[KERNEL][OC/UV][BFQ][AUFS][FTW][GPL] HCDR.Kernel v4.2 || Flash to any ROM

Search This thread

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Announcement:

I am pleased to announce that from now on I will be working with ralle.gade too! He is a kernel dev with a lot more experience than me who can hopefully bring us some really cool stuff :)

Hey guys,

I've made this thread to share with you my kernel for the Wildfire. It is based on HTC's own kernel, however I have added patches specific to FroYo (to enable sd-ext support, stop screen flicker, enable touchscreen). It also features overclock to 768MHz. The kernel was built for the CM ROMs which I am working on.

You can get the source here. To build it, navigate to the source directory and run the following command:
Code:
make arch=ARM subarch=ARM cyanogen_wildfire_defconfig

You can then run
Code:
make arch=ARM subarch=ARM
to compile the kernel.

You will get a zImage which you can then add to a boot.img for a ROM, as well as a bcm4329.ko WiFi module to be added to /system/lib/modules

I recommend that only developers try this (for now anyway) and the rest of you wait for the devs to release an OC kernel for their ROM.

I have attached a prebuilt zImage (kernel) and wifi module in a zip folder. DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THIS. It is not a flashable zip, but the resources necessary for devs to make a patch of this for their ROM.

The v4 zip attached below can be flashed to ANY ROM without any negative consequences. For devs, the zImage and WLAN module can be found inside if you wish to use it as standard kernel in your ROM.

Changelog - v2:
*Added Ext4 support

Changelog - v3:
*Added BFQ Scheduler (by ralle.gade)
*Added undervolt (by ralle.gade)
*Other patches by ralle.gade (more details can be found in source)
*ralle.gade took yo' 19MHz

Changelog - v4:
*Added AUFS overlay (by ralle.gade) - adb shell or terminal emulator "aufs --enable" to activate system r/w
*Added interactive CPU scheduler. (by ralle.gade)
*ralle.gade gave back yo' 19MHz
*Added newer Wireless driver (with Wireless-N support) (by me)
*Hidden easter egg (unintentionally added by me) - Only works if your ROM has the necessary files (I'm looking at you, adeadrat :p)

Changelog - v4.1:
*Set default freq. to 245-518 MHz - Should fix booting problems for some people

Changelog - v4.2:
*Update WiFi driver to fix WiFi sleep bug (by zinx)

Known bugs:
*No WiFi on some roms. If it doesn't work on 4.2, use 4.1

If you'd like to donate, use the link in my signature or above my avatar. You can also donate to ralle.gade here. It would be much appreciated :)

Thanks to:
*adeadrat - for informing me that the OC actually works
*HTC - for releasing their kernel source
*Google & The Android Team - for developing android and making it open source
*Linus Torvalds - Starting development of the open-source linux kernel.

Have a nice day,
HCDR.Jacob

Attachments

• OC-Kernel-2.6.32.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,221
  • OC-Kernel-2.6.32_v2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,925
  • HCDR.Kernel_v3.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,049
  • HCDR.Kernel_v4_Flashable.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,886
  • HCDR.Kernel_v4.1_Flashable.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 21,976
  • HCDR.Kernel_v4.2b_Flashable.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 15,323
Last edited:
Hey guys,

I've made this thread to share with you my kernel for the Wildfire. It is based on HTC's own kernel, however I have added patches specific to FroYo (to enable sd-ext support, stop screen flicker, enable touchsctreen). It also features overclock to 768MHz.

You can get the source here. To build it, navigate to the source directory and run:
Code:
make arch=ARM subarch=ARM cyanogen_defconfig

You can then run
Code:
to compile the kernel.

You will get a zImage which you can then add to a boot.img for a ROM.

I recommend that only developers try this (for now anyway) and the rest of you wait for the devs to release an OC kernel for their ROM.

I will compile this myself later on and upload the zImage for developers to add into their ROMs if they want to save themselves time by not compiling it

Have a nice day,
HCDR.Jacob

TNX! Tried too compile the source in the github, with your config.
dont forget make modules :D
edit,
and oh itś cyanogen_wildfire_defconfig
;)

Last edited:
N

naserbaser

Hey guys,

I've made this thread to share with you my kernel for the Wildfire. It is based on HTC's own kernel, however I have added patches specific to FroYo (to enable sd-ext support, stop screen flicker, enable touchsctreen). It also features overclock to 768MHz.

Have a nice day,
HCDR.Jacob

Good work!
What is the minimum clock set at? Stock or lower? I'm running mine at minimum 122mhz at the moment, works fine. And can the overclocking be modified using SetCPU or is it locked in the kernel somehow?

BTW, have you had the time to look into some undervolting?
I'm fully aware that you're busy with CyanogenMod and other stuff, I'm just a bit curious :p

Will probably flash the OpenFire rom this evening to try this out :)

Lots of questions at the same time, I apologize for that :p

beardyone

Sep 13, 2010
good work jacob. i have been wishing for an OC kernel and here it is :) absolute legend, and only 16? good work fella

bluedragon1982

Jun 20, 2006
Detmold
Hey Jacob,

I have a very importen info about your kernel

The Touch Panel is SYN3KY_01

Your kernel dont work with the SKN3KY_01 touch panel it seems it only works with the AMTEL panel.

