[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (toro) [STABLE/WEEKLY]

Search This thread

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Last edited:

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)

Last edited:

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Reporting Bugs

When you submit a bug you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise your developer might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

1. Make a nandroid backup.

2. Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system)
Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

3a. When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS etc. and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the homescreen.

3b. When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.
Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard.
Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet".
Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

4. Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

5. Post the logcat in a txt file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread.
Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.

6. Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (don't ask for ETAs).

Last edited:

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
on maguro for 80% gps is working. There seems to be some user with GPS problems where we do not know why exactly...for most it works....on our team phones it works on all phones lol so:

Try to test it with GPSTest from playstore and if it does not work we need logcats

Reactions: ahjee and 7175

Roladriz

Apr 5, 2010
Is GPS working?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

on maguro for 80% gps is working. There seems to be some user with GPS problems where we do not know why exactly...for most it works....on our team phones it works on all phones lol so:

Try to test it with GPSTest from playstore and if it does not work we need logcats

It appears to be working for me.

qbgb.png

thetakerfan

Jul 5, 2010

GPS is spotty for me so far, sometimes it works other times it just sits there. Only tested in my house so far, will see how it works tomorrow out in other areas. Other than that, only the noted issues so far.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Need Testers?

I just got a build done and testing. I can't believe how smooth it is for being an alpha. This is going to be a sick rom when it hits beta builds. Awesome work!

If you do I am available for testing. :D

been running two other Alpha builds One from here and one from RootzWiki. Strange but for some reason the one from here was like 153mb while the one from there was 328mb I think. That is the one I am running now and I am really digging it this KK will be scrumptrulescent when modded and themed!!!!! SUPERFAST and not that many glitches for Alpha builds. Anyways let me know, I am available for testing.

dirtsky

been running two other Alpha builds One from here and one from RootzWiki. Strange but for some reason the one from here was like 153mb while the one from there was 328mb I think. That is the one I am running now and I am really digging it this KK will be scrumptrulescent when modded and themed!!!!! SUPERFAST and not that many glitches for Alpha builds. Anyways let me know, I am available for testing.

PM sent

Reactions: jhr5474

Enter The Nexus

Oct 28, 2012
Trapped at UCLA

I'm down as well. Just PM me and I got you!

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

ABN85

May 21, 2010
Wolfe City, TX
I haven't actually flashed any of the 4.4 ROMs yet (just got crdroid 4.3.1 set up with kitkat apps and I like the working data), just thought I'd put my two cents in on the graphical glitches. I've seen several posts for different ROMs talking about glitches in animations, just curious if turning off animations in developer settings would "fix" the problem until it's actually worked out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

clnzx2

Sep 17, 2007
I haven't actually flashed any of the 4.4 ROMs yet (just got crdroid 4.3.1 set up with kitkat apps and I like the working data), just thought I'd put my two cents in on the graphical glitches. I've seen several posts for different ROMs talking about glitches in animations, just curious if turning off animations in developer settings would "fix" the problem until it's actually worked out?

Data is working fine for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: ABN85

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011

Doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

It appears to be working for me.

qbgb.png

Better try with GPS Test.
Maps is able to pull your location trough your WiFi.
Or switch of WiFi either will work.

Reactions: ABN85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
    Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)
    so guys again a new build is up.....last 4 days added over 6000 lines new code.....2000 lines from that I coded from scratch...a bit burned out so this is mainly a fixing release.....changes

- fix superuser issues + security fixes
    - fix broken play sound on charge option
    - fix white slider issues on whit colored apps
    - fix battery percent was a bit to high on qs
    - some code improvements
    - added delete option when takin screenshot
    - again corrected some parts where google missed to theme KitKat to the end
    - and a lot minor stuff
    - aaaaand some kernel updates which seems to have solved the reboot issues. Please test and report back

thanks and have fun

kufi
    Hey guys, not trying to be a jerk, but try to keep the talk about other ROMs out of here. These guys work very hard to get Slimkat running, and putting up links to other peoples ROMs in this thread because somethings wrong with this one isn't very cool. They all have their issues, if you wanna talk about other ROMs, PM each other.
    it is currently a hard task on the one hand we bring all our devices up on the other hand we put back our features...some are redefined some we programm completly from scratch with new stuff. Eg today we pushed about 200 commits from 4.3 into 4.4 for our other devices + fixes for current devices

but mostly ppl are interested in new features...so new build has:

- superuser included (need to be enabled in developer options!!!)
    - a lot new features just discover them...to much to write up
    - a new crt animation...check it out
    - fix settings locale language problem
    - and tons of fixes under the hood

and new build is up

I added a simple list yesterday but it is actually more we have already included:

- all keyboard features are back (force auto rotate, disable landscape fullscreen, force enter button, ime notification, volume key cursor control)
    - clock statusbar features
    - crt animation
    - statusbar brigthness slide
    - safe headset volume
    - volume rocker features (wake device, sound skip)
    - slims privacy guard
    - volume panel features we had
    - keyguard on supported devices shows now transparent navbar/statusbar as well
    - wifi country code
    - advanced reboot menu
    - custom LED battery and notification features
    - swipe qs -> notification and back
    - disbale OTA from google
    - slims camera and video features (smart capture, image quality, image size, gps indicator etc)
    - implemented root (needs to be enabled in developer settings or in superuser settings. Disabled by default)
    - tons of fixes in google code and optimizations
    - a lot under the hood stuff
    - and whatever I forgot to mention lol