a while, but I'm going back to TW now just because I like switching things up.

inflewence

Oct 29, 2008
Not here to bash the OP but some things are really "to each his own". I've had my phone for almost 8 months and it's the best phone I've owned and I'm not even rooted. In the past I've been so obsessed with root I said I wouldn't do it. Now I'm about to dive into rooting the phone I feel like I can keep this thing for a couple of years. That never happens. I get new phones every 6 months. Hope its gotten better for you.

Reactions: kabuk1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Almost 3 months and still disappointed with this thread :/
    Roflmao sell it and move on its pretty simple

I've had a Note3 for 6 months now (after many years of Nexus) and I have to say I am disappointed with it...except for the screen size which seems to be the only thing I like. I only bought Samsung because its just about the only company offering microSD + removable batteries (god knows why HTC wont follow suit on these features). I am a heavy user and I need extended batteries...I also need microSD over cloud for those rural areas...or when I cant get a signal in a large brick building. I've had my eye on large phones for a while and I thought I would fall in love with the note...but the Samsung experience leaves a lot to be desired. Knox, Touchwiz + Samsung bloatware/apps all kill the user experience. Why on earth would Samsung even try to take on Google calendar with such an inferior calendar app? I hear rumors of Samsung wanting to kill 3rd party accessories + developing Tizen OS. Why would I support this? If I wanted a closed ecosystem with officially licensed accessories and proprietary connectors then I would join the cult of Apple.

Anyway, I rooted my note3 today and I am looking into a custom ROM. I hope this will change my feelings for this phone. Sorry to rant, but I had to get it off my chest and I wanted to know if anyone else felt this way.

what does knox have to do with anything.... you dont have to touch knox... i dont think you even own the note lol sorry but you can replace any app with the google store.... is the note 3 tizen again you fail cuz the note 3 is running android..... you dont own the note 3 cuz you can buy the 10000mah battery zero lemon and you can buy the 128gb sd card the note 3 support it again

i dont think you own the note 3 sorry

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

if you do own the note 3 and its rooted now you can deleted any bloatware or any app and replace with anything you like again this is android learn how to use
    I can't believe this thread is still alive.

If you don't like your phone, sell it and get something else. Seriously, it's that simple. I don't know why anyone would feel the need to make a whole thread just to complain about it.
    The best advice anyone has ever given me... stop hating things for what they aren't but instead love things for what they are.