The same bug is posted on OpenFire (the kernel is your source) and WildPuzzle (uses your OC kernel in v8.0.4) thread.

The kernel included in the CN RUU supports WiFi Tether and AMTEL + SKN3KY_01 Touch Panel.

Maybe there is a way to dirty hack the newer kernel until htc will release the source.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Hey Jacob,

I have a very importen info about your kernel

Your kernel dont work with the SKN3KY_01 touch panel it seems it only works with the AMTEL panel.

The same bug is posted on OpenFire (the kernel is your source) and WildPuzzle (uses your OC kernel in v8.0.4) thread.

The kernel included in the CN RUU supports WiFi Tether and AMTEL + SKN3KY_01 Touch Panel.

Maybe there is a way to dirty hack the newer kernel until htc will release the source.

I have a SYN3KY_01 too.... can you pleease give a kernel I can use in openfire rom?

You can try the kernel file 0050 posted in the WildPuzzle Topic for v8.0.4 but that kernel isnt tested with openfire, i use this kernel atm with WildPuzzle rom and its working great

oh itś not working for me.. 0050 it is with wildpuzzle 8.0.1(i think)
edit,
sorry it was 0055 that didnt work. But you cant flash 0050 in openfire. AND I cant unpack or mount boot.img. whatś the fs-type?

Last edited:

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Ill look into the screen issue, and for those asking about openfire, its the same kernel

Sent from my Tattoo using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcement:

I am pleased to announce that from now on I will be working with ralle.gade too! He is a kernel dev with a lot more experience than me who can hopefully bring us some really cool stuff :)

Hey guys,

I've made this thread to share with you my kernel for the Wildfire. It is based on HTC's own kernel, however I have added patches specific to FroYo (to enable sd-ext support, stop screen flicker, enable touchscreen). It also features overclock to 768MHz. The kernel was built for the CM ROMs which I am working on.

You can get the source here. To build it, navigate to the source directory and run the following command:
    Code:
    make arch=ARM subarch=ARM cyanogen_wildfire_defconfig

You can then run
    Code:
    to compile the kernel.

You will get a zImage which you can then add to a boot.img for a ROM, as well as a bcm4329.ko WiFi module to be added to /system/lib/modules

I have attached a prebuilt zImage (kernel) and wifi module in a zip folder. DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THIS. It is not a flashable zip, but the resources necessary for devs to make a patch of this for their ROM.

The v4 zip attached below can be flashed to ANY ROM without any negative consequences. For devs, the zImage and WLAN module can be found inside if you wish to use it as standard kernel in your ROM.

Changelog - v2:
    *Added Ext4 support

Changelog - v3:
    *Added BFQ Scheduler (by ralle.gade)
    *Added undervolt (by ralle.gade)
    *Other patches by ralle.gade (more details can be found in source)
    *ralle.gade took yo' 19MHz

Changelog - v4:
    *Added AUFS overlay (by ralle.gade) - adb shell or terminal emulator "aufs --enable" to activate system r/w
    *Added interactive CPU scheduler. (by ralle.gade)
    *ralle.gade gave back yo' 19MHz
    *Added newer Wireless driver (with Wireless-N support) (by me)
    *Hidden easter egg (unintentionally added by me) - Only works if your ROM has the necessary files (I'm looking at you, adeadrat :p)

Changelog - v4.1:
    *Set default freq. to 245-518 MHz - Should fix booting problems for some people

Changelog - v4.2:
    *Update WiFi driver to fix WiFi sleep bug (by zinx)

Known bugs:
    *No WiFi on some roms. If it doesn't work on 4.2, use 4.1

If you'd like to donate, use the link in my signature or above my avatar. You can also donate to ralle.gade here. It would be much appreciated :)

Thanks to:
    *adeadrat - for informing me that the OC actually works
    *HTC - for releasing their kernel source
    *Google & The Android Team - for developing android and making it open source
    *Linus Torvalds - Starting development of the open-source linux kernel.

Have a nice day,
    HCDR.Jacob
    Yes

So if and when the official froyo comes can i flash this on it? ANd is it possible to make wifi work with official sense froyo and this kernell? :D

I doubt it. Correct me if I'm wrong, Wildpuzzle is based on the Froyo chinese release and several including me are experiencing unstability with HCDR.Kernel. So when froyo comes out (with a different langaguage), the fact wont change.
    I'm a noob, and I have a question: how to install it?
    The same way as installing custom ROM's after rooting?
    If no, than please explain or give a link to somewhere with an explanation

Yeah same as custom ROMs. As with ROMs, I recommend a backup :)
    Is there a guide to flash HCDR.Kernel to phone? Or it requires some programing skills to do it? I've rooted and istalled a custom rom which does not have Jacob's kernel and i like to try it. Thanks

Previous Page:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10018911&postcount=263

;)