The Real Official X2 axing?

Search This thread

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Edit: I at first made this post to inform people that no one officially said X2 is being axed and then I read iBolski's post on another thread:

Just received a reply from Motorola to my BBB filling. Now I'm really ticked and I've had it. I'll be responding later today basically telling them that I will no longer purchase Motorola products, ever. That the X2 is my FINAL Motorola device and that when my upgrade comes due later this year, I'll be going to a different manufacturer.

The response stated they are still supporting the X2, but it will not receive ICS, which is different from the phone call I received on my cell phone. Maybe it was Melvin? ;) What I think it was is the person calling me was mistaken OR the person responding to my BBB complaint doesn't know what's going on. I'll definitely tell them about the phone call in my response as well.

But, I'm going to take the response from my BBB filing as the last straw. I'm done fighting this fight. I have better things to do than to waste my breath with a company that has decided to dump support and upgrades to a phone that is not even a year old.

I will keep my avatar that I have speaking out against Motorola and it's products. Now, if they want to give me a Droid RAZR MAXX for free, I'll take that, but I'm done with Motorola, period.

So, the X2 is getting Axed!? :eek::eek::eek: :( :( :(

Dragonz, you are our only hope!

There is a thread here that quotes:
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/06/verizon-releases-list-of-phones-to-get-ice-cream-sandwich-updates/

and claims that VZW has officially axed the X2. Read the article carefully. It says:
"We will continue to update this list as additional details become available throughout the year. Also, follow @VZWNews on Twitter for additional upgrade announcements.

Secondly, the ONLY moto devices on the list are those that Motorola confirmed getting ICS a while back. Surely, Motorola is not doing "planning and evaluation" for a Bazillion phones just to ditch each and everyone of them. At that rate, they might as well burn a pile of money and phones and see how that goes.

So, to sum up. NOBODY said we aren't getting ICS, excepting for all the misinformation of course.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: ztotherad

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Edit: I at first made this post to inform people that no one officially said X2 is being axed and then I read iBolski's post on another thread:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/06/verizon-releases-list-of-phones-to-get-ice-cream-sandwich-updates/

and claims that VZW has officially axed the X2. Read the article carefully. It says:
"We will continue to update this list as additional details become available throughout the year. Also, follow @VZWNews on Twitter for additional upgrade announcements.

Secondly, the ONLY moto devices on the list are those that Motorola confirmed getting ICS a while back. Surely, Motorola is not doing "planning and evaluation" for a Bazillion phones just to ditch each and everyone of them. At that rate, they might as well burn a pile of money and phones and see how that goes.

So, to sum up. NOBODY said we aren't getting ICS, excepting for all the misinformation of course.

Hope this helps.

If the X2 does get ICS it's probably going to be way bogged down with blur that it'll barely run, but at the same time, I'd love to get ICS because then the kernel can officially be supported by the kanged CM9 we're getting (hopefully) real soon, but from what I've read the GB kernel'll do fine with cm9 so I'm up in the air about that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just received a reply from Motorola to my BBB filling. Now I'm really ticked and I've had it. I'll be responding later today basically telling them that I will no longer purchase Motorola products, ever. That the X2 is my FINAL Motorola device and that when my upgrade comes due later this year, I'll be going to a different manufacturer.

The response stated they are still supporting the X2, but it will not receive ICS, which is different from the phone call I received on my cell phone. Maybe it was Melvin? ;) What I think it was is the person calling me was mistaken OR the person responding to my BBB complaint doesn't know what's going on. I'll definitely tell them about the phone call in my response as well.

But, I'm going to take the response from my BBB filing as the last straw. I'm done fighting this fight. I have better things to do than to waste my breath with a company that has decided to dump support and upgrades to a phone that is not even a year old.

I will keep my avatar that I have speaking out against Motorola and it's products. Now, if they want to give me a Droid RAZR MAXX for free, I'll take that, but I'm done with Motorola, period.

The Following is the old post I made. Though it technically is right, as in no one officially communicated to us that the X2 is being axed, in light of iBolski's correspondences, it may be falsified.

Hope this helps.