[Q] Root Problems Help Urgent pleaase

Search This thread

saifbunni

Jun 5, 2010
k after i finally succeeded to downgrade (thinkin that the hard part is done!!!!), i cant get past step 1, i keep gettin either "waiting for device", or htc black screen, or nothing happens. step 2 is even worse, all i get is "device not found", or loads of "FAILED". ive reinstalled htc sync 2, uninstalled htc drivers.
i think it seems that my computer is not recognising the phone as an android device, cos everytime i connect it, win7 seems to automatically install drivers (nd i cant stop that) and recognises it as HTC ANdroid Device (it appears as a "Disk Drive")..... tried to use htc sync, phone keeps searching nd it fails.. help please i cant use my phone

ive managed to install adb drivers but it only recognises phone when is turned on normally, but wen i go into fastboot or recovery, it doesnt show any adb devices....
do i hav 2 install drivers 4 each mode????? id pay sum1 2 do this 4 me.

Last edited:

saifbunni

Jun 5, 2010
comon ppl, i will actually give u sum money if u help me out through the whole thing, (no joke)

updatE: done step 1, but step 2 cant be done cos computer doesnt recognise the phone as android in recovery mode.....it comes up as usb mass storage nd i try to update drivers nd comes up with error...

Last edited:

QkSi1ver

Jun 24, 2008
try running another OS...
i had problems with mine as well on win7 32 bit... so i used winxp on vmware
and everything went smoothly...

make sure you get the HTC Sync 2.33 or you can use PDANET to install the drivers

saifbunni

Jun 5, 2010
installed pdanet, same thing, evverything is awsome till i enter recovery wher the stupid **** drivers turn into "mass storage" and the android phone disappears....(using vista 32 now)

amoskas

Apr 2, 2011
installed pdanet, same thing, evverything is awsome till i enter recovery wher the stupid **** drivers turn into "mass storage" and the android phone disappears....(using vista 32 now)

Try booting to normal mode, then connect the device to the computer as a removable disk (or connect your sdcard to the computer with an sdcard to usb adapter)
After that, put on your sdcard the recovery update.zip found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=969076

after that, boot in recovery. press vol-up + power and choose "apply sdcard:update.zip"

Then you'll get a CWM recovery menu where you can install any ROM (should put the ROM on the sdcard ofcrouse), and that saves you from running step2.

saifbunni

Jun 5, 2010
oh great stuff, i pressed apply update, then i get "signature verification failed", this seems way better than havin 2 go through step 2. how do i fix it though? thx 4 reply :(
also it says E: cant open cache/recovery/command
its not workin man, any1 ?????

Last edited:

saifbunni

Jun 5, 2010
thats the same 1, i replaced it, nd still doesnt work man. still "signature verification failed"
also do i need 2 do step 1 again like if i boot phone into normal, then come back to it, will that affect step 1? maybe thats y?

Last edited:

amoskas

Apr 2, 2011
Are you sure step1 was finished successfully?
When you run it you need to make sure in the CMD window that there isn't any FAILED at the end

didn't understand your second sentence

saifbunni

Jun 5, 2010
omg it turns out that it didnt step 1 cos i didnt insert the goldcard (i feel stooopid)
now all is good, i got into the recovery menu nd now installing new rom. one thing, do i need to wipe cache or play with the other options before installing new rom??? or do i just press install zip from sdcard? thx 4 help, finally sumthing

amoskas

Apr 2, 2011
Do data+cache wipe (if you're using the update.zip method of recovery, I think that the wipe data also wipes the cache) and only then install new ROM

bonesy

Jan 28, 2009
Cornwall, united kingdom
WOAAH BETSY! Backup first before anything! Save the backup to your pc in case you mess anything up! Then wipe cache, and everythign you can wipe (besides SDCARD)

Jmatch

Feb 12, 2011
Sorry my friend got on my phone ...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